Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

This doesn't warrent a topic just yet, but....

http://nintendoevery.../?doing_wp_cron

New 2D Mario game being made for 3DS

Satoru Iwata has shared the following announcement in a recent investor meeting:

Although there is no logo here, we are planning to release a totally new side-scrolling action Super Mario in 2D as a key title for the Nintendo 3DS in the next fiscal year.

This means it will launch on the 3DS between the end of March 2012 and the end of March 2013.

Also, Nintendo Network isn't just a rebranding of Nintendo Wi-Fi, but an all new system.

http://andriasang.com/comzsb/nintendo_network/

Satoru Iwata revealed more details about Nintendo Network at a recent investor’s briefing in Japan, sharing that this new system (and yes, it is a new system, rather than a re-branding) will be implemented in the 3DS and the Wii U. The new services under this new system include downloadable content (which we were already aware was coming to the 3DS). There is also the possibility of full retail game download though. But Iwata did note that Nintendo has not decided when it will roll out this feature.

>Full retail game download

clap clap clap

Edited by Nintendoga

Satoru Iwata revealed more details about Nintendo Network at a recent investor’s briefing in Japan, sharing that this new system (and yes, it is a new system, rather than a re-branding) will be implemented in the 3DS and the Wii U. The new services under this new system include downloadable content (which we were already aware was coming to the 3DS). There is also the possibility of full retail game download though. But Iwata did note that Nintendo has not decided when it will roll out this feature.

The full retail thing caught my eye immediately. That was the first thing i thought when they changed retail games in the eShop from "Availible Now in Retail" to "Not Available on Nintendo eShop". I hope they also let you download games you already have off of cartridges. This could lead to the full realization of the Join Game thing if you save all your multiplayer games to an SD card. Someone's alone and playing game x? Go to it on the menu and get started, instead of missing your opportunity hunting for the cartridge.

This could also potentially break the ancient curse placed on poor individuals such as myself that cause Pokemon games to be sucked into black holes upon being beaten.

http://nintendo3dsblog.com/more-details-about-nintendo-network

Edited by Nitwit_Speed

Am I the only one that hates the Paid DLC thing for both the Wii U and 3DS? Now we're gonna see Third-Parties releasing DLC of stuff that should've been in the game in the first place. Hell, it's already happening with TheatreRythym.

Am I the only one that hates the Paid DLC thing for both the Wii U and 3DS? Now we're gonna see Third-Parties releasing DLC of stuff that should've been in the game in the first place. Hell, it's already happening with TheatreRythym.

It's been happening for the past 6 years, I'm already used to it. Besides, at least Nintendo will give us free DLC. If they enforced that on the 3DS/Wii-U, 3rd party devs might not do include DLC for us, while they do it for the 360/PS3

You should be happy that it's OPTIONAL to charge. Nintendo won't charge, and we know if Valve gets in on the act they won't either.

Okay, I've gotta ask, I have only had my 3DS since boxing day but I have yet to see any Nintendo 3DS prepaid cards around near me at all. Is there some place in Canada, for Canadian users, where I can buy these cards? I wish Nintendo would offer them online/allow you to buy points over their website, but their network quite frankly stinks. How a system can be this behind the times on an online shop is way beyond me.

anyway, I keep getting this error 005-6536, which is basically "the credit-card details were not entered correctly. Please confirm the details and try again" the problem is that the transaction DID show up on the card's history. It stays there for a week before being nuked off the transaction history. The stupid thing is that I 100% entered in the details correctly but for some reason the eshop doesn't like to think so. I have seen this problem a lot around the net, even with real credit cards, and its really annoying. Since I live in Canada and I cannot for the life of me find these stupid points cards I'm getting extremely frustrated since this is the only alternative I have. I've sent Nintendo a support email and they basically parroted what was on their site, which was "did j00 make sure ur gift card waz set up rite online" and the answer is yes because I've ordered stuff off Amazon already with it. So....yeah, what the hell. There seems to be no clear cut answer to this other than "wait and it'll go away lol" which is stupid.

All I want is to play some Mighty Switch Force and Shantae but I'll be damned if this stupid eshop isn't making life difficult. So if anyone else has had this problem and miraculously found a solution I will love you forever and ever if you can tell me what is going wrong here haha.

Do you have Best Buy? Best Buy in the US sells them, so I assume the same would go for Canada.

Edited by Crow T. Robot

Not anywhere closeby, they're a little out of the way for me and I no longer have my car. Which means I am kinda stuck in this town unless I end up going down to my Dads for a bit :(

It's been happening for the past 6 years, I'm already used to it. Besides, at least Nintendo will give us free DLC. If they enforced that on the 3DS/Wii-U, 3rd party devs might not do include DLC for us, while they do it for the 360/PS3

3rd party can charge if they want so I would'nt see the problem with DLC not coming to 3DS/WiiU

3rd party can charge if they want so I would'nt see the problem with DLC not coming to 3DS/WiiU

No, I was saying how I'm glad Nintendo didn't enforce any "Free DLC only" rule, or third part devs wouldn't make any DLC for us, but would do it for other systems where they can charge.

No, I was saying how I'm glad Nintendo didn't enforce any "Free DLC only" rule, or third part devs wouldn't make any DLC for us, but would do it for other systems where they can charge.

Oh sorry, yeah I see your point now

So... is 3DS going to update when Nintendo Network launches? I mean, 3DS still has friend codes so how is this going to work for this system?

