Awoo.

Sonic Rivals 1 & 2, Shadow, Sonic 2006, Unleashed, NotW, Riders 1 & 2, Heroes, Adventure, Rush, and SASASRWBK prototype and concept stuffs

HunterTSF

Nice, thanks for the heads up, I like to grab concept art for the Sonic games when I see them. If I ever stumble across anything new I'll try to remember to post it up here.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but VisionScape also has a reel showing the opening cutscenes for each team in Sonic Heroes, and Team Chaotix's seems to be unfinished.

Sonic Heroes Reel

The differences I noticed was the different background music (some cheesy detective style music in place of Team Chaotix), some more cartoony sound effects, and that Eggman doesn't disguise his voice over the communicator.

Awesome work on the videos, you guys! That original soundtrack on Team Chaotix's intro was cornyrific, and hopefully more people will be able to access that Sonic Rivals prototype footage now.

I also return with yet more concept art! Elena Macomber was a weapon and vehicle artist for Shadow the Hedgehog. She also worked on the user interface, too.

elenamacomber.jpg

Witness the CV-4 and Satellite Laser in all of their wireframe glory. Oh, and apparently there was a blue Shadow Android at one point in time!

I'm certainly having a blast unearthing all of this stuff!

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 2

I always wanted to see more of thoses Egg Walker like, "Hoppers" right ?

Thanks a lot Hunter... When will you stop finding things like that XD ?

Oh wow. Elena Macomber even has concept art for NiGHTS Journey of Dreams. I can see Bellbridge's tower by the window.

That's just awesome. How do you find all that stuff?

Found this video... don't know if it's been posted yet.

Alternate music and alternate voice for Elise. Has anyone seen this one yet?

Looking through Massive Black's site, it's kind of funny how many concept sketches they made for Cole (from InFamouse), and then they just made him another lightly grizzled cue ball.

I can't help but this it's funny that Bioware needed to contract external concept artists for Dragon Age, and their game still came out looking like Lord of the Rings.

Storyboard_3_highres.jpg

I look at this picture and I can't help but (sarcastically) think "Hey, maybe some more shading would make it look better!" They're other SU stuff is rather nice, though.

B_z3_1.jpg

^Haha.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but VisionScape also has a reel showing the opening cutscenes for each team in Sonic Heroes, and Team Chaotix's seems to be unfinished.

Sonic Heroes Reel

The differences I noticed was the different background music (some cheesy detective style music in place of Team Chaotix), some more cartoony sound effects, and that Eggman doesn't disguise his voice over the communicator.

I actually like that cheesy detective music better B) . Don't get me wrong Team Chaotix by Julien-K was a rad song, but I like this music, it kinda feels like the sort of music Nack the weasel would have if he were in the modern games - very detective, sleasy private eye like.

Team Chaotix was by Gunnar Nelson, This Machine was by Julien-K.

Oh yeah :lol: Oops. Still a good song though! I like the prototype music too! Any chance that the Sonic heroes reel is gonna be up for download?

Great work! These art pieces are lovely to look at, they actually show some of the effort put into some aesthetic elements of the games. Thanks for putting the time in.

Guise, guise! My fantastical concept-art-and-model-render-wizardry-powers are so strong that I'm able to find content for games that aren't even released yet.

Antony Ward is a modeler currently working on Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, and he was kind enough to post some renders of some of the vehicles featured in-game! He also hinted towards some character artwork in the future... apparently the ability to tease fans runs strong in Sumo Digital blood!

antonyward.jpg

OMG OMG OMG AWESOME. Such sexiness.

antonyward2.jpg

WIP versions! Also neat.

Oh, and I'm still hunting for more concept art you guys! Once I reach enough pics, I'll release an expansion pack to my previous download.

Edited by HunterTSF

This is going back a little, but if anyone totally digged that Forest Falls remix from the Sonic Rivals site, I lovingly ripped and extended it (well, made it repeat). At some point I plan to do this to the whole Rivals soundtrack... kudos to whoever originally ripped the most popular gamerip, but they could have like, not just had the tracks cut off at the end.

Anyway yeah, here it is:

http://www.mediafire.com/?noodwzoz5mw

EDIT: Listening back to it I made it a liiittle quiet in comparison to the popular gamerip, my bad. I might fix that later.

EDIT 2: Also, forgot to say, this is absoloutely gorgeous stuff you've been digging up HunterTSF. Nicely done.

Edited by JezMM

This is amazing :D I especially love the look of the alpha Sonic Rivals... it looks smoother than the final build, IMO.

Great find Hunter! This is incredible.... I'm gonna drool over some concept art now :P

Wow, they're using Z-brush. That's some pretty advanced software.

Not really, It's been a standard modeling tool for game developers for nearly half a decade.