Awoo.

Doctor Who

Patticus

Oh, I didn't know she was Michael Jackson's daughter. Yeah, that would be... Odd.

Edited by The Fourth Doctor

Paris Jackson attempted Suicide today, hope she pulls through.sad.png

Sorry for going a bit off topic but I thought I would bring it up.

Edited by BW199148

Well I got a nice surprise, I just went to Tesco only to find out that The Mind of Evil is out now on DVD (in colour! biggrin.png ). Needless to say I bought it

The Doctor is a man, but he does have a 'daughter,' so maybe she's in line for that job?

Actually, on the whole "white fully-formed human male" thing I mentioned earlier:

Maybe Time Lords are born a certain way just like humans (i.e., some are born male, some female, some white, some black), and when regenerating, they try to keep a similar image, just because they're comfortable in their own skin. Maybe some concentration has to go into making the regeneration successfully, and having no heads could happen as a deformity if something goes wrong, just as a baby could have a deformity when it is born. This is supported by Mels' (albeit joke-y) comment "I'm focusing on a dress size!".

Let's assume if you could change your body at will, you wouldn't be flip-flopping between ethnicities and genders. I mean, would you want to have to re-learn life as it is experienced differently by a different demographic?

Also, he might be realistic and know that as a white male, he can travel to any point in time and know he's pretty safe from slavery, discrimination, etc.

Edited by River Song
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well Time Lords are apparently supposed to be able to control their regenerations (as Romana demonstrated in a rather controversial scene back in the Classic Who days), River might have some control herself. The Doctor, however, has claimed on a few occasions that he has no-to-little control over it, at least not consciously, although it's possible he unconsciously appears "normal human"-y (that is, no extra heads or anything) all the time because of his love of Earth.

Still, I don't think he'd be against being a woman, let alone a different race, if anything the Doctor would just keep being awesome and demand respect no matter what shitty time period it is.

That's just the way I see it, though. XP

Edited by Celestia

To be honest, a lot of the objections to a non-white/non-male Doctor appear to be projecting the 1950s-era insecurities of the person posting onto an immortal alien from another planet.  I doubt the Doctor would bat an eyelid if he changed sex or race.

Though I think we need to be realistic in what to expect. I have no objections as long as it's written and performed well. My issue at the moment is that the series has been dipping in quality lately and I don't want them pulling something like this as a stunt just to distract from the major problems the series currently faces. Going "look, the Doctor's black/a woman now!" is not the way to fix the series, doing so because the creative staff are ready to explore it well is what's important.

Heck, I was more than ready to trade Amy and Rory for Rita from The God Complex because she wasn't just a token Muslim, but because she seemed like a genuinely interesting person who could reason, joke and bounce well off the Doctor.

Edited by EuroMIX
  • Thumbs Up 3

But guys, there is only one guy for the job...

atw9p6z.gif

Richard Ayoade!

I'm kidding of course. But I can just sort of picture it...

Funny you should mention this, cause just recently, he's expressed interest in taking up on the role.

I don't know who he is, but he definitely has the look of the doctor down. 

I was really sad we didn't get Rita as a companion. She was awesome.

So... we might know who the 12th Doctor is as early as tomorrow.

EDIT: Also, even though this is a joke photo, is it bad that I kinda sorta hoped for it to be true?

(spoiler alert if you hadn't watched the finale to Series 7, The Name of the Doctor)

960158_590088471024728_580414125_n.png

So... we might know who the 12th Doctor is as early as tomorrow.

EDIT: Also, even though this is a joke photo, is it bad that I kinda sorta hoped for it to be true?

(spoiler alert if you hadn't watched the finale to Series 7, The Name of the Doctor)

960158_590088471024728_580414125_n.png

I don't know who he is but he's cute so go for it BBC

The official Doctor Who Twitter just tweeted:

"We can confirm that there will be no Doctor Who announcments today."

Edited by The Eleventh Doctor
  • Thumbs Up 2

If they're going to feel obliged to comment every time some random person on the Internet makes up a rumour that there's going to be an announcement, they'll be apologising for months!  I just saw an article linked from an entertainment website - "Steven Moffat Disappoints Doctor Who Fans After Rumours Of Special Announcement."  So now it's his fault when people with no connection to the BBC make up stuff that was never going to end up being true!  What next, "Steven Moffat Disappoints Doctor Who Fans By Not Making It Christmas Every Day And Personally Giving Them The Winning Lottery Numbers"?

• Thumbs Up 3

Steven Moffat disappoints fans for not leaving already

Okay, I'm mean, but I really wanna see a new writer already.

• Thumbs Up 2

Moffat doesn't write every episode, you know... but so long as we don't get a new RTD, I'd be cautiously okay with a new showrunner.

Moffat doesn't write every episode, you know... but so long as we don't get a new RTD, I'd be cautiously okay with a new showrunner.

Why does everyone use this whenever someone complains about Moffat? He's still in charge of the show and the stuff written by other writers still has to mesh with the season's storyline and overall arcs he's planned.

• Thumbs Up 2

I still think that Series 5 was the best of the revived series, and that's because, in my opinion, it combined the best of what RTD put together for five years with Moffat's writing style; things were fresh and new enough without the craziness we've had in recent series.

• Thumbs Up 2

A thought just occured to me. Totally unrelated to the last few posts, anyway.

Other than her mom and grandpa, does anyone else know about Donna's forced memory loss? What if she ran into Martha on the street, and Martha said something about the Doctor and it jogged her memory?

...just plotting dumb fanfics, don't mind me too much.

• Thumbs Up 1

I imagine the Doctor informed the others about what happened with Donna. Although ... I find it hard to believe Donna will never notice the Doctor, or something related to him, ever again. He might have erased himself from records recently, but there's no way he'll be able to stay under the radar forever.

I imagine the Doctor informed the others about what happened with Donna. Although ... I find it hard to believe Donna will never notice the Doctor, or something related to him, ever again. He might have erased himself from records recently, but there's no way he'll be able to stay under the radar forever.

Yeah, it makes sense that he would, I guess. Though perhaps he might've forgotten. Martha did run off before he "killed" Doctordonna, and after that he was a bit busy with his final adventures and regeneration. It's probably supposed to be assumed to have happened between episodes anyway. I'm just trying to think of some way around it that could keep Donna from dying.

The End of Time two parter somewhat covered this where Donna has something built in to send her to sleep and forget in cases where she might remember something. It's also possible that, given that most of the RTD characters are largely forgotten, it will never be a problem.