Awoo.

[MUSIC] Carbo makes music!

Carbo

• 1 month later...

Wow, I was already hooked on your Metallic Madness Remix, I liked the original track, but you managed to give it that extra "oomph" that to me, makes it seem complete. Then I found out the beauty of your other non-Sonic works. It's usually difficult for me to get attached to songs I'm not familiar with, so I was pleasantly surprised by the other non-Sonic songs, especially your album tracks(Note to self: add Cave Story even MORE to games I SHOULD be playing, but am too lazy to do...Luna(tic) hell is awesome).

I don't mean to be a bother or rude, but, is it possible for you upload the mp3s of any of the songs please(If they already are uploaded, can you point me to the right direction ?)? Either by you uploading them to here, or at the most, sending them privately? If you don't want to do any of that, I'll respect your opinion on the matter(Especially the album tracks, I'll definitely understand if you want to release them at the same time as the entire album).

I apologize if I'm too annoying with the praise, I wish you luck with your album, it sounds great and I can't wait to hear more! :)

• 6 months later...

Haven't updated here in a while. Well I still work on music ever so often, so here's a quick update on stuff I've been on.

The most recent thing here; a cover of the Mirror's Edge theme: Still Alive.

Download Link

Some tidbits I never got to posting around;

Island of Glass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zb1xrs-7eQ, this one got some recognition it seems.

EDIT: on second thought this I had here goes. Too many inconsistencies for my taste.

Currently working on a soundtrack for a movie I'm making, along with something for possibly a game.

Edited by Columind
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 5 months later...

Long time no update. I do still make music and have been doing so for quite a while but the lack of a proper medium that I could set up working for any individual tracks, coupled with the fact that most of the stuff I do is for collected forms of stuff that I don't want to give away, has hampered that. Thankfully I've now got a Soundcloud, and I hope to update there alot more often. This will also serve as my music portfolio.

I've got three new tracks.

First off, a remix of Showtime from Homestuck. This is an older production of mine made mostly for fun, therefore the production isn't of the greatest quality, but I sort of enjoy how it came out and while I know this doesn't hold much of a candle towards the MSPA crew, this is all in good fun.

Secondly, an original track titled Meredith. This is a semi-demo for a soundtrack to a relatively big project I'm working on, which as of now is probably my biggest priority.

Finally, another original track titled Aurora Meadow. This is my personal favorite out of the three, and one of my slightly more valued tracks production-wise. This is for another big project I've got going which may or may not begin anytime soon due to the format it's taking.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks much for the compliments!

Just finished a new track: The Outer Rim.

Working with the melody took a bit of time. It was kind of weird working on this since I didn't compose this song for any specific project or anything so I guess you can call it my first honest-to-god original composition in a long, long time. Although I have a feeling I will want to utilize it for something.

I also got a new YouTube account for all of my work, so feel free to subscribe or whatever.

• 1 month later...

Update.

I've been making some music for a guy's comic project called RipChord. It's a neat, new and upcoming webcomic about a ragtag couple of misfits out to secure the future of video games. I composed some Character themes.

The 3 tracks are available here. If you don't feel like downloading them you can listen to them in the About section. I think they're some of my favorite general compositions I've done, particularly the second one.

Anyway it's back to working on an album for me. Dunno when it'll be out but I'm aiming for July.

Edited by Carbo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I agree! As I asked on Youtube there, have you ever thought of putting this stuff in Rock Band?

(Also, Animator? O: )

• Thumbs Up 1

I love that synth sound that comes in at 2:00! I've tried incorporating a synth like that into some of my own material andjust cant get it to gel yet but you made it work real well here :D

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

Yo hey sup.

My third Cave Story remix, and my personal favorite so far. Moonsong.

And here's an HQ Download Link.

The song's cover art is made by my friend Toast.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I believe at some point, someone requested downloads for one of my older remixes. A little overdue, but here's a download for Luna(tic) Hell, Redux.

• Thumbs Up 2

AHHHHH MOONSONG. It gets remixed like hell (I'd say it's Cave Story's Ice Cap in that regard haha) however I really love what you have done with it and it IS a kickass tune. I love Cave Story so much, too bad I really suck at it and couldn't beat the final boss. Well, its not the true final boss, but whatever. Still I suck at the bosses in that game haha.

ANYWAY WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY is nice job...and AHHHH MOONSONG.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

New Track: Sonic Freerunner - Blossom Springs Act 1

AHHHHH MOONSONG. It gets remixed like hell (I'd say it's Cave Story's Ice Cap in that regard haha) however I really love what you have done with it and it IS a kickass tune. I love Cave Story so much, too bad I really suck at it and couldn't beat the final boss. Well, its not the true final boss, but whatever. Still I suck at the bosses in that game haha.

ANYWAY WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY is nice job...and AHHHH MOONSONG.

Hahahah, thanks man. Can't get enough of Cave Story personally, its an inspiration for me both in game design and in musical composition.

• Thumbs Up 3

Wicked dude, the track gives me a very PSO Episode III type vibe with a Sonicy flavour. It's a very amazing track dude, can't wait to hear any more tracks you make.