Awoo.

Sonic Colours: New Wii/DS game

Remy

an hot off the presses announcement for you, kittens.

LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO (May 26th, 2010) SEGA ® Europe Ltd. & SEGA ® America, Inc. today announced Sonic ™ Colours, the new high-speed adventure of our famous hero Sonic the Hedgehog. Struggling with saving a colorful alien race fall into the clutches of Dr. Eggman, Sonic will face many obstacles along an inspired sci-fi themed amusement park. Sonic Colours will be available on Wii ™ and Nintendo DS ™ at the end of 2010.

A unique playground has been seen orbiting the planet of Sonic the Hedgehog. Some rumors speak of an alien race called wisps, with a rare colored energy, which is now imprisoned here, by the evil Dr. Eggman. Sonic, once arrived on the planet's entertainment, you can use immediately made aware of this rare power to help colored wisps in the escape! The Wii version of Sonic Colours combines both 2D and 3D gaming perspective, while the Nintendo DS version takes advantage of the characteristics of the double-screen console.

"The lively alien universe of Sonic Colours allows players to race at breakneck speed along amazing planets, each with its peculiarities and unique visual style." Comment on Gary Knight, Senior Vice President of Marketing SEGA. "In addition to classic Sonic gameplay, new power-wisps, they offer an innovative way to explore these new worlds and help Sonic to run faster than ever!"

The new Sonic hedgehog Colours see our dear speeding, jumping off himself among enemies like never before in a Sonic game. The aliens WISPs are able to free their "Colour Power" that can be absorbed by Sonic drilling to create new roads, for example, the ground (via the Yellow Drill), or go through the whole internship at supersonic speed (thanks to Cyan Laser). Combining the different available energies can further increase the speed of Sonic and his abilities beyond imagination. Lots of power ups and exclusive versions will be available for Wii and Nintendo DS for a brand new super-fast gameplay of Sonic for fans around the world.

Sonic Colours will be available on Wii ™ and Nintendo DS ™ at the end of 2010.

ahahahah! who would've thought I of all people would be first to this. :|

Anyway, it sure is some tease huh. Go nuts!

• Thumbs Up 3

OK, when I read the press release I was thinking 'Uhoh, what have SonicTeam been smoking this time?'

But then I saw the teaser, and I fucking loved it, the look and feel of it all is marvellous. I was worried the aliens would be some weird generic humanoid green dudes, but I loved what they've actually come up with. Can't wait to find out more about this presumably at E3!

I can see the SMG resemblance however...just have to wait and see what develops, I hope this is able to stand out by itself.

Edited by ENVY16

0_0

Color (lol) me excited! The teaser has that awesome classic feel!

I'm hoping this can be a good addition to the Wii library... to be frank, there isn't a single Sonic game on the Wii (aside from Sonic 4) that seems like a truly great game for the hedgehog. I think this could be that game... how long has it been in development though? Late 2010? So what about the whole 20th Anniversary bit? Are they ignoring it?

And Remz, glad I'm not the only one who thought "Super Sonic Galaxy"

GREEN HILL GALAXY. BELIEVE!!!!

Edited by Indigo Dude
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

This... came out of nowhere.

I'm so confused after seeing the trailer... like.. speechless, and my mind is full of fuck.

Why is it Wii/DS exclusive? Is it gonna be a mini game fest? Will it be another Super Sonic embarrassment to the franchise?

Uuuuuggggh D:

I'm hoping this can be a good addition to the Wii library... to be frank, there isn't a single Sonic game on the Wii (aside from Sonic 4) that seems like a truly great game for the hedgehog. I think this could be that game... how long has it been in development though? Late 2010? So what about the whole 20th Anniversary bit? Are they ignoring it?

There isn't one on the 360 or ps3 either

http://www.instantrimshot.com ;D

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm so confused after seeing the trailer... like.. speechless, and my mind is full of fuck.

Why is it Wii/DS exclusive? Is it gonna be a mini game fest? Will it be another Super Sonic embarrassment to the franchise?

Embarrassment, maybe, mini game fest, I really doubt it.

I'm picturing... day time levels of unleashed fornicate with SMG and some other random gimmick slapped all over them whilst they do their thang

I think this could be that game... how long has it been in development though? Late 2010? So what about the whole 20th Anniversary bit? Are they ignoring it?

I'm pretty sure if there was a 20th Anniversary game, it would be released on the 360 and PS3 as well (if not exclusively). I imagine this is the title to pass the time at the end of 2010 (to fit in with Sonic 4's original Summer 2010 timeline) before Summer 2011 for the 20th Anniversary. This is probably SA2's Sonic Shuffle and Sonic06's Sonic Riders.

If that made any sense....

Edited by ENVY16
  • Thumbs Up 1

There isn't one on the 360 or ps3 either

http://www.instantrimshot.com ;D

Touche, mon bon ami.

