Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

So we can actually get the 3DS in a good color now?

Well fuck you too Nintendo, BUT HEY, AT LEAST WE GOT FOLDERS NOW.

Goddammit I wanted purple, but nooooooo, it had to be shitty blue and ugly black at launch.

Edited by Pinkamena

Am I the only one who actually prefers the Aqua Blue color?

I love my Aqua Blue 3DS. I even bought a clear acrylic casing for it so I can protect it from scratches while still appreciating it's beautiful color.

I will admit though, that purple one does look nice, besides blue, Purple is one of my favorite colors

I'm sure some of you would expect me to go gaga for this new 3DS since obsession.

Well, my favourite colour is sky/aqua blue so nope.

I love my Aqua Blue 3DS. I even bought a clear acrylic casing for it so I can protect it from scratches while still appreciating it's beautiful color.

I will admit though, that purple one does look nice, besides blue, Purple is one of my favorite colors

Relevant:

In other news, Nintendo had their Investor Meeting today. It was announced that we're gonna start seeing 3DS (and when it releases Wii U) games released through retail and digital, starting with NSMB 2. Usually I'm one who likes a nice little shelf with a bunch of cases on it, but for handheld, I think I'd prefer having stuff stored on the system. Makes it easier for on the go gaming. First World Problem, I know.

• Thumbs Up 2

Let it be noted that you can get the digital releases through code cards in stores or directly through the eShop Browser. I personally wouldn't bother, unless there's significant savings.

Personally, I'm going to get NSMB2, Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario 3DS, Smash Bros. 3DS on the Digital Release

Basically any good 1st Party Nintendo title or amazing game in general is going to be digital for me, I'll put them in a folder called GDLK for future references and easy switching.

All 3rd party companies are getting physical. Then again, I barely got anything 3rd party for the DS.....

Looks like Kid Icarus was the last physical 3DS game for me!

No wait, I'm getting Mario Open Tennis.... and Kingdom Hearts 3D......fuck.

Edited by Nintendoga

Relevant:

In other news, Nintendo had their Investor Meeting today. It was announced that we're gonna start seeing 3DS (and when it releases Wii U) games released through retail and digital, starting with NSMB 2. Usually I'm one who likes a nice little shelf with a bunch of cases on it, but for handheld, I think I'd prefer having stuff stored on the system. Makes it easier for on the go gaming. First World Problem, I know.

I wouldn't really see the difference because Iwata also said that the retailers would set the price for digital release so basically its paying the same expect you don't get the packaging. I will stick to physical releases until that option is no longer avialiable.

Edited by Team Chaotix

Digital releases are nice for gaming on the go, but I'd prefer a way to install the games from the physical cards, myself. I've just spent too much time over the years reloading computer games after the hardware or software crashed to be eager to give up my physical possession of the actual program. And redownloading is dependent on having actually stable internet access, which people seem to forget is NOT always a given. So I'll keep hauling the little pack of game chips around for the foreseeable future.

Majority of Nintendo published 3DS games will be digital/retail

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=176348

Nintendo is aiming to significantly expand its digital business. In August, New Super Mario Bros. 2 for the Nintendo 3DS system will launch both as a packaged game at retail stores and as a digital download in the Nintendo eShop. The majority of Nintendo-published Nintendo 3DS games will have the same dual-distribution strategy. Likewise, the majority of Nintendo-published Wii U games will be available both as packaged products and as digital downloads starting on launch day.

These downloadable games will also be available for purchase at participating retail stores and on retailers' websites. Our customers can visit retail outlets or their online shopping sites, look for the products they want and pay for the product there. The retailers will then provide shoppers with a 16-digit code that can be exchanged in the Nintendo eShop for the game. This will give shoppers more options to find and purchase their favorite games. - Nintendo statement

Mmm, I'd be more annoyed about not getting the purple one if it was less pink and more like the GBA/GCN shade of purple.

