Awoo.

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3

killemoff

I'm somwhat using the same team I used in Vanilla, but I swap Taskmaster with Hawkeye. So my team consist of Cap, Viper, and Hawkeye. I love the synergy they have with their HCs, and how they assist each other so well with mixups. I've also came up with a few personal techniques with this team. I'm also trying to see if I can pick Lei lei back up in Ultimate, but it seems almost near impossible, unless you just use her for the hyper armor, and I have to much love to make her the focus of a gimmick.

~Edit~

I wouldn't mind playing you Chooch. I have to ask have you been able to fiddle with the game to come up with your own team?

Edited by Arioch

Well my main team is still the same one I've been playing since day one in old Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Viewtiful Joe / Amaterasu / Chris Redfield. I also played some Dr. Doom and Dormmamu back then so I'm still using them too.

As for brand new characters, I'm learning to use Rocket Raccoon and Firebrand. I have some teams in mind for Rocket already but I'm still trying to find a team with him on it that has good synergy with the other characters I'm currently playing.

Edited by Chooch

I've been messing with characters here and there. Right now I'm running Zero, Hawkeye and Tasky. Some times I switch Zero out for Strider and sometimes I use Zero, Hawkeye and Tron. If I'm not using Tron I'll use Frank West in her place.

Still messing with some characters here and there like C.Viper and Chris

Tryin to learn Zero myself, got his combos are fucking annoying.

I find them amongst the easier combos in the game. What combo are you having trouble with?

The only real reason to do Misson Mode combos is to get the trophies / achievements for doing them. Most of them are extremely inefficient if not downright worthless. You're always better off learning combos from somewhere else or making them up yourself after experimenting a bit in training mode if you're serious about getting good with that specific character.

A lot of them seem to involve generally awkward special into hyper cancels and X-Factor cancelling at random times to follow up with something that makes no sense. I have less issues doing my characters' real combos than the Mission Mode ones. They're stupid.

Chooch is right. Mission Mode and Trial have always been stupid. You can pick a nice combo as you go or look into guides on fighting sites for some.

Speaking of combos, since I very recently got my own copy of the game I thought I'd give you guys a look at my progress as a Rocket Raccoon player.

No, he doesn't do any damage. His combos are unbelievably fun tho'.

Speaking of combos, since I very recently got my own copy of the game I thought I'd give you guys a look at my progress as a Rocket Raccoon player.

No, he doesn't do any damage. His combos are unbelievably fun tho'.

Nice job there, I would of loved to of played as RR, but that horrendously low health completely turned me off of him.

My main team at the moment is Spencer, Iron Fist and Firebrand. Admittedly I'm not great at the game, but hey, still a learning progress for me.

Edited by Rawpowered

I had perhaps my greatest achivement on the game this week. Ending a 7th Lord's 10 win streak using Phoenix Wright. Power to the law!

• Thumbs Up 1

I had perhaps my greatest achivement on the game this week. Ending a 7th Lord's 10 win streak using Phoenix Wright. Power to the law!

Nice, what team did he have? I presume it's Vergil and some other cheap riff-raff

Vergil, Wesker and Dante. The usual. He was beating me pretty good at first till I made a small comeback with Viewtiful Joe and then with Phoenix Wright in Turnout Mode well, he turned the whole match around.

Edited by BlueEagle21
  • Thumbs Up 1

Vergil, Wesker and Dante. The usual. He was beating me pretty good at first till I made a small comeback with Viewtiful Joe and then with Phoenix Wright in Turnout Mode well, he turned the whole match around.

Phoenix Wright I can understand, but Joe? You used him against the Trenchcoat Trio? Bloody hell you must be good. I can deal with that kind of team most of the time with Iron Fist, Spencer and Firebrand.

If you've got it on 360 I may have to challenge you sometime =P

Phoenix Wright I can understand, but Joe? You used him against the Trenchcoat Trio? Bloody hell you must be good. I can deal with that kind of team most of the time with Iron Fist, Spencer and Firebrand.

If you've got it on 360 I may have to challenge you sometime =P

I'd say i'm decent. Currently my rank is 9th Lord. The highest rank i've had. I don't know the major combos like the really long ones where you add a patner assist and all that. Viewtiful Joe is my main and favorite character. He's the one i've had the most sucess with. I enjoyed the hell out of his games so I went straight for him on day 1.

