Awoo.

Adventure Time!

AdventChild

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/adventure-time-season-5-episode-47-the-red-throne

http://www.avclub.com/review/adventure-time-201107

*Hears the cries and groans of FinnxFP fans in the distance.* Oookay then...

CB became a real bad@$$ in this episode and not only that he became Fully Baked! Feel a bit sorry for Finn, even though CB was saving the day and got the FP in the end while his attempts to getting together with her wasn't quite stellar. Well, at least, it wasn't as bad as his actions during Too Old where he thought pulling boy pranks would be the solution to getting back together with PB. Speaking of PB, CB and FP's talk about PB being untrustworthy and devious is definite foreshadowing in the near future. Though it looks like he's out of the dating scene once again and probably for a long time until another suitor for him comes around. Maybe someone who isn't a princess and is adventurous with plenty of adventure experience as Finn. Should I suggest someone like Huntress Wizard: http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131021192742/tudosobrehoradeaventura/pt-br/images/thumb/6/6f/Huntress.png/500px-Huntress.png ?

Highlights: The fact that microwave usage exists in the Fire Kingdom, nearly all of CB's moments and his transformation from Candy Kingdom's bumbling idiot to Fire Kingdom's competent champion, Don John who happens to be voiced by Canadian Pro Wrestler Roddy Piper and Flame King voiced by Keith David makes for a great They Live reunion/reference esp with the fist fight they have, Don John: “My gym is dark magic. And my protein shake is rage.”, Finn:"Jake isn't here. He's sleeping over at Lady Rainicorn's maybe" (like how they're explaining Jake's absence [even though I'm starting to miss him]), Finn:“I’ll help you. I’lldoanythingforyou.”, Finn:“Girl’s bathroom is over there. Also, it’s the boy’s bathroom.”, Flying firewolf taught by CB, CB outduking the fireguards, CB:“These two… are out-duked! Now I’m making my escape.”, CB's speech in admiration of FP, and Finn:“Geez. Did I just get shown up by Cinnamon Bun?” (Yes, Finn. You did.)

Like how the show is unpredictable, I just really like how they make love and romance unpredictable as well  than most other shows/movies and that's it's more realistic in sense too. It's really refreshing.

Also, can't wait for Betty, which is the week after the next I believe due to Hall of Games.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

HOLYCRAPHOLYCRAPHOLYCRAP!!!

Check out the wiz biz in this Sneak Peek of tomorrow's huge event episode Betty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvBMYriltMA

• Thumbs Up 2

Damn. Wasn't expecting a new Big Bad after the Lich. Wonder how he of all people would fair against Bellanoche (is that how it's spelled?)

But yeah, intriguing episode so far. Though I'm more curious as to what Simon's ultimate fate will be rather than Betty being brought back. Will he let his body decay and finally die or will he succumb to using the crown again and risk going crazy again?

Either way, it'll be tragic for Marceline.

So I caught the new episode.

It wasn't bad by any means. But it was 

incredibly rushed. There was too much story crammed in those 15 minutes. It would have been a more compelling story if they had just slowed down, maybe split it into a 30 minute two parter, it would have worked.

Betty was such a great character, though. She didn't hesitate to try and save Simon. It's really odd how she somehow knew how to work the magic carpet and how to defeat Bella Noche, but damn did she look awesome (and kinda hot) doing it. They knew they'd be high expectations about Betty after years of speculation, and they delivered.

The two biggest things about this episode is not only are there now two humans running around Ooo, but this episode also explains why Simon never saw Betty again after putting the crown on. She disappeared because she went into the future.

So...much...in...11..minutes!

Seriously, that felt like the fastest episode of Adventure Time yet. Everything went by so fast that I really wish it was a 30 minute episode to develop things more than just 11 minutes.

I really like Betty though. She just kick ass in this episode and now that Finn isn't the only human in Ooo thanks to her coming through the portal, this makes for a very interesting future development of the series' future.

Aw man, poor Betty. Even when she fought and won for someone she loved, it still was still bittersweet to see Simon become Ice King again and she could do nothing more for him because of that.

sad.png

So what's she going to do now? Is she just going to be wandering throughout Ooo and explore all it's places? I'd like to see maybe Finn and Jake run into her at some point. Maybe Finn can develop a kinship with her like he did with Susan with being the only human around (though Susan's still debatable).

