Awoo.

Is Sonic a franchise that can be truely loved by both genders?

S0NIC-Keyblade 007

As one of those said Yaoi-loving Shadow fangirls, I answer on behalf of the rest of them that yes, it is indeed the chest fur/hair.

Big the cat has a whole friggin jungle growing on his chest, and yet he isn't nearly as coveted among your kind as Shadow is. Just how unfair is that? :(

Big the cat has a whole friggin jungle growing on his chest, and yet he isn't nearly as coveted among your kind as Shadow is. Just how unfair is that? :(

But big is fat Awesome.gif

Also, he doesn't have the same eyes, he has thoose rather creepy eyes that stare deep into your soul...

Dude if you turned everyone into a human plopped them into a high school setting you could probably get a reverse harem anime out of this.

Yeah, that's what I tried to say :D

I also forgot what they are called, not that I actually readed one of thoose...

Edited by imarafan

...Great, this topic has given me a lasting visual theater in my head of a Sonic anime where they all are in school with over the top situations and love situations and friendships, vice principle Eggman getting worked up over rule-breaking cool kid Sonic...

But yeah, I know quite a few female Sonic fans, in fact thinking about it honestly I think personally I know more female Sonic fans than male ones... Well point is it's gender neutral in my eyes.

Dude if you turned everyone into a human plopped them into a high school setting you could probably get a reverse harem anime out of this.

All of hem crushing on Rouge/Amy. :o

I never actually noticed anything like that. I know there the guy/girl ratio of the characters is big but IDK. I think the fan service is pretty good at where it stands right with most of the Sonic fangirls clinging on to Shadow and all.

Yes, the franchise can be loved by anyone, regardless of their gender. Gender makes no difference to me when liking certain games or characters.

Eh... I think the entire Sonic the Hedgehog franchise is tilted more towards the male half of the population. The Archie Sonic comics come to mind since Ian himself has said that their target group is the pubescent male crowd. Plus I don't think it's any secret that Sonic is geared more towards males anyway. How many female Sonic shirts or shoes have you seen at the stores? (Either back in the 90's or today) The answer is probably very few, if any.

That being said, I think there is enough to appeal to the females, but only a certain segment. For example, when I was around 9-10 years old (this is was back in 1992-93, you do the math D: ) I was the only female Sonic the Hedgehog fan in my class. The other girls were into doing girly things but I was more of a tomboy; playing video games and football.

So I think it can be loved by both genders... but only by a specific group of females.

Also, personally, I kind of wish SEGA would take a backseat on creating new characters. (specifically hedgehogs) I would rather they revisit some of the abandoned ones (Hello Nack) before creating the new Monster and/or Emohog of the game. Also I wish they give Tails his old role back. *tear drop*