Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

You mean they don't for you?

This is Spot/Streetpass Notifications, right? They're always at the top for me...

So it's just me? Yeah, any spotpass or streetpass notification I get, will always be in the middle, or at the bottom. Never at the top.

So, I was checking my 3DS on the way to work this morning and Nintendo Zone randomly appeared on my 3DS. What the hell is it, what does it do and why did it just appear out of nowhere? D:

It said it appeared because I was within range of an access point, but I was at a tube station. D:

So, I was checking my 3DS on the way to work this morning and Nintendo Zone randomly appeared on my 3DS. What the hell is it, what does it do and why did it just appear out of nowhere? D:

It said it appeared because I was within range of an access point, but I was at a tube station. D:

Nintendo Zone is a hotspot located in various spots over the world, it gives you free wifi for your 3DS as well as tell you where other Nintendo Zones are near your area.

Nintendo's confirmed that Third Party games will also be doing digital downloads on the 3DS & Wii-U after NSMB2 comes out in August.

(As if that wasn't obvious already, and would be incredibly stupid not to allow them to do so)

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 1

So what's the difference between Nintendo Zone and regular Wi-Fi hotspots? I kinda imagine they'd use Nintendo Zone to distribute things like exclusive content (Pokemon springs to mind, if they had a dedicated Nintendo Zone at certain events).

So what's the difference between Nintendo Zone and regular Wi-Fi hotspots? I kinda imagine they'd use Nintendo Zone to distribute things like exclusive content (Pokemon springs to mind, if they had a dedicated Nintendo Zone at certain events).

2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl- I find someone who's as good as me. We play for hours, and we're both equally skilled, plus we fool around alot.

This cannot be true unless you actually had the persons friend code before hand. What option in SSBB allows you play with the potentially same person over and over again?

Edited by Nintendoga

Haven't played SSBB for a while, but weren't you able to select if you wanted too play with that person again if they said yes? I remember doing that a couple of times

i honestly don't remember that, given, most of the matches I played it people usually dropped relatively quick for w/e reason. If it is true, I'm sorry for putting you on the "spot."

I've played it recently and can confirm that it was possible to continuously play with an opponent, or even an entire group depending how long everyone wishes to stay.

You know, after my recent comments on how Nintendo need to lock games to a cloud-based profile/ gamertag rather than a console, it does make me wonder; how exactly are they going to manage it? I mean, what can Nintendo do to stop people basically 'signing in' to their friends console and basically letting them download their games for free? I doubt Nintendo would go for something as user-unfriendly as requiring a password sign-in to the system (and even then, you can share passwords easily).

What exactly do the PSP/ Vita do to stop people sharing their downloads so easily?

You know, after my recent comments on how Nintendo need to lock games to a cloud-based profile/ gamertag rather than a console, it does make me wonder; how exactly are they going to manage it? I mean, what can Nintendo do to stop people basically 'signing in' to their friends console and basically letting them download their games for free? I doubt Nintendo would go for something as user-unfriendly as requiring a password sign-in to the system (and even then, you can share passwords easily).

What exactly do the PSP/ Vita do to stop people sharing their downloads so easily?

You only get to download games onto up to 5(I think it's gone down to three recently) consoles that the account is registered to, and that's it. I would think that removing the account from the console would also lock access to the content, but I've not got a spare PS3 to try it on XD

And as far as I've seen, apart from resetting all the PSP settings, you can't easily swap to another PSN account

Edited by Bisylizzie

i honestly don't remember that, given, most of the matches I played it people usually dropped relatively quick for w/e reason. If it is true, I'm sorry for putting you on the "spot."

It's cool dude

I don't know about the PSN, but on XBL there really hasn't been any reports of people going onto their friends account and doing that. When it rarely does happen (if ever) then it's the person's fault for letting their friend do that. But yeah I dunno. While XBL does have kids up there, it's general userbase is pretty strict about privacy, and won't let others trade gamertags and such. But Nintendo has more kids in the fanbase, so....yeah.

And I just found out why whenever I get a new notification, it's always at the bottom, or hidden in the other tons of swapnote messages I have. It's because I regularly change the date/year on my 3DS to get more playcoins.

That 10 playcoins a day thing is stupid. Especially since people walk more then 1000 steps a day, and especially since we already abuse it by changing the dates.

Oh boy! Can't wait to see what's on the 3DS eshop this week! Maybe a new VC GBC game, or a demo for Mario Tennis Open or Rayman!

Oh......yet another week of no VC games,

.....or demos,

....just an angry-birds rip off.....

Nintendo of America sure must hate us 3DS owners. Japan gets everything, even Europeans are getting more VC games and Demos then us. The last VC game we got was back in March. TWO MONTHS AGO.

Hell, the Wii got more good VC games in it's first month, then the 3DS has in it's entire year.

Edited by Nintendoga

You only get to download games onto up to 5(I think it's gone down to three recently) consoles that the account is registered to, and that's it. I would think that removing the account from the console would also lock access to the content, but I've not got a spare PS3 to try it on XD

And as far as I've seen, apart from resetting all the PSP settings, you can't easily swap to another PSN account

it's actually down to 2 consoles, 1 psp and 1 vita if I remember correctly. My friend and I gameshare and he has his vita and psp and his account as well, all content I can download as well. Given, you have to SYNC the portable with the console or PSN tag when using the content, so if I were to go on my psp and download his games to my psp, it will lock all content I downloaded on my name and will only allow me to play the games on his account and vice-versa.

The last VC game we got was back in March. TWO MONTHS AGO.

Maybe NoA are taking a leaf from NoE's book and not releasing any VC games for eight or nine months.

That 10 playcoins a day thing is stupid. Especially since people walk more then 1000 steps a day, and especially since we already abuse it by changing the dates.

Nyko will show off a handheld peripheral for the 3DS that will overcome a blatant Nintendo over-sight, gonna be shown at E3

http://gonintendo.co...story&id=176950

Not only will we have new peripherals, but Nyko’s first entry into whole product categories. ...A handheld peripheral to overcome a blatant Nintendo oversight

Blatant oversights? The only one that I see is the severe lack of a second circle pad which becomes more noticeably with each new 3DS game. Maybe they'll make their own version of the CPP that's not as ugly, or maybe has buttons under the CPP to be more like Wii-U.

Edited by Nintendoga

*Looks at the eShop to see if Kirby's Block Ball finally released. Still sees "Coming to Nintendo eShop" 4 weeks later*

5l2q0m.jpg

I don't know what the hell is with Nintendo of America. We have yet to get Wario Land and Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters, while Japan already has Wario Land III. For that matter, we haven't gotten anything else of note since Ketzal's Corridors.

Edited by Crow T. Robot

It's pretty useless, it allows users to download system updates even if the parental control pin is enabled (I dont know if they will be able to download the update that allows it though...)

• Thumbs Up 1

Rayman Origins 3DS demo coming to e-shop this Thursday-

"Oh thank god NoA, I've been waiting for a demo for months"

-to Europe only.

"NoA hates us"

In other news, the Purple 3DS is available at some Walmart locations, before it's official launch next week, so check out your Walmart today

• Thumbs Up 3

NoA has been shit since last year. I don't know what happened. It's like NoA and NoE switched around o_O