Wow, where do I begin with this episode? True to Adventure Time form, I wasn’t expecting anything that was going to happen.  But man oh man, what an episode it was! So now the stupid “Princess Bubblegum = Betty” theory (though along with the whole “Dr. Princess = Betty” one as well which was the one I was sticking and hoping for and made a bit more sense that PB theory but can easily accept what’s happened as canon) can lay to rest.  

Yeah, with an episode like this, it probably would have been best to turn it into a two parter like Holly Jolly Secrets. However, what we got was still good even with the allotted time and still managed to deliver the goods and make you anticipate what is to come. Not to mention this episode manages to show how much continuity has come to pass and how the series had grown over the years.

Man, Simon knows how to choose his women as Betty is a bit of a bad @$$ and immediately takes action into saving him and curing him even if the results were Ice King to come back again. Also, that the fact that she’s still alive in the end shows how their now about 4 humans existing on Ooo (5 counting Simon, but also counting Susan Strong and Mosef, BMO’s creator from Be More),  and that she could probably find a way to cure Ice King, not to mention seeing her adventures and encounters with Finn and Jake. There are great possibilities to expand upon now Betty is in the future.

Highlights: Ice King want to plus up his magic, Bellanoche, Simon punching Ash, “So right and tight I get restless leg syndrome about it.”, Grand Master Wizard: “Y’alls got played!”, Finn: “A-move the bass a-down.”, Marceline’s “floored” reaction when Simon called, Marceline: “He’s just kidding. I’m only a thousand.” Jake: “And still lookin’ good!”,  Simon: “I don’t want to be the Ice King again. It’s like living with eternal diaper butt.”, Death riding in the death bus along the magic rug, Huntress Wizard cameo, Betty: “Surprise! Tranch!”

Another thing that caught my attention was Hambo being used as a catalyst for the portal. It reminded me of Maja in Sky Witch and what she was going to use it for because it possessed enough love to create powerful magic. It could be foreshadowing here that this is what Maja is going to use PB’s shirt for, to probably create a time portal, but as to when and to where is still a mystery (if it is a time portal), but it is a reminder of the big things to come.

I've been a much bigger fan of the more story driven or emotional episodes of the show which deviate from the normal silly nature, and this one was no different.

The story of Simon, Betty and Marceline was one I really enjoyed when it was first introduced. Each time they've done some expanding on that story, I've always wanted it to be in a direction of redemption for Simon - perhaps to the point where he's able to be himself while still in the Ice King form. This episode however... made me think otherwise. Ice King serves as a nice anti-hero, but they'd have to completely revert Simon to cover the plot holes correctly.

He'd rather die than continue to be the Ice King, which is really sad. Hopefully they continue Simon and Betty's story without having us wait too long. The ending of the episode was sad too. sad.png

Interesting to note that the Ice Kingdom was melting without the power of the crown. Unlike some of the other more natural kingdoms which don't seem to be (or haven't been mentioned yet) influenced so heavily by magical energies.

On another note, I totally have three Adventure Time figurines on my desk. I'm cool.

• Thumbs Up 2

A pretty interesting albeit kinda weird, good and experimental episode this I might add with the main action taking place in the circular frame while stuffing was happening outside of it. Really taking background gags to a whole new level and an interesting way to engage viewers to watch a second time to catch everything outside the circle. Not to mention got a good dose of lumpy character development from LSP despite having the whole time reset on her at the end. It really made her more sympathetic whilst still being her in character.  

Highlights: the whole microbes/stuff happening outside of the circle, Jake: “Ice King’s done it better before, with magic.”, “Hey, time, where’s my fiancée? Am I right?”, LSP going into the time orb machine and attacking PB, LSP: “I’m sah-ryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. I’m sorry you’re so stupid.”, Tree Trunks on karaoke singing “On a Slow Boat to China”, LSP: “Why can’t I get over you?” Bartender: “Have you tried burning an effigy, that’s what they do in movies.”, the breakfast transition, LSP:“Sending you good vibes!”, LSP: “So Bubblegum thinks she can horn in on my territory, sip from my soup after I cut all the onions? Yo, think again, tranch!”, LSP’s somewhat somber speech before throwing a Molotov cocktail and crashing a truck into the castle, Manfried handling the situation with a garden hose, the cyanide gum, and Johnny appearing in the lower left hand corner with, signifying that he’s out of the timeline.  