I don't even like the color purple but dammit that shade of purple looks gorgeous.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wanted to get the purple one but I will contend with my sexy teal aqua blue 3DS.

Anyone else miss the autumn orange one?

I'll join the club of people perfectly happy with the Aqua Blue 3DS, and I was surprised at how much better it looked in person than the images I'd seen.

I love the purple too, but maybe I'll save that one if I feel the need to import a 3DS for any reason.

Slightly random/ late, but I really do hope the whole Nintendo Network thing actually gives us a proper account like a gamertag or PSN profile.

At present, we basically have to treat our 3DS's like gold dust; because we have no overarching account, all downloadable games are basically locked to the system. Meaning whilst we can do system transfers, if a 3DS is lost or stolen, you basically lose all your downloaded games along with it. Lose your iPhone? 360 break down? Buy a new one and you can have everything pretty much back as it was on the old one within a couple of hours at no extra cost other than replacement unit. Lose your 3DS? Better dig deep to repurchase every single download.

Let's hope Nintendo realise that loss, theft and irreparable damage do actually happen at times and remedy this soon. Although in fairness if they're expecting people to be willing to shell out and download full retail games, they'll pretty much have to. Only idiots would be willing to download hundreds in software when there's the risk of losing all your eggs in a single basket.

• Thumbs Up 4

Slightly random/ late, but I really do hope the whole Nintendo Network thing actually gives us a proper account like a gamertag or PSN profile.

At present, we basically have to treat our 3DS's like gold dust; because we have no overarching account, all downloadable games are basically locked to the system. Meaning whilst we can do system transfers, if a 3DS is lost or stolen, you basically lose all your downloaded games along with it. Lose your iPhone? 360 break down? Buy a new one and you can have everything pretty much back as it was on the old one within a couple of hours at no extra cost other than replacement unit. Lose your 3DS? Better dig deep to repurchase every single download.

Let's hope Nintendo realise that loss, theft and irreparable damage do actually happen at times and remedy this soon. Although in fairness if they're expecting people to be willing to shell out and download full retail games, they'll pretty much have to. Only idiots would be willing to download hundreds in software when there's the risk of losing all your eggs in a single basket.

I agree with you, as an ambassador, I a worried that if my 3DS breaks, or if my SD card/system is stolen, I won't be able to play them ever again.

3DS needs to do what the Vita does, Gamertags/Accounts. We know they'll do it with the Wii-U, but they haven't commented on anything for the 3DS. I hope they come to their senses and give the fans what they need.

Majority of Nintendo published 3DS games will be digital/retail

http://www.gonintend...story&id=176348

Another big step Ninty's taking towards onlne. I like how they're actually becoming serious with online, unlike last time *cough Wii cough*

Also that sexy Midnight Purple 3DS?

Midnight-Purple-3DS.jpgretailers-list-midnight-purple-3ds-20120427073015669-000.jpg

Yeah, the one we all wish we waited for? Sam's Club has just listed it on it's website for May 20th for NA, which would coincide with Mario Tennis Open. This might be true, so non-3DS owners, this is your chance, unless you're waiting for another color to come.

it's so beautiful *o* Although, I did prefer it with the purple Circle Pad. I wish it came out at launch.

I wanted to get the purple one but I will contend with my sexy teal aqua blue 3DS.

Anyone else miss the autumn orange one?

Not really, but now that the purple one is coming, I'm sure that one will, too. Ironically, the orange one is what led me to believe we'd not actually that and the purple one.

Edited by MarcelloF

Of the pre-release models, my preferred color choices were the purple and orange. But since I wasn't willing to wait - considering how long it took for the Wii to come out in anything other than white - I opted for the blue. I'm sure I will eventually end up with two, when I have 3DS-only games I need to trade between, but by then the purple will probably be superseded by an updated model. Perhaps they'll save the orange for then. I wish electronics companies would get off this super-shiny-and-holds-fingerprints-like-mad kick, though. I'd rather have a duller finish that actually stays looking nice, especially with a handheld unit or laptop that gets a lot of handling. My 3DS, laptop, printer, and cell phone all have that super gloss and (except the printer) look horrible because you can't avoid fingerprints nor can you miss seeing them thanks to the super shiny. Even the printer has smeary fingerprints all over the 'button' region though. You'd think I only touched the stuff after eating greasy french fries!

