Awoo.

Doctor Who

Patticus

Take this with a pinch of salt, but apparently this is the full list of episode titles for Series 9...

1. The Magician's Apprentice

2. The Witch's Familiar

3. The Creeping Dark

4. Deep Down

5. The Girl Who Died

6. The Woman Who Lived

7. Calling

8. Last Stop

9. The Night You Left

10. The Day We Die

11. Miss Me

12. The Shadowman

13. Apocalypto

Also, an interview with Steven Moffat claims he is "changing the rhythm" for this series, as well as promising an excellent performance from Peter Capaldi and further development for The Doctor and Clara's relationship.

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine introduced me to the series last night, and I gotta say, I'm hooked. He first showed me the episode "Blink", which dazzled me in so many ways.

First, I'll just get the obvious popular opinion out of the way; David Tennant is a qt and his performance as the titular time lord is a boatload of fun to watch.

The weeping angels both intrigue and terrify me. Aliens that turn to stone whenever they are seen by any living organism, can move at the speed of light when not seen and kill you by trapping you to the past with a single touch if you so much as blink? Brilliant concept, but I do not wanna live in a world, universe or dimension where something that terrifying exists. My fear of these things didn't get any better when I was told that any photo or video of a weeping angel becomes a real, living weeping angel. I also loved the way this episode played with time travel, like the doc using writing on a wall to warn Sally to duck, and "talking to" Sally through a video recording using a transcript that was written by Larry, who didn't know that it would come in handy to make what was being watched possible.

I also saw the first two episodes of the first season, which I also enjoyed, despite the special effects being distractingly cartoony and cringeworthy. Christopher Eccleston has lots of charm as the Doctor as well. I love the ninth Doctor's quick wit and quips, he made me chuckle many times. Cassandra made me uncomfortable, but I couldn't but think of a certain image whenever she was on screen....

tumblr_nhmpuxUDWj1rlh2zqo1_500.png

I can't wait to binge watch this show soon, I'm really digging it so far!

Brilliant that you're enjoying the show. I would definitely suggest continuing from where you left off in series 1 and follow the series in order, it'll definitely be more rewarding for you that way. Hopefully you can get caught up before series 9 this August although even if you don't finish in time just go back later, the show has a hell of a lot in the pipeline this year.

Some new filming pics have arrived... Series 9 spoiler alert for The Girl Who Died and/or The Woman Who Lived!

WNS_040515_Doctor_Who_04.JPG?format=1000

WNS_040515_Doctor_Who_11.JPG?format=1000

WNS_040515_Doctor_Who_26.JPG?format=1000

WNS_040515_Doctor_Who_35.JPG?format=1000

WNS_040515_Doctor_Who_3801.JPG?format=10

WNS_040515_Doctor_Who_52.JPG?format=1000

Well, this IS a bit exciting!

lego-doctor-who-dimensions-fig.jpg

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/lego-dimensions-video-game-to-feature-doctor-who-73617.htm

Doctor Who is joining the Lego Dimensions line-up! Not exactly the full-fledged Lego Doctor Who game people are hoping for but damn it's a step in the right direction.

With the prices Dimensions is asking for right now though, this'll have to wait for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Doctor Who LEGO figures are looking absolutely excellent - this particular set including both the TARDIS and K-9 along with The Twelfth Doctor is a very nice collection indeed.

Any idea what that level location might be though? It doesn't scream anything particularly Doctor Who to me, at least not anything like Gallifrey or Skaro. Looks like there might be a clocktower in the background, perhaps it's just London in some shape or form?

I'd guess London, possibly Victorian.

Yeah, that makes sense - for an unquestionably British show it makes sense to bundle it with the most unquestionably British landmark! All they need to do now is throw in some LEGO Jurassic World dinosaurs and we can recreate Deep Breath! :lol:

Anyway, onto Series 9 news... big stuff is happening in Episodes 7 and 8, written by Peter Harness (of Kill the Moon fame)!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGlhxm8Bgus

Osgood is back and she's bringing the Zygons with her for this two-parter... but can The Doctor trust her?

If nothing else this might help tie up some of the loose ends from The Day of the Doctor, so bound to be worth tuning in for! Also, Osgood is apparently going to have a Seventh Doctor inspired look during these episodes... will she get round to them all eventually?