I only have the PS3 version. I may consider it on 360 if it goes cheaper just to play with some friends of mine who don't have a PS3.

Edited by BlueEagle21

Phoenix Wright I can understand, but Joe? You used him against the Trenchcoat Trio? Bloody hell you must be good.
Edited by Chooch

Just made up my all 3 of my reserve teams. I always purchased Shuma Gorath and Jill Valentine today as well. There not as good as I thought they would be but still worth the money nonetheless. I hadda get Gorath cuz he used to always be my favorite in MvC2 other than Venom =/ who didnt make the cut. My classic team used to even be Mega Man and Venom which is sad that they didnt reintroduce them in this edition. Oh well, theres always room for more DLC especially on the character select one blank space left on each side.

Could I get a bit of help from someone who has a decent knowledge of team building and synergy? I've been running into problems with my team recently which has caused quite a few losses and I need some help with replacing a character, but I have no idea who to replace them with. I'd try to do this myself, but I usually have a tendancy to slap characters together with no rhyme or reason in terms of how well they work together, so I figured I'd be better off asking the more knowledgable people in this field about it.

I run a team of Amaterasu, Zero and X-23. Anyone who knows their stuff about health tiers can probably see what is going wrong. My team is really frail, and many teams can cut through it easily. The one I want to replace is X-23, as Amaterasu is the character I'm best with, as well as having a really solid assist. Zero can do some insane stuff in the right situation, so I don't want to replace him either. (Plus I like both of them. >>) X-23 never does nearly as much for me as Amaterasu and Zero, which is why she was my choice of the character to replace.

If it helps with the choice, a character with a good assist for extending Zero's combos would be decent. One that helps with Amaterasu's combos would be useful, but not as useful, since she is usually the one I save for my last character to use X-Factor on, since Vale of Mist and X-Factor is too deadly of a combination to pass up. Having a character with at least 1,000,000 health would be nice as well. I'm thinking of either using Wesker with the Samurai Edge assist or Doctor Doom with the Hidden Missile assist, but I'm not sure how useful these would be for extending Zero's and Amaterasu's combos since I'm not sure how many of their combos could be extended by an OTG assist and/or be worth extending with damage scaling factoring in.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I can't do most of the complex combos mainly because of the moves that require the forward, down and forward left command for moves such as Ryu's Shoryuken and Viewtiful Joe's Upper move to name a few. It's also keeping up with the speed of some combos that messes it up. I'm ok with the basic bread and butter combos but thats as good as i'm gonna get.

Edited by BlueEagle21

I can't do most of the complex combos mainly because of the moves that require the forward, down and forward left command for moves such as Shoryuken and so forth.

If your having trouble learning the Shoryuken motion, the way I learned to do it is to hold forward then input the Hadoken motion (down, downforward, forward).

If your having trouble learning the Shoryuken motion, the way I learned to do it is to hold forward then input the Hadoken motion (down, downforward, forward).

I'll give that a go next time. Cheers for the advice.

• 1 year later...

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3, UMVC3 DLC (Jill Valentine & Shuma-Gorath along with the costume DLC) and Marvel VS Capcom 2 to be removed from PSN and XBL by the end of the year. PSN has them for 50% off right now and sadly there is hardly any time at all to decide before they are gone forever.

17th December for North America

19th December for Europe

26th December Globally

And why? Not even give the UMvC3 DLC for free?

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm still has it's DLC up and it's there for free. And it's a game that came out when trophies weren't added to games

Why does part of me suspect they'll just make an Ultra MvC3, and removing previous games from the marketplace is just some shallow excuse not to just patch and DLC its content into games people have already paid for?

If they wanted to sell a new version all they would need to do is just make a new version like they did with Ultimate. Not remove Marvel 2 and 3 from the store entirely. If I had to guess, it has something to do with the contract that Capcom has with Marvel.

I don't really care at the moment, to be honest. I have a physical copy of both versions of Marvel 3 already and have little to no interest in the remaining downloadable content I didn't buy.

The game is ass anyway.