Kinda odd to see that this character gets a two-parter than Betty, but it’s a great two-parter nonetheless that gave Lemonhope good character development, making him a much fleshed out and likable character even only appearing just once before. Not to mention it ended up pretty deep in the end with PB’s sweet song and what the future looked like when Lemonhope returned after a millennium. Admittedly, that part got me misty eyed. 

Highlights: Lemonhope’s dream/nightmare segments, the propaganda video entitled “Hello! And Keep Away From Castle Lemongrab”, Lemongrab: “Order! Harp smashing! We’ve have it all!”, Lemongrab:“In conclusion, no one needs to come here ever, especially Lemonhope and I ate my brother. Goodbye!”, the candy classroom/the cupcake scenario, the lemon person’s failed escape, the raccoon wearing Lemonhope’s clothing and cloaking device, stowing away on a pirate ship along with the rat blanket,  the Lemonhope: “Lots of nightmares again. Guess that’s freedom for you.”, Phlannel Boxingday who is possibly Princess Bubblegum in disguise because of similar skin color, initials and technobabble, the Greedlard chase and crash, Lemonhope going up against the Earl and making him explode with the harp, Lemonhope: “See you in a thousand years I guess. Peace!”, and again, PB’s touching ending song with the dystopian scenery of Finn and Jake’s overgrown treehouse and a ruined candy and lemon kingdom:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-eQoKrYfvY

I wonder how they’re going to top this next week when we finish off the season and what’s in store for us for season six! Just hopefully we don’t have to wait for too long.  

Part of me wonders if Lemongrab's propaganda video was a parody of North Korea's propaganda videos. I wanna say no, but, since it's Adventure Time, I just can't be sure.

I mean, did anyone else think Fat Lemongrab looked like Kim-Jong Un in that?

• Thumbs Up 2

Part of me wonders if Lemongrab's propaganda video was a parody of North Korea's propaganda videos. I wanna say no, but, since it's Adventure Time, I just can't be sure.

I mean, did anyone else think Fat Lemongrab looked like Kim-Jong Un in that?

lol I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the same thing.

This hugely long 52 episode Season 5 draws to a close as we see Finn complete Billy’s Bucket List. Not to mention hefty number of throwbacks/callbacks from previous episodes and all the way from first season, such as the Party Pat and the party bears (surprised that they didn’t turn into the ‘stuff’) from Belly of the Beast to the evil fairies from The Enchiridion to the Fear Feaster from Ocean of Fear. It really shows how far the show has come a long way to this point and definitely shows some character growth with Finn as managed to conquer his fear of the ocean. Well, technically, the blade of grass got rid/killed the Fear Feaster.

Also, the animation is really beautiful especially during the ocean dream/nightmare part and the ending with the Billy Constellation. 
Not to mention the major plot reveal about Finn’s Dad the Human at the end that’s definitely going to be the lead up into next season which the wait won’t be too long as they announced after the episode that it’ll be here in April, next month! At least, we don’t have to wait over half a year like some other shows *coughMLP:FIM*cough. However, no news of a season renewal or seventh season (yet) so it looks like season 6 could AT’s last and close up and end a ton of subplots/stories such as Maja the Sky Witch’s big plan and Betty’s attempt into turning Simon Petirkov back to normal for good. Again, that is if it becomes the final, though I do believe there is more too Ooo and plenty of world building that can warrant a seventh season and the quality of the show hasn’t falter too greatly, still bringing above average/great  storytelling. Heck, maybe a season that explores different planets like seeing more of Mars, Magic Man’s birthplace. But even if it does end at 6, I won’t complain though as long as they give it a big finale and good send off. Also, I do hope for a (theatrical) movie somewhere along the line. 

Highlights: The rap battle between Finn and Rap Bear, Finn: “I wrap for mill-i-ons… Sesquipedalians!”, “I love rap music, but only when it’s good rap” Me: “Word”, Billy flashbacks, Canyon AKA Billy’s ex-girlfriend (possibly Finn’s new GF?), Finn wearing’s stinky loincloth like a cape, Finn decapitating Jordan, Lord of the Faeries, Completed items on Billy’s bucket list: Punch that jerky camel; Draw on a computer; Beat the Lich; Drink sea lion milk; Make some Kombucha; Find a new spirit animal; Make a website; Learn how to play flute., Finn and Canyon driving a motorbike in the desert and jumping over the cliff, Finn’s reaction to Billy’s final item on the list, return of the Fear Feaster (and death by grass sword), Finn’s ocean dream, Finn conquering his ocean fear, Billy’s constellation form, Billy: “Tell Canyon I watch her sleep. Man, love is weird Finn.”, and Finn’s reaction about his real father being alive. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQHK6tkHQ64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVLJfdRHBKE

Just a reminder that tonight is the premiere of Adventure Time's sixth season and to tune in at 6PM for Finn's father reveal!

