Awoo.

Sonic 4 interview in latest Nintendo Power

Detective Shadzter

NP-April-2010-Sonic-4.jpg

According to subscribers of Nintendo Power the U.S. official Nintendo magazine the latest issue contains an interview about Sonic 4 but no details further than that have been given as of yet. A scan of the magazine cover supports the fact it does indeed contain something Sonic 4 related.

Does anyone have the issue and could share any new information from the review? If so we'd very much appreciate it and will credit you in my article -

http://www.sonicstadium.org/news/sonic-4-interview-in-latest-nintendo-power

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=116446

EDIT: Game Informer also have a Sonic 4 interview thanks to Doctor Eggman and JasontheJackass for the heads up -

Originally Posted by Dani:

Not a cool thing to say.

Sorry. Yea. that is a little harsh. I just couldn't come up with a good medaphor at the time.

Game Informer interviewed Izuka who gave some new info on the game. Highlights include..

What about Tails and Knuckles you ask? "Fans will be very pleased with the cast in episode 2."

Episode 1 is a prologue.

Moves include: Spin Dash, Rolling Attack, homing attack and a new move yet unknown.

About homing attack: "I wanted the user to enjoy an easy-to-play feeling by the attack sequence that this [homing attack] allows, and find the fun routes in the air."

Classic special stages make a return.

Hornet Badnik. (Forget his name. Not Buzzbomber) Shown in screen shots.

Other screenshot shows Sonic smash though a wall that becomes a bunch of checkered bricks.

Another screenshot shows Sonic grabbing a handrail which goes across a wire. (Very Advance)XP

No floaty LBP physics. Classic Sonic Gameplay, classic Sonic speed. Says Izuka.

Not 3-D, but all CG pre-render.

Gamers will get classic "try again" ending if not successful at getting all emeralds. If you get all emeralds, you get cliffhanger ending for episode 2.

"If Sonic 4's return to form (there they go again. ) is the Sonic experience you have been waiting 16 years for, then we strongly encourage you to try this."

RobbieNick at NeoGAF

Game Informer screenshots courtesy of JasonTheJackass, thanks ;)

Sonic-4-screenshots-GI.jpg

http://www.sonicstadium.org/news/update-gi-screenshotssonic-4-interview-in-latest-nintendo-power-game-informer

I just saw a scan of this cover at Kotaku and wanted to make a topic. STOP DOING THIS TO ME SHADZTER! BAAAWWWW!!!!

I wanna see the article. Any news is awesome news right about now.

I just saw a scan of this cover at Kotaku and wanted to make a topic. STOP DOING THIS TO ME SHADZTER! BAAAWWWW!!!!

I wanna see the article. Any news is awesome news right about now.

You've gotta be quicker than Sonic, Shadow and Metal Sonic combined to ninja me :lol:

I'm wondering who this interview will be with, SEGA, Sonic Team or Dimps? Hope we get some juicy new info.

Weren't they asking people to write in questions about Sonic 4 that'd be answered in this interview?

Weren't they asking people to write in questions about Sonic 4 that'd be answered in this interview?

If so that'll make this interview more awesome unless of course people sent in some really silly questions like "Will Chris Thorndyke be in the game?" :lol:

Here

If so that'll make this interview more awesome unless of course people sent in some really silly questions like "Will Chris Thorndyke be in the game?" :lol:

There were a lot of good questions that were repeated several times, lets just hope they cover those good ones.

The aforementioned interview however sounds like it is for the British Nintendo magazine, whereas this is from the American.

Here

As ENVY16 said thats the UK Offical Nintendo Magazine, this interview is from the U.S. counterpart Nintendo Power.

As ENVY16 said thats the UK Offical Nintendo Magazine, this interview is from the U.S. counterpart Nintendo Power.

Ah, i see. Sorry. Well that means even more Sonic 4 info to look forward to this upcoming month.

As soon as my issue comes in the mail, I'll scan this up faster than you could say, "Gotta speed, keed!"

Looks like a great issue so far. Hopefully it'll come here quickly.

Darn it Shadzter, I heard about the interview but when I saw this thread I thought you had a scan or something.

Anyway I'm a subscriber but for some reason I always get my issue weeks after other people. :(

Darn it Shadzter, I heard about the interview but when I saw this thread I thought you had a scan or something.