So the person that made the LEGO Time of The Doctor video has come out with an unofficial proof-of-concept of a level segment in a hypothetical LEGO Doctor Who game. The result is really interesting to watch, it's all very exciting and whatnot.

This has to happen one day. Hopefully the inclusion in Dimensions is a step forward.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh my (time) lord, that was amazing! Excellent, excellent work and a brilliant showcase of how a LEGO Doctor Who game could work. There's something absolutely hilarious about seeing a playable Handles just hopping around behind The Doctor as he traverses the Cyberman spaceship :lol:

You know what, this has convinced me. Even though it's not the real deal, it's given me enough of an appetite. As soon as the Doctor Who level pack for LEGO Dimensions goes up for pre-order, I'm plonking down my interest. I've longed for a half-decent Doctor Who game since... well, all the previous failed attempts... and if this is the closest it's ever going to get, I don't plan on missing out!

In completely unrelated news, I picked up the Series 8 soundtrack (which is out tomorrow, came in the post a couple of days early though) - and it's fantastic! Quite possibly my favourite series soundtrack so far, even. "A Good Man (Twelve's Theme)", "Fear" (from the end of Listen), "Freefall" (The Doctor skydiving in Death in Heaven) and "The Majestic Tale of an Idiot with a Box" (The Doctor's final speech in Death in Heaven) are my top picks at the moment... can't wait to hear some of them live at the Symphonic Spectacular next weekend, too! :D

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

Stop the presses! Peter Capaldi has a new outfit for Series 9!

For the majority of the episodes filmed so far, he's been rocking the navy jacket/hoodie/black jumper look he had in Last Christmas, but today we see he's not entirely going to be sticking to that...

CHIYlKRWMAEwYUd.jpg

Red velvet! Ooft ~

It's pretty much his Series 8 look but with a red version of his iconic jacket, but damn does it ever look nice. As much as I like and prefer his jumper/hoodie look, I'm glad to see that the original buttoned-up white shirt and cardigan isn't going to be tossed aside completely like Matt Smith's tweed jacket was from Series 7 onwards.

EDIT: More details about this episode have been revealed - it's Episode 10, written by Sarah Dollard, and it sees the return of Rigsy from Flatline!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1LmQzcu9kI

• Thumbs Up 1

I just saw this ad for Doctor Who's Disney XD premiere. AKA "What if Doctor Who was created in 1994?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz2IP0R6YgU

In fact really all the ads I've seen for it have felt like they're trying to be EXTREEEEEEEEEME, and it's hilarious. (btw can I just say how surreal it is to hear my nephew talking about Daleks? ...Although he keeps pronouncing it "Dolley's" but ok whatever, still)

• Thumbs Up 3

• 3 weeks later...

The first official picture of The Magician's Apprentice has arrived courtesy of Entertainment Weekly, along with a new interview with Peter Capaldi...

doctor-who.jpg

Is Peter Capaldi freaking out about losing his Comic-Con virginity at the Doctor Who panel in Hall H? What can he tell us about the still-being-filmed new season of the British science fiction show (which premieres on BBC America this fall)? And how did he find working with Who guest star Maisie Williams, of Game of Thrones fame? The Scottish actor took some precious time out of his schedule to exclusively answer our queries.  

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Are you looking forward to Comic-Con?
PETER CAPALDI: Very much. Comic-Con is so legendary, so a great thrill to be invited along.

You told me last year that, as a child, you were always more intrigued than frightened by Doctor Who. But are you nervous at all about appearing in front of 7,000 people at the Doctor Who panel?

Very nervous. Don’t think I’ver ever stood in front of 7,000 people in my life. But if 7,000 people want to see us, it would be rude not to turn up. 

If you were going to walk the Comic-Con floor disguised as a monster from Doctor Who, or as anything or anyone else, what or who would it be?
A white walker from Game of Thrones. Or, fromDoctor Who, a menoptra

Could you tease the two-part premiere?
It places the Doctor in a conflict that is central to his being, as well as containning some subtle tributes to the ’60s, and truly wonderful guest performances. 

What can you tell us about the exclusive photograph from the premiere (see above)?
The photo shows the Doctor about to make a mistake that has cataclysmic repercussions.