• Thumbs Up 1

Ho. Lee. Shit! What an episode!

So let's see here:

-Finn's Dad turns out to be an asskhole.

-RIP, Prismo

-I didn't not see Lich turning out to be a baby coming

-Finn losing his arm was the most "Holy Shit!" moment of this episode

With a strong opening like that, I can't wait to see what this season brings!

• Thumbs Up 5

Now I'm just wondering who's Finn's mom is and how unlucky she had to be to get banged by this guy and carry his child.

Ho. Lee. Shit! What an episode!

So let's see here:

-Finn's Dad turns out to be an asskhole.

-RIP, Prismo

-I didn't not see Lich turning out to be a baby coming

-Finn losing his arm was the most "Holy Shit!" moment of this episode

With a strong opening like that, I can't wait to see what this season brings!

Oh; so that finally happened? I was wondering when they were gonna do it. They've been hinting at it for so long now.

Just two words can really sum up this season premiere: Holy Crap!

These were heavy episodes all around with every major moment impacting like a bombshell. From The Lich killing Prismo to unleashing the prisoners from the citadel to Finn’s father being selfish jerkwad (kinda like FP’s dad), that escaped with a few of the prisoners to Finn’s cursed arm to being torn off to The Lich turning into a baby (though something tells me it isn’t going to the be last we’ll see of evil him). The jaw dropping meter was off the charts for the premiere and I can’t wait for what’s in store for us this season.

Other highlights: the party at Prismo’s and the appearance of Grob Gob Glob Grod, Cosmic Owl, Party God and Death, partygoers taking selfies with The Lich, Clockface, defeating the night terrors with laser pens, Prismo’s physical form, Cosmic Owl: “You guys want to play some Card Wars?” Jake: “No.”, Shelby wishing for a pony for his GF, Martin’s leg getting vaporized and Finn and Jake’s reactions, The Lich’s speech when he approaches a drowsy Finn, the creature designs of the prisoners, Jake: “Just promise me: if both my eyes get fried off, you’ll fry yours off too.”, Finn’s flower that replaced his arm, and the scene with Tree Trunks and Mr. Pig at the end.

Also, here’s a sneak peek of an upcoming one-off non-canon episode by a guest artist/writer/director (like David O’Reilly’s A Glitch is A Glitch) called Food Chain. Who created this episode? Why none other than anime artist Masaaki Yuasa (The Tatami Galaxy, Kaiba, Kick Heart, Space Dandy, Samurai Champloo)!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg1kGCXO9zs

• Thumbs Up 2

I was kinda hoping that the dude Finn found /wasn't/ his dad, but considering that he was the only human that appeared to be there...*sigh* What a shame.

Considering his overall callous attitude towards his son despite all of the shit Finn went through to save him, I'm going to go out on a limb* and assume the reason he was trapped in the Centurion in the first place is that he just stirs up shit without giving any fucks about the consequences a la Magic Man. :/

And what happened to The Lich was pretty surprising too.

*wasn't a joke about Finn losing his arm, I swear

This episode was shocking in so many ways; to me it seemed like a season finale rather than an opener. So much stuff happened!

I'll start with Prismo. I had seen the weird little hissy Prismos in a picture somewhere, so I knew to expect something nasty about him. I didn't count on the small bearded man being the same person, though.

:( When I saw the title card for this episode I had assumed the beardy man was Finn's dad. When he asked The Lich "are you my son?" I was like waaaaaaaaah? I'm also quite sad that Prismo is gone-gone, not "he might be back later"... that's going to be tough on Jake.

The Lich turning into a giant baby is hilarious, but I doubt it will last. I also found it pretty funny that both Peppermint Butler and Death were scared of him!

Finn's dad - what. an. ass. I guess he might have never known he had a son, and as such wasn't going to believe Finn... but I suspect he might have been a prisoner, not a hero... which makes me wonder why Billy would tell Finn about his imprisonment. Seeing as Billy is a hero and all that.