Here's hopin'...

I'm pretty sure if there was a 20th Anniversary game, it would be released on the 360 and PS3 as well (if not exclusively). I imagine this is the title to pass the time at the end of 2010 (to fit in with Sonic 4's original Summer 2010 timeline) before Summer 2011 for the 20th Anniversary. This is probably SA2's Sonic Shuffle and Sonic06's Sonic Riders.

If that made any sense....

It did, but what does that make Sonic 4?

Edited by Indigo Dude

No mention of the anniversary in either the trailer or press release, I imagine they're saving that game for E3, if not later.

curiously, this probably means they have like... 4 Sonic the Hedgehog games in development. (sonic 4, SC wii, SC DS, anniversary game)

Tails is in the teaser, I am intrigued.

Wii/DS? It turns out I can play this, sounds interesting.

I wouldn't mind a short platformer title, as long as it has Tails playable.

"Can you spin with all the colors in the rainbow?..."

Definitely looks interesting, however I'm probably most excited about Tails possibly being playable in a 2D game again.

• Thumbs Up 1

So let me get this right. The Wisps ask Sonic for help as Dr.Eggman has taken over their amusement park in space which spans over several planets. Each planet has it's own surreal environment I suppose.

The gameplay is possibly like Sonic Unleashed's Sonic levels, and he uses the Wisp's unique powers to grant him power ups.

First of all, this sounds like Mario Galaxy. Secondly, this sounds freaking nice. Thirdly... I HAD THIS IDEA (Blue Blood... IS THIS NOT EXACTLY WHAT I MENTIONED TO YOU?). Bwahahaha.

Freaking happy. Perfect teaser and brilliant premise (if i do say so myself =P).

I just knew there would be a new 3D game shown at E3. Glad this is it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Don't really know what to say. Looks colorful*shot*

I can see people calling Mario Galaxy clone by just the mere mention of interplanetary travel.

I can see this game being a nice fun game with many different unique abilities that aid the gameplay, or just a very basic gimmick fest with the gameplay consisting of a few unoriginal and unwieldy abilities.

I am glad to have a Sonic game that actually has POWERUPS again.

And what sounds like a simpler "Eggman does bad thing go save thing" story, and with a lack of Chaos Emeralds mentioned looks to be a deviation from the usual "Must getz Emerooowds" plot crutch.

Also, inb4gaaaysoniklololololololol

Edited by Black Spy

So let me get this right. The Wisps ask Sonic for help as Dr.Eggman has taken over their amusement park in space which spans over several planets. Each planet has it's own surreal environment I suppose.
The press release is google translated form italian, so who knows!

omg, floating planets--- SONIC CD SPIRITUAL SUCCESSOR

I'm loving how Tails is in the teaser too. He's side-by-side with Sonic again, hopefully less as a techy and more as a bronik.

This makes me feel so much better about the Sonic 4 delay too. I thought the months leading to Sonic 4's release would be long and boring but now we have this rather... colourful game to occupy our interests ;).

Too bad we'll have to wait till E3 for real footage (most likely). Really hope this game is polished and not low budget. And of course, I wonder who's making it.

It did, but what does that make Sonic 4?

I've been trying to think of the answer to that question and I can't really get one. Perhaps the main reason Dimps are helping with Sonic 4 are to help Sonic Team with their workload as they juggle 3 games? That being their share of Sonic 4, Sonic Colours and the 20th Anniversary game. How many games do they tend to handle at a time, do they usually make 3 at the same time?

Edited by ENVY16

rlxtf5.jpg

o0pl6d.jpg

<3 <3 <3

This really twanged on a huge nostalgia nerve of mine.

Don't disappoint, SEGA!

Edited by Indigo Dude
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

OMG OMG NEW SAWNICK GAME EXCITED EXCITED

Why, I love the look of the trailer. It's so bright and colourful and full of prettyful rainbows and happiness. And Sonic. It makes me want to hug a basket full of kittens.

Also, new aliens are ultra kawaii desu, ne? ^_^

So, Sonic Team's juggling around 4 new Sonic games at once now? Not surprised. That's what they usually end up doing anyways.

And if this entire game goes without a Black Arms reference in it anywhere I will be disappoint.

Looks intriguing so far - can definitely see the similarities to SMG, at first I thought it was some random fan trailer mixing the two lol :huh:

I'm glad there is another title coming out to whet our appetites before the 20th Anniversary game. I think it's fair to have it Wii/DS exclusive tbh as people always complain when a PS3/360 is short/too easy/etc. but on the Wii/DS it would seem more fun perhaps and would hopefully use the controls of both systems. :)

Now maybe that's the 'exclusive' that ONM were going to have for the next issue of their magazine?

Can't wait now, 4 and Colours and then the 20th Anniversary game (we all assume :P ). Hurry up and finish summer, you've had your day - we want Sonic!