Anyway I'm a subscriber but for some reason I always get my issue weeks after other people. :(

Sorry ^_^

I made the topic in hopes that someone here might have a copy, I've been searching around the net but no scans or info yet. Now I know how gamers in the U.S. feel when our ONM gets a world exclusive interview/screenshots/game reveal :lol:

Well darnit, how long were we waiting on that ONM asks thing, and NP gets the interview first.

It makes me wish I had renewed my subscription to Nintendo Power. Wait- no it doesn't! I would always get the magazine a month late, and by then everything I wanted to know was already on the internet.

Although that's weird; how would people have the magazine already if it's supposed to be the April 2010 edition? It's March right now.

It makes me wish I had renewed my subscription to Nintendo Power. Wait- no it doesn't! I would always get the magazine a month late, and by then everything I wanted to know was already on the internet.

Although that's weird; how would people have the magazine already if it's supposed to be the April 2010 edition? It's March right now.

Magazines are released this way quite often. You'd get the August Issue in July or the 2007 issue in late 2006.

So... is it actually available now or not? ... if so, quick! Somebody grab a pen and run down to a newstand! Your arm will be your notepad!

Found this tidbit at neogaf

Originally Posted by Dani:

Not a cool thing to say.

Sorry. Yea. that is a little harsh. I just couldn't come up with a good medaphor at the time.

Game Informer interviewed Izuka who gave some new info on the game. Highlights include..

What about Tails and Knuckles you ask? "Fans will be very pleased with the cast in episode 2."

Episode 1 is a prologue.

Moves include: Spin Dash, Rolling Attack, homing attack and a new move yet unknown.

About homing attack: "I wanted the user to enjoy an easy-to-play feeling by the attack sequence that this [homing attack] allows, and find the fun routes in the air."

Classic special stages make a return.

Hornet Badnik. (Forget his name. Not Buzzbomber) Shown in screen shots.

Other screenshot shows Sonic smash though a wall that becomes a bunch of checkered bricks.

Another screenshot shows Sonic grabbing a handrail which goes across a wire. (Very Advance)XP

No floaty LBP physics. Classic Sonic Gameplay, classic Sonic speed. Says Izuka.

Gamers will get classic "try again" ending if not successful at getting all emeralds. If you get all emeralds, you get cliffhanger ending for episode 2.

"If Sonic 4's return to form (there they go again. ) is the Sonic experience you have been waiting 16 years for, then we strongly encourage you to try this."

• Thumbs Up 1

Very good news, sound like Tails and maybe Knux will become playable in ep 2 +. Explains why they weren't on the blog list.

I really love the insentive of collecting all seven emeralds being a cliffhanger tying into Episode 2. My guess is a Death Egg II heading to Angel Island :)

Episode 1 is a prologue.

So Episode 2 is where the main story then? By that we can assume that there will at most be 3 episodes, 1 is the prologue, 2 is the main story, and 3 is the finale unless they've planned a bigger story, then it'd be possible 4.

BUT WAIT! Does this explain all the rehashed badniks and level themes? It possibly being the set up for the main events of Ep. 2.

Too vauge. New move as in, all new never-before-seen, or another modern move? If it's the latter, walljump or bounce attack plz?

Sounds promising, hope it's used in clever ways.

The pulley seen in the debut trailer?

No floaty LBP physics. Classic Sonic Gameplay, classic Sonic speed. Says Izuka.Classic

They BETTER be referring to Genesis classic. At least that sort of adds some relief to those worrying about moon jump physics.

Can someone explain what this means?

Interesting.

I was afraid they were going to resort to this. Homing attacking enemies to get across chasms\bottomless pits or to get to a new route is anything but fun. Sorry to be a "Negative Nancy" but homing attack chains are dead boring and a sign of lazy level. I would take trick ramps over homing attack enemies to reach new routes, it least they require some skill.

Not particularly thrilled for the Homing attack, but I am curious to see Sonic's "new move".

I'm also glad Tails and Knuckles were basically confirmed for Episode 2.

I was afraid they were going to resort to this. Homing attacking enemies to get across chasms\bottomless pits or to get to a new route is anything but fun. Sorry to be a "Negative Nancy" but homing attack chains are dead boring and a sign of lazy level. I would take trick ramps over homing attack enemies to reach new routes, it least they require some skill.

Nothing suggests that it'll be that. It says find new routes, not get passed regular routes. And in the air no less, so it will most likely be a form of aerial Goomba stomping to reach up high platforms.

Can someone explain what this means?

There aren't 3D models in game but the sprites used are made from them.

Think Donkey Kong Country but with HD graphics.