Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

New Systemupdate and MK7 patch available now! biggrin.png

Just a note; you have to manually download the patch off the Nintendo eShop, it's not an automatic patch.

Edited by VEDJ-F

Just a note; you have to manually download the patch off the Nintendo eShop, it's not an automatic patch.

Good bloody Lord. Nintendo needs to get with the online program already. I understand MK7 isn't properly built for DLC and patches even if they can be worked in, but why wasn't it built for such?

I don't think spending one minute in the eShop to download a patch is that big of an issue. They sent a message with a direct link to the patch as well.

Edited by Thigolf
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't think spending one minute in the eShop to download a patch is that big of an issue. They sent a message with a direct link to the patch as well.

My point being that it should be integrated into MK7 without you needing to go to the eShop.

• Thumbs Up 4

I get your point, but like I said, I don't mind a more "complicated" way if it's not that time consuming. Sure, if it would have been a lot better if you could just start up MK7 and there, it's patched, but yeah... I don't mind it too much. I'm just happy the patch exists.

Edited by Thigolf

Well, it means we won't have to worry about people using the Maka Wuhu glitch in community matches anymore.

Hope you Europeans enjoy Rayman Origins, ahahahahah

We Americans get a demo of fan-demanded and popular e-shop game no one's heard of, a diner dash rip-off, Order- Up, demo coming next week. on the 24th.

Order-Up-Screen.jpg

Ahahahahahaha

fuck you NoA.

Ahahahahahaha

There was, I don't know if there is anymore.

Well after yesterday that would be interesting to see-

Good bloody Lord. Nintendo needs to get with the online program already. I understand MK7 isn't properly built for DLC and patches even if they can be worked in, but why wasn't it built for such?

I thought the same thing when I saw it sitting in the eshop, no other system ~advertises~ patches so?? Wtf Nintendo.

I'm thinking (and hoping) that it's Nintendo's way to introduce the concept of patches to babu gamers and old ppl or whatever, hopefully efficient integration and automatic patches will come later.

Not only did Europe get the Rayman Origins demo today, but so did America!

I take it back NoA, you're not doing as shitty with the e-shop as I thought. Still bad though.

• Thumbs Up 1

The funny thing about the demo, on the NA shop, is that the text is messed up and says "Currently unavailable". So, if people don't actually click on the image they won't know they can actually download it.

The funny thing about the demo, on the NA shop, is that the text is messed up and says "Currently unavailable". So, if people don't actually click on the image they won't know they can actually download it.

No that's because the demo is for a retail game, which isn't available in the eShop, if you look a few other games have the same thing in the demos section

Well the demo was god awful. Does not do the game justice.

It's sad this demo was the only thing I was looking forward too for the past two months. Step the game up, stop waiting till E3 or till the Vita starts selling before you give us good games. We don't want obscure GB games that didn't sell good, we want Pokemon Red/Blue, Snes games like Mario World, Nes games like SMB3.

We know you're holding back on us for no reason NoA and NoE. Stop beating around the bush and give us the damn games we want already.

Well that's depressing.

I have never felt so sad or disappointed from playing Rayman Origins, the 3DS version's demo is just awful.

The demo is virtually the same as the console one. Except it has a Tricky Treasure stage instead of a second traditional stage.

Well that's depressing.

I have never felt so sad or disappointed from playing Rayman Origins, the 3DS version's demo is just awful.

Well, the graphics look like a compressed jpeg picture, not sharp at all. The music suffers even more, the compression makes it sound so bad at times I had no choice but to turn off the volume (I play with headphones). Other than that, it's pretty much the same game, as expected. I don't think it is too bad because the gameplay stays intact, but it's still a shame because the presentation of the game was so awesome and got kind of ruined.

I honestly didn't notice the difference other than the obvious visual changes due to the smaller 3DS screen. Although, I will admit, I haven't played the console version much at all

The only thing I didn't like about the demo was that everything seemed so tiny. I could barely even see Rayman's facial expressions and stuff like that. But other than that, it was alright. May just go ahead and pick up the console version though.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's a demo, you guys do realize it was probably compressed significantly...

I'm not sure about that. I played Rabbids 3D and that game had low quality music as well, so the issue could be present in the final release too.

The hyperbole is staggering. While inferior to it's console counterparts with the usual expected compression, it's still overall a very solid port, and the demo alone is still easily the best 2D platformer on the 3DS and possibly a large library of the original DS. It makes New Super Mario Bros. look obsolete and unnecessary.

Of course if you have the Vita, you'd obviously rather invest in that version.

• Thumbs Up 3

Agreed with Carbo. Are you guys even playing the same demo? For a 3DS port, I think Rayman Origins is pretty damn good.

Also on the subject of the MK7 patch, I'm lovin' how people are still trying to do that shortcut and then quitting when it fails. laugh.png

• Thumbs Up 4