Awoo.

[Incredibly well made fan-game] Sonic Battle Lost Ending Neo

ilcane87

As promised, here is the latest version of the game:

http://www.mediafire.com/?bh7ud3w37ch79cw

It includes 1 new character, Chaos 0, who is pretty much complete, as he only lacks AI.

He has no portrait in the selection screen, but you can choose him by selecting the first blank slot in the bottom row.

Unfortunately, work on other characters was just barely started, Cream just shows a few frames of her standing animation, and the others aren't even on the list in the editor.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in editing or using any asset of this game, Rio Ututuya unprotected the source files, which can now be opened using Fighter Maker 2nd (that I included in the download).

It can also be used to play AI vs. AI matches, Team Battles, Boss characters.

As for the moves list Mando, I don't really feel like getting back into this game for the time being, but it won't be hard for anyone to find out any character's moves by trying all the possible command inputs I listed in the opening post.

Good luck with rounding up people for making Fang anyway, and even if you're unsuccesful in doing that, you could always attempt to make it happen yourself. happy.png

I know it looks like a really hard task, but these fighting engines are made to be usable by people with no coding knowledge whatsoever, I was very young and unexperienced when I started making my own characters like that; all it takes is some patience, reading online Tutorials and documentation, and starting from simple things, like editing stuff in existing characters.

Also, I'm sure there's plenty of custom Fang sprites to be found online, so that shouldn't be an issue. wink.png

Ya, the challenge is time, but hey, if its easier than modeling, who knows(shrugs), This is great news though, but now the trick is finding at least spriters.... well actualy thats not entirely true, I could use some of the game models, get an animator, and make sprites through rendering, but they wouldnt have the same feel....

(truth be told, I actualy have a decent grasp of basic coding, thanks to intro to coding for engineers, and a number of years before that reading xmls, I just dont enjoy doing it)

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

Mmm.

I'm noticing a lack of Metal Sonic and an emphasis on characters like Mephiles and Silver.

Mmmmmmmmm.

Hey I didnt make the original thing, it is lacking in the characer department, it needs Nack! however thats why I am working on it, I have managed to figure out some of the base stuff already, and I am working on something related to mecha's and metals, and I do have something special planned for metalsonic, however the base one will need custom sprites, something I cant do. But, I do hope to show I can do the character setup part, then recruit some spriters

ok, still in the development stage, and I still got a ways to go, but here is a peek at something I am working on
you_havenoideahowmuchiwishihad_screenvid

yes it needs scaling, and thats no mere egg-robo, but I can say no more

and yes that is the S&K egg robo sprites, all my current new sprites all owe thanks to TSR. I will be compiling a credits list sooner or later

actualy, decided to make it a normal egg-robo afterall, however anticipate a mystrious super egg-pawn instead. However, though the egg-robo will have a realitively small amount of moves compared to most characters, he will have 2 types of laser attacks, and a bomb attack or two as well, and the ability to use an egg-mobile for a heavier attack as well, though it will have slower attack times

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the bump, but if anyone is interested in playing this game online. This video show how to play FM2k games like Fighting is Magic online. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrM5RaCqIOo