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll welcome any progress, however minimal. But I agree, they're not quite at the level they need to be yet.

I want the ability to actually do something with my friends. What the hell is the point of a friends list if you can barely do anything with them?

The 3DS has a built-in microphone. Yet individual chatting with your friends is impossible. The technology is there, but Nintendo thought it'd be great to limit their hardware capabilities through extremely limited software.

The 3DS has a friends list. Yet Instant Messaging is impossible. The technology is there, but Nintendo thought it'd be great to limit their hardware capabilities through extremely limited software.

The 3DS has a camera. Video calls aren't available. The technology is there, but Nintendo thought it'd be great to limit their hardware capabilities through extremely limited software.

I can connect to other people randomly on Kid Icarus: Uprising multiplayer mode. I can't add any of these people, get any of their profile information, and will probably never play with them again. I don't even know what to say to this.

I'm getting sick and tired of these baby steps when it's clear to me that Nintendo is intentionally putting limits on their online capabilities. Minimal advancements shouldn't be accepted (let alone applauded) when it's going to take much more than that to reach the standards set by the competition.

all good points. I am actually baffled that the 3ds doesnt have a skype app yet tbh. Funny that you mention the Kid Icarus thing because a game on Nintendo's previous generation handheld, the DS and Metroid Prime Hunters, at least had a "add as a rival" option.

The 3DS has a friends list. Yet Instant Messaging is impossible. The technology is there, but Nintendo thought it'd be great to limit their hardware capabilities through extremely limited software.

I can connect to other people randomly on Kid Icarus: Uprising multiplayer mode. I can't add any of these people, get any of their profile information, and will probably never play with them again. I don't even know what to say to this.

These two are the biggest issues I have a problem with.

1. Why did they make swapnote instead of making another Pictochat like app incorporated into the Friend's list. I should be able to go to my friend's list and click A on a friend to go into a IM screen. But instead I must go into another app, wait for it to download all these messages, send one to a friend I'm not even sure it online, then wait a few days before they respond? The DS, a last gen 8 year old device was able to accompany this, so why not the 3DS?

2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl- I find someone who's as good as me. We play for hours, and we're both equally skilled, plus we fool around alot. I want to add him to play with him later. Can I? Nope. Same thing with Mario Kart DS, Wii, 7, Uprising- every Nintendo game that has online. I get you want to protect children, but that's what parental controls are for! Make it so you're child can't add anybody unless the parent inputs a code. EVEN THE 360 HAS THIS FEATURE!

Nintendo's excuse for both these problems are "Well with the Wii-U you can do all this stuff!" But I don't want it for just the Wii-U, I want it on my handheld device. The Vita can do all these things, and it even has Skype! Nintendo needs to stop making tiny steps, and just send an update that has these features fixed. Iwata even said "The 3DS has this incorporated into it's system, but we're not sure when to release it" HOW ABOUT RIGHT NOW? Stop waiting for E3 or TGS to release all your shit, do it periodically throughout the year.

Like I've said tons of times before, Nintendo's one of the best companies that makes games, but one of the worst companies when it comes to hardware and software decisions.

/rant

Does anybody know how to delete some messages in notifications? It's annoying to scroll through all of them to find the new message. I wish they'd put new messages at the top, would make things so much easier.

• Thumbs Up 1

Does anybody know how to delete some messages in notifications? It's annoying to scroll through all of them to find the new message. I wish they'd put new messages at the top, would make things so much easier.

You mean they don't for you?

This is Spot/Streetpass Notifications, right? They're always at the top for me...