Awoo.

Official Sonic 4 Poll: What do you want to know more about, music or homing attack?

Agent York

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=320372

Hey everyone,

In the near future, we're going to get a chance to talk to you guys more about Sonic 4, including some in-depth discussion about the finer parts of the game.

So, we'd like to let you guys decide which parts you're most curious about and would like to hear more info on. There may be even more polls like this in the future, but this time around we're letting you choose between more details on how the Homing Attack works in the game, or, alternatively, the Music / SFX in the game.

Cast your votes between now and this Friday - there's not an "all of the above!" option just yet, but we'd like to see what interests you the most.

Thanks all!

It seems SEGA's holding an official poll. What do we want to know more about Sonic the Hedgehog 4, the homing attack and how it works in the game, or the music and sound effects? You do need a SEGA Pass to vote, but their easy enough to make.

It's nice their letting us have a choice in the manner, so which interest you and why? I'm voting music because I want to see some samples of the games tracks rather than see how the Homing Attack works, but that's just me. Apparently more polls like this may very well be held in the future, so when that comes this could be a general poll thread I guess... What side are you on?

Edited by Dusk the Biohazard Keeper

Of all things, why did they have to choose the homing attack for this poll. What's there to talk about!?

I'd love to hear about the composers of the game (though I'll bet the usual suspects are going to be part of it again) and, if Jun Senoue is involved, how he feels about not being able to rely on his annoying guitar wails this time. Does he feel pain as he struggles to make good music for the first time since SA1.

Not like I'm going to register there for this poll though, hahahahahahaha.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Of all things, why did they have to choose the homing attack for this poll. What's there to talk about!?

To know how it might not be a cheap win-button would be one, seeing as how many people continue to see it as such.

Given that I've seen enough to know that the homing attack won't be such a cheap move, I'm opting for music.

There are still only three seconds of "official" footage, and I don't think an explanation of the homing attack would be likely to garner us more. Asking about the music, on the other hand, is slightly more likely to net us goodies: since they've talked about the remixed-in-every-act tracks in the magazine interviews, we might even get two songs to demonstrate!

...okay, fine, wishful thinking. As the music is less likely to inspire further moaning, though, I think I'll stick with it as the priority.

People are actually choosing the homing attack. We know how it works and how it's always worked, jeez. Music plz

Why are people voting for the homing attack?!

And here I was just about to say "Well, that's a stupidly one-sided question, who could possibly want to know about the homing attack?" D:

Oh yeah, I forgot. It's the Sonic fanbase. Of course we want to know more about the homing attack, so we can complain about it ruining the game some more, amirite? Since Sonic games have almost consistently good music, finding out about that wouldn't give us anything to moan about, would it? =D *shot*

Edited by Mahzes
  • Thumbs Up 1

if Jun Senoue is involved, how he feels about not being able to rely on his annoying guitar wails this time. Does he feel pain as he struggles to make good music for the first time since SA1.

His remix of Sky Sanctuary was nice, and contained no guitars :V! He could do it, he just loves his guitars :V

Edited by DarkOverord

Definite music vote for me. :D

Like most of you, I don't really see the point in them telling us about the HA, it'll be better to show us through footage later on. Plus it would/will just kick off more BAAAAAAAAAAAW from the fanbase. :rolleyes:

...And the majority of the votes are for the inevitable redundant homing attack information we already know when the game's known soundtrack seems worryingly patchy.

This fanbase sucks at common sense. ¬_¬

I feel that both the homing attack and the music have an equal standing in terms of value. I wouldn't be swayed to vote one or the other.

With the homing attack, it is going to be handled a little differently from the other Dimpy (lol) outings, and we have only heard the title theme and Splash Hill Zone (prematurely, I might add)

So vote for what you want, but don't count one or the other as useless to everyone based off of your own perception of its informative value. It's just plain annoying.

EDIT: I voted music, by the way. :3

Edited by Indigo Dude
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm not a member there and I'm too lazy to become one. I don't care which wins anyway. Seems like it's just going to be another tease update. I'll just keep waiting for a real trailer.

I feel that both the homing attack and the music have an equal standing in terms of value. I wouldn't be swayed to vote one or the other.

With the homing attack, it is going to be handled a little differently from the other Dimpy (lol) outings, and we have only heard the title theme and Splash Hill Zone (prematurely, I might add)

So vote for what you want, but don't count one or the other as useless to everyone based off of your own perception of its informative value. It's just plain annoying.

EDIT: I voted music, by the way. :3

A point well made, but remember the track record on official Needlemouse hype to date: it's very conservative and avoids major spoilers. SEGA seems to consider "major spoilers" to be level mechanics rather than aesthetic details such as art and music, however.