Finn and his arm - Owch. :(

But I did like the little white flower that popped out of his stump. :3 I nearly cried when Jake sat down next to him and Shelby curled up on his knee. Poor boy. I suspect either the flower will grow him a neat new grass-arm-blade type thing, since the curse stated the sword becomes bound to the owner. I wonder if it means the big beefy grass arm will wither and die, and the flower signifies the sword is still bound to Finn... like a grassy Soul Reaver to Raziel! :D

That, or PB will make him a new arm like she did for Shoko...

Anyways... I'm interested to see where this goes. Perhaps Finn and Flame Princess can talk about how their dads suck?! :D

• Thumbs Up 3

I still can't believe

that was Finn's dad. I kept thinking to myself "No way, this isn't Finn's dad. He's a total douche and doesn't even recognize him. He's just leading him on to further his own needs. But no, that's apparently really his dad. I was actually hoping the Lich would turn out to be his dad, crazy as that might sound.

After a really heavy 2 part season premiere, James II gives us a break from that and takes us back into a more comedic and lighthearted feeling episode, which is a pretty good one. Also, it’s a bit weird that no one acknowledges Finn’s floral stump arm, but it looks like it’ll get attention in next week’s episode judging by the previews. 

Highlights: The Weeping Willy, Finn: “Is this James Heaven?”, Finn: “I’ve been to your funeral like 25 times!”, the Banana Guards who all look alike not grasping the idea behind clones, Banana Guard: “I like long stories.”, Banana Guard: “I was telling this to the guys. If we look alike, we should just have the same name. It would just make it a little easier. Life, that is. It would make life a little easier.” (Wipes tear from his eye.), Finn, PB, and Jake watching the Banana Guards trying to catch the Jameses, Goopy Candy monsters attacking the kingdom, one of the Banana Guards getting stab by its own spike, Finn punting a candy orphan back into the Candy Kingdom, Jameses forming into one clumped up James, Finn:“Dat’s my boiiii, Jameses!”, and PB awarding them back their medals and telling them to go into the wasteland.

• Thumbs Up 2

Finn attempts at his hand or shall we say “Phantom Limb” in Minecraft as he builds a tower into space for some daddy vengeance. A really good episode overall with neat visuals of the tower overlooking the land and space and brings in good development to Finn and PB for intervening and making Finn forget his daddy issues/revenge (for now). Also, I like Carroll the cloud woman.  

Highlights: Finn’s candy arm causing spaghetti destruction, Finn’s Magic Finn Arm or telekinetic electro-emotional prosthesis , Jake: “Pfft. TMLO, princess.” PB: “What does that mean?” Jake: “That Means Lay Off.” Finn’s song: “Baby’s building a tower into space, Space is where he’s gonna find his dad. Daddy’s got an arm And baby’s gonna harm his arm By tearing it off his dad.”, the construction of the tower and how Ooo is getting dismembered, Carroll the cloud woman, Carroll: “Get out of my house or I’m going to faceblaaaaaaaast you.”, Carroll: “I just thought about my anxieties, and it’s like my mind-hand touched a hot memory stove.”, Carroll: “Finn! What’s it like up there? I’m thinking I could turn into space ice, or something.”, the parts with the deer,  Finn reaching space and hallucinating, Finn punching his ‘dad’ and contemplating about revenge after trying to pull his favorite arm off, and the dismantling of the tower that crashes into the Candy kingdom and hurts PB. 

Talk about a tale of a tail, Jake’s tail that is, in Adventure Time’s latest installment. It was a pretty good episode that feels like a tribute to silent films esp. with the Jake’s tail never talking and the whole scene transitions. Not to mention how odd yet interesting that something like Jake’s tail, a body part, is given character. Also, am I the only one who is reminded of A Bug’s Life with the whole traveling bug circus?

Highlights: NEPTR and BMO hanging out at night, Blue Nose’s first act with the orange stand and the bee marionette, Ringleader: “Too much artsy, not enough fartsy. We talked about this, clown!”, Goralina the Chipmunk and the havoc she caused, Ringleader: “You’re gonna have to lose the fancy shmancy stuff and give the people what they want. Got it?!”, Blue Nose’s second act where he had to give up artistic integrity to entertain the masses, Ant father: “Aren’t you glad we came back for the second show?”, Ringleader: “I wanna see how many boxcars this gravy train has on it.”, Blue Nose beating up the circus bugs and escaping with Goralina, Blue Nose smiling and retracing back to the treehouse in the morning, and BMO and NEPTR: “Neat!”