How is the Doctor different this season from last?
He’s throwing himself into life with a newfound hunger for adventure. He’s in pursuit of joy and grabbing every thrill that he can along the way. But I sense him running from something, that even he does not yet understand.

Tell us about the villains and monsters the Doctor will be encountering this season?
There is an epic sweep to this season and I think the villains and monsters reflect that. Great new ones, brilliant old ones, and some very scary creatures looming in stories with real emotional ambition.  

And Missy?
In the hands of Michelle Gomez, Missy is more magnificently bad than ever before. 

Maisie Williams is one of the new season’s guest stars. How was working with her?
Maisie is fantastic. A sharp, talented tornado. As an 18-year-old, she has taught me many new words and expressions. All I’ll say about her character is she shifts in cosmic ways.

How would you describe the relationship between your Doctor and Jenna Coleman’s Clara this season?
They’ve suddenly realized that they are the most fortunate people in all of time and space and are hellbent on adventure. Jenna continutes to deliver a beautifully nuanced, complex, and funny performance that marks her out as one of the best companions ever.

Jenna had planned on leaving last season before changing her mind. Will these be her last shows?
I hope not.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/01/peter-capaldi-doctor-who-maisie-williams-exclusive-photo

I just saw this ad for Doctor Who's Disney XD premiere. AKA "What if Doctor Who was created in 1994?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz2IP0R6YgU

In fact really all the ads I've seen for it have felt like they're trying to be EXTREEEEEEEEEME, and it's hilarious. (btw can I just say how surreal it is to hear my nephew talking about Daleks? ...Although he keeps pronouncing it "Dolley's" but ok whatever, still)

.....Not gonna lie, if I knew nothing about the show and saw that, I would absolutely be convinced to watch Doctor Who. It's so cheesy....hell I almost wish the modern series was actually as cheesy as that. (Okay, it has it's moments, but you know what I mean.)

Well this certainly has been the Day of the Doctor!

I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I didn't even mean that second one I swear.

Anyways, many of you will have seen all the new Lego Dimensions info that's been circulating of the past few hours butt looks like Doctor Who isn't done yet!

11692665_1160890093925016_36692292798971

The Doctor Who Facebook has advised fans that something special is coming our way and to check the page around 10.30 PM British time tonight. 

Now, given the whole timey wimey mess that is time zones, I'd hazard a guess that the Doctor Who panel at Comic Con will be going on at that time.

Could this be a trailer debut for Series 9?

• Thumbs Up 1

Fingers crossed.  They've done a pretty good job at keeping spoilers under wraps for this series; there are a few rumours but nothing really concrete.  Let's just hope they don't go and spoil it by leaking several whole episodes this time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Want some nifty Doctor Who Merchandise news? Do you like Pop figures?

11181317_477773109053367_744024123298477

Have to say, I like these a lot, especially the Eleventh and Tenth.

• Thumbs Up 1

Series 9 trailer is here!

It looks... wow! Just wow! 

Episode 1 debuts on Saturday 19th September. Let the countdown begin!

Also, best shot from the whole thing:

CJgM462UkAABcDO.png

Rocktor Who!

• Thumbs Up 1

Glad to see we finally got a date for Series 9! I'm really looking forward to it! Peter Capaldi is looking really badass in that trailer too!

If anyone fancies watching the full panel, here it is in all its glory!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv86g1-cO-4

I must say I'm really impressed by how they've handled Doctor Who at Comic Con this time. There was so much outrage and drama over their last appearance in 2013 thanks to exclusive The Day of the Doctor trailer, it's refreshing to see that they've taken on board the criticisms and are sharing all the news much more openly now.

Also, interesting point to note - because this is the latest in the year that a new Doctor Who series has aired, the finale will be on 5th December which means less than 3 weeks between Series 9 ending and the 2015 Christmas special! Which is also going to make the wait for Series 10 feel even longer than ever, no doubt...!

Want some nifty Doctor Who Merchandise news? Do you like Pop figures?

11181317_477773109053367_744024123298477

Have to say, I like these a lot, especially the Eleventh and Tenth.

I wish they'd have some more Classic Series based ones but I've come to expect this from the series.

I just want a Third Doctor one damn it...