I admit that the possibility exists that all we'd see in a music article is the title screen and Splash Hill Act 1 all over again with no new information. However, given SEGA's attitude to revealing level mechanic details (even the max speed running animation appears to be NDAed!), the likelihood that a homing attack article would be nothing but a puff piece that enrages the fanbase because it does exactly what all the official hype has done so far - tell us nothing we actually want to know - is much more likely.

I'd rather we actually learn something new and substantial this time around, but if the votes are a landslide for homing attack info... :/

I would vote homing attack. I'm fine with the music style; I just wanna know if it's abused by spamming it everywhere, or if it's put over bottomless pits with Bubbles chains, or if gives you instant momentum. If it does any of the 3, I will be dissapoint. :/

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm with Azukara on this, except my reason for voting homing attack would be because, well... the music in Sonic games IMO haven't bothered my to a point in which I muted my tv or anything I was playing it on. Although Shadow the hedehog had a few songs that irked me a little.

One thing I'm hoping for though: I hope we are treated with a really funky song similar to what we had for

I'm surprised people are raging over other people voting for the homing attack.

I'm not going to bother voting, but if I did, I'd say I'm leaning more towards the homing attack myself. Music in the Sonic series has always been at least alright, and generally pretty damn good. At the same time, I feel no particular compulsion to hear it now, so I'm fine with letting it go and waiting for the music to come to us.

On the other hand, that they'd put the homing attack up as an option makes me wonder if there's more to it. If the HA does win, they can't just give us "well it's an attack that homes. See you next time!", right? They must have something to offer. I'd rather take the chance for actual gameplay info than music.

Kinda stupid to vote HA. The thing most people are worried about is if it makes the game too easy. Its obvious that they'll say it doesn't. Its not like they'll say negative things about it >_>.

I voted music and its winning, by the way..

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Why are people voting for the homing attack?!

Probably because a lot of people are concerned about how it may affect the gameplay and the classic formula.

I went for music. We better get some music samples though.

It was going to vote for music, but I saw that it said that they were going to talk to us about it. Not sure how I should have interpreted that, but I saw it as them just telling us that they were basing it on Sonic 2, were going to bring back the the Act Clear jingle, and stuff like that. I just want listen to the music, not have someone talk to me about it.

So I voted Homing Attack. I'm not too worried about this move like other people, but it would be really nice to have it confirmed whether or not you can spam it on bosses, have to use to get over a gap, or what button it's mapped to.

Pretty close poll so far. It doesn't really matter who wins to me though. Neither choice is anything I'm crazy about. Though, Homing Attack could get us gameplay footage (in my dreams). I just want a trailer. =/

Edited by Tentomon

Screw music and homing attack!! I want to know why they're going with green eyed Sonic, why the spines are the size they are, why his nose is the shape it is, why his legs are so long, why he produces dust clouds, why his belly isn't chubby, why his ball form is so different, why his jumps are so floaty in the alpha footage and why we've only just barely seen his full speed animation(I wants more of it now!!) WTF I DON'T EVEN!!! *raging fan boy mode*

So glad I'm not one of those kind of fans :lol:

Seriously though I'd like to hear more of the music and sound effects before we see how the homing attack works, I'm a big fan of Sonic game music and sound effects :)

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm just gunna quote myself what I said on the Sega Forums lol I voted for music btw XD

I'd perfer to know more infomation on the music to be honest , I mean Sonic games have had a good track record with the music side of the games so I would like to hear some more music of all zones and sound effects :). I honestly don't give a damn how the homing attack works sounds like it's something what I could be told inside a instuction booklet, it will possible work in the same vein as Sonic Unleashed homing attack (Press A to jump then X to homing attack)

Music is slightly ahead as of right now. 64 votes to 55. I voted music of course (:

Wow... I logged in to vote and apparently my last login at the forums was in January 2007 O.o I guess it's pretty obvious which boards I'm most loyal to! XD;

I'd rather want to know how the HA will affect the gameplay than find out about something that 99 out of 100 times is good by default.

• Thumbs Up 1

looks like someone is begging others to vote for homing attack XD

Guys, please vote for the homing attack, we need to hear more about how the game actually plays!

i'd would perfer hear something about the music before anything else and possible get a MP3 version of Splash Hill Zone for my iPod the title screen music is all alone and needs a friend haha XDD

Edited by Crash

If music wins (which it looks like it's going to) they better come with some samples. And at a decent length too. Just talking about the music would be lamer than the concept art pictures.