So... is 3DS going to update when Nintendo Network launches? I mean, 3DS still has friend codes so how is this going to work for this system?

I suspect they'll have some sort of system interface / online connectibility overhaul...

I hope we don't lose the friends we currently have when the Nintendo Network launches...

Edited by Victor Sullivan

I hope we don't lose the friends we currently have when the Nintendo Network launches...

Edited by JezMM

Couldn't find the topic for Tekken 3D Prime, so here

http://mynintendonew...-and-tekken-3d/

Tekken 3D Prime got 76%

Metal Gear Solid 3D got 93%

Guess I'll add this in,

http://3ds.nintendol..._sold_worldwide

The other day, Nintendo has announced that the 3DS has already sold over 15.03 million units. That's pretty impressive considering the 3DS's early problems...

7 more million and it will have sold more then the Nintendo Gamecube.

And finally

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/01/27/super-mario-3d-land-is-the-first-nintendo-3ds-game-to-sell-over-five-million/

Super Mario 3D Land is the very first Nintendo 3DS title to sell over five million units according to Nintendo. The company announced that Super Mario 3D Land has sold 5.03 million copies globally since the title launched in November of last year. Mario Kart 7 has also sold a fair number of units with 4.54 million units sold to date around the world. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D has sold 2.49 million copies worldwide.

Nice.

Edited by Naked Dog

Am I the only one who doesn't find that as anything special given the short time the 3DS has been out?

Well considering two games that have been out for less then two months already selling over 5 million on a struggling console, I did.

It's not actually struggling anymore, it's surpassed the DS in first year sales. Hopefully it will keep that momentum, though.

I've been off of the SSMB for some time. So I'm really late to the party. I also probably don't have anything of value to contribute, so I expect my post to get overlooked. But im in love with my 3DS, and I generally find handhelds to be pretty "meh" all around... then again, I never owned a PSP.

I only have Zelda, Starfox, Mario 3DLand, Mario Kart, and Sonic Generations so far... plus a lot of download games. My only problem is that the memory filled up really fast, since DSiWare can't run off an SD card... Speaking of SD Cards, I replaced the one it came with with an 8-gig. I use my 3DS as an MP3 player when im out every day, so I pretty much had to. I also use it as an Alarm Clock at night. And I love drawing, as do many of my friends, so I abuse swapnote all day every day, sometimes I even use Art Academy to send some colored Swapnotes. ...My 3DS is like... never off. Ever.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just a roundup of Nintendo's Financial Meeting

3DS:

• NSMB 3DS announced: Planning to release a totally new side-scrolling action Super Mario in 2D as a key title for the Nintendo 3DS in the next fiscal year.

200 3DS titles in development.

• Nintendo first-party DLC: Nintendo considering DLC for their own software, mentions "Super Mario" as an example:

"If a Super Mario user gets tired, we can then sell digital extras which will drive extra revenue, encourage higher communication amongst users, and possible increased satisfaction and hardware install bases."

• More Swapnote-like apps? Because of the success of Swapnote, Nintendo is considering other strategies to benefit from this social behaviour.

• "Path to profits is improve 3DS and focus on software. Super Mario titles will drive a lot of profitability."

• 60% of 3DS users have connected to the Internet; wants to expand digital offering, but at "infant stage" now.

• Iwata: "Nintendo's priority is to satisfy existing 3DS users, as well as to prepare titles that will expand the user base combined with network."

General:

• Third parties: Several new, previously unconsidered alliances/partnerships with third parties.

• Communities: You haven't seen the last of them!

• Retail title downloads: 3DS and Wii U both support digital download of retail titles, but... they still aren't quite sure how to implement it just yet.

• Item billing: "We should not decline third parties if they want to offer item billing" (paying to unlock content).

• DLC: Still planning to offer DLC (possibly talking about their own software), but needs more time to complete its feasibility study on the market and its needs.

• More sharing: "Digital will include user to user communications and sharing" (More social networking integration? More Swapnote-like apps? More emphasis on Streetpass/Spotpass?).

• Better-paced software + DLC: Nintendo has learnt that it shouldn't have stagnant periods between software launches: can fill the gap, and DLC can extend the life of a title.

• Asia: Planning products for Asia, local partners (WiiQue U?) yet to be announced; still issues of copyright.

• This will be Nintendo's worst financial year, but Iwata thinks the company can reach break-even on 3DS hardware in Q3 of this year.

• Miyamoto still around, Iwata angry at Wired. "Miyamoto is saying his basic work is to create a big hit."

Nintendo Network will launch Marth 9th 2012 for 3DS, Available at launch for Wii-U (Or whatever the name change might bring it)

• Thumbs Up 2

The "more swapnote-like apps" thing is bittersweet to hear. Swapnote is awesome, that's for sure, but it has a lot of problems. I have a nasty feeling that things like delayed Spotpass notices (may be an issue with Spotpass itself), strange layout, and unnecessary limits (the inkwell, three page notes and one page replies) are going to be prevalent in future apps. However, Swapnote was pretty innovative in a number of ways and offered you something to do with Play Coins if you're not as willing to gamble them to gain potentially bad anonymous missions, not to mention patched up a major hole in Nintendo's online setup.

If basic utilities like a real messaging system and other utilities are implemented for Nintendo Network, but these Swapnote-kin apps come around with their quirky features, i'd be pretty happy.