Awoo.

The Avatar and Signature Topic

Superstrider

Modified my Signature to show off the SSMB Crossing RP, the Smash Bros RP and my art thread. Nothing major.

Sadness from Inside Out, my favourite character from Pixar's best film in years!

I'm keeping my signature for a little bit longer, because we must all remember Satoru Iwata and how amazing he was. <3

My new avatar is Judith from Tales of Vesperia and she's my new favourite character and holy shit she's the best.

I also haven't changed my sig because the new image resolution limit is annoyingly small.

My avyie and sig are based off characters I'm playing as in the RPs, Marth and Marisa Kirisame. It helps me be in character a bit.

Though I never thought about how they both have "Mar" in their names.

I've been wanting to change my profile for a little while now. I wanted something Disney.. but I couldn't think of anything. 

Today, I watched the latest Pretty Cure All-Stars movie, Spring Carnival. And it had so many nice and cute moments, I decided to use screencaps for my avatar and cover photo. The signature gif is also from the movie and was an honest pain in the ass to make. But it came out nice, so I'm happy. Now I can share my love for Pretty Cure on SSMB! You know, because my thread is dead and will never be brought to life again. 

So yeah, I guess I'll settle with a Pretty Cure theme for now. Maybe I'll find something Disney related later.

Edited by ElectricAngel
  • Thumbs Up 3

After a struggle with trying to link text and a URL together, I finally updated the signature to have a link to the sequel of SSMB Crossing now that the first one has wrapped up.

I have been rewatching Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and I really like the design for Frankie so I was searching in Google Image and I found my profile picture! Really glad the gif worked

Changed it to Man Ray from MM&BB III I believe? Anyways I wanted to change my profile pic and thought this one looked nice.

Monthly change-up to the IDW version of my favorite TMNT character, Slash, in honor of the Mutanimals mini-series releasing in trade form in two weeks. (Got it pre-ordered!)

Edited by CC14 Slasher

My last avatar was Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta. I have an appreciation for Dragon Ball GT, even if its writing was pretty mediocre for the bulk of its run. Really, I had started using it because I like the Super Saiyan 4 design, Gogeta's in particular (I like the color scheme), and as a response to the dog piling GT's been getting mostly because people keep saying the new movies/Super invalidate it without any kind of hard confirmation. I find the attitude funny because the series was written off previously on the grounds that it wasn't written by Toriyama, so why people care about its canon status now, when it was a side story set well after the main series that you could ignore anyway, is beyond me.

Oh, sorry, rant.

After about a month of that, I decided I wanted something fresh, and found a neat little illustration of Bulma from the Dragon Ball blue brick booklets, which I ripped from the PDF FUNimation has on their website (my copy of Dragon Ball season 1 didn't have the booklet, so it's probably a later printing/reissue). It's a fun image, and one I've never seen before, so I wanted to use it. I think it was probably illustrated by Tadayoshi Yamamuro, since it looks like modern DB anime art, and he handles a lot of that, but I'm not 100% certain. Only wish I could display more than a square.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ORIGINAL THE AVATAR DO NOT STEAL!

*Cough* Anyway, I liked the most recent Sonic Channel wallpaper so much that I decided to use it to switch up my usual combination for the upcoming season of All Hallows Eve. Thought it'd be fun to actually have a Sonic avatar for a change. (Even though, this being a Sonic board, I'm probably going to be one in a sea of hundreds of this same avatar. Eh, screw it, it's Halloween. XD)

My avatar is from episode 44 of Sonic Boom.

Everyone appears to call him hipster, but I don't see it. (It's actually my Facebook avatar, so any time I change my FB avatar, it changes this one).

Yet another Meowkie avatar and she is as adorable as ever.

My good friend Nepenthe gave me this as a commission and I'm super grateful for it.

It's based off this pose from Meowkie's old design:

d40c804f26e85641eca3b656a84cf6cf.png

But done with her modern design from Namco High.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yet another Meowkie avatar and she is as adorable as ever.

My good friend Nepenthe gave me this as a commission and I'm super grateful for it.

It's based off this pose from Meowkie's old design:

d40c804f26e85641eca3b656a84cf6cf.png

But done with her modern design from Namco High.

Wow, props to @Nepenthe! That avatar looks great!

• Thumbs Up 2

Since Halloween is coming, I'm getting ready for it. So I changed my name, and used the Witch Rouge Sonic Channel drawing as my avatar, and coming up next is Springtrap, who stares into your soul... :P

Eh, decided to make my profile more Gravity Rush themed in order to celebrate the GR news from TGS 2015.

Now if only SSMB's signature guidelines didn't suck so much when it came to GIFs, I would be able to put a GR gif in there as well.

My current avatar is Spica from Matantei Loki Ragnarok. Spica is an alternate form for the gygr called Angrboda from Norse religion. If she gives off a slight melancholy vibe, there is a reason. Angrboda means, one that bodes anguish. She was the mother of Hel, Jormungandr and Fenrir by Loki and the mother of werewolves.

The third image in my signature is Ryukotsuki (Dragon Bone Demon) from Getsu Fuuma Den (The Legend of Fuuma Getsu) for the Famicom.

Edited by Lime/Parvati-Pai/Key

Decided to make my profile more Halloween themed, and since there isn't any specific GR avatars that's based around Halloween, I'm using Kat's Spy outfit from GR. It is meant to make her look like a cat after all.

I'll be making WAYYYY too much avatar changes this month to cover them all in this topic, but one thing will stay the same, a new addition to my sig!

Is that a witch? Nope! It's Roll!

This shot of her came from her Tatsunoko vs. Capcom credits game.

My avatar stands for the TARDIS, a time-travel space ship from Doctor Who which is smaller on the outside (take that, Clara fans) which is disguised as a police box. And my name is the name of the actor who portrayed the 10th reencarnation (or 11th, counting the War Doctor) of the main character of the series, called The Doctor.

I am very fan of Doctor Who since 2010 (time I started watching it) and I actually use this same image on most sites I am and social media, except for Facebook and Twitter.

ORIGINAL THE AVATAR DO NOT STEAL!

*Cough* Anyway, I liked the most recent Sonic Channel wallpaper so much that I decided to use it to switch up my usual combination for the upcoming season of All Hallows Eve. Thought it'd be fun to actually have a Sonic avatar for a change. (Even though, this being a Sonic board, I'm probably going to be one in a sea of hundreds of this same avatar. Eh, screw it, it's Halloween. XD)

Are you changing, or should I?