Awoo.

Nintendo @ E3 2010

Patticus

Nintendo had an awesome conference for their fans. They pretty much broke open the IP vault and showered the audience with nostalgia. In contrast, it makes Microsoft's conference look even worse.

Two down, one more left. Doubtable Sony can equal the fangasm, but as long as they show some games it'll be good.

I'm incredibly impressed. One of the best conferences I've seen in years.

On top on Zelda (visually brilliant)...

- New Kirby

- New DKC

- Kid Icarus

All new games that sound awesome! As well as much more. Oman. ^^

Plus HUGE IPs from other partys:

- MGS

- KH

And more.

Edited by SuperLink

Just about everything was a Nintendo IP. What was there for someone who wants to get interested into the Wii but with little history of Nintendo? My Wii is still on my desk and it's barely been used since Brawl came out. Other than Donkey Kong (Which did look fucking amazing), Sonic colours is the only thing thats making me consider buying a game for it since... well brawl.

It's not like there's any entry barrier to these franchises -> treat them as something new.

Nice job Nintendo. Nice job. 3DS is looking awesome and whatnot. Sad they never said when it was coming out though.

Edited by Torcano

I''m excited about new Kid Icarus and I've never even played the original game.

I was impressed. I'd really like to try to make something out of the Arwing in the 3DS commercial, but then if I do that would mean another handheld installment, wouldn't it? Whatever, it was a great conference. I'll look forward to updates on Zelda, seeing as what we saw wasn't very satisfying initially. The whip is a neat feature, but other things like altering the bomb's trajectory and steering a beetle I could care less for.

Fuck. Missed it.

Fuuuuccckkk.

Anyone know where I can watch it?

It's 3am here in australia and I have to go to school in 4 hours, what's your excuse?

• Thumbs Up 1

If you check out Nintendo's site they've still got an interesting interview about Skyward Sword.

Also lol people who thought they'd spend an hour on the Vitality Sensor.

They were too scared of Ubisofts ENERGY sensor.

Damn... soooo much stuff...

Zelda was obvious. I was seriously screaming about the "cell-shaded," though, until I search online quick and realized that it look nothing like Wind Waker, after which I was happy.

Seriously, though... Donkey Kong? Kid Icarus? Kirby? Kingdom Hearts?! Sweet... Also hints at a new Star Fox game. Cool.

Still not sure about 3DS. Maybe I'll pick one up eventually.

If you check out Nintendo's site they've still got an interesting interview about Skyward Sword.

What's more laughable: The people who assumed the worst from Nintendo or the people or immediately started self-gratifying when Microsoft threw everything to shit?

• Thumbs Up 1

They were too scared of Ubisofts ENERGY sensor.

It looks like someone has already one-upped Nintendo's conference before it even happened.

Crafty!

Aww, poor Rem. Always staying up so late for the Nintendo E3, every year. Tut tut. D:

Anyways I'm really glad that I can now finally dust off my Wii and buy a couple more games for it. =D Poor thing hasn't been used since last year.

Edited by Holland

Ninty's press conference was certainly better than MS, but for bloody heck's sake, lose the figures already!

But there was still nothing to excite me. The 3DS is currently failing on me till I have one in my hand and they explain to me how the 3D works!

Game wise, Epic Mickey was highlight for me, followed by Golden sun and Metroid. Everything else was a bit meh.

It's like people finally remembered what E3 conferances were meant to be like.

Aww, poor Rem. Always staying up so late for the Nintendo E3, every year. Tut tut. D:

This year I barely even got to mock!

What's more laughable: The people who assumed the worst from Nintendo or the people or immediately started self-gratifying when Microsoft threw everything to shit?

The latter, to be sure.

Just noticed that there's no Vitality Sensor...goes to show how much I cared about it.

Is Nintendo actually scrapping their horrid gimmick add-ons in favor of great games? :D

I didn't even see the Microsoft E3 for this year. Judging from everyone's reaction, it must've sucked. Anyone have a link to where I can watch a clean cut of it just for comparison? Youtube only gives me shitty fan footage from it.

I have never been this impressed over a conference in forever. Ninty, you rocked.

It felt like we were back in the glory days when Wii was nearing the launch release. All of them games man, all of them games. I dont know which psyches me more, Donkey Kong's or Kirby's return. Both of them were huge expectations that felt like grasping for straws. The 3DS looks fantastic as well, and Epic Mickey looks better than ever. Zelda looks really pleasing, it looks like its mixing the best of the two Link styles and atleast that works.

I have a really hard time seeing how Sony can do anything to win this conference over. They'll have to focus on the IPs if they're going to get anywhere, but for now, Nintendo is the current king of the hill. I'm amazed. The fact that expectations weren't even that high was even more pleasing.

Edited by Columind
  • Thumbs Up 2

Feed it Microsoft, feed it Sony, the 3DS is NOT a phony. There are so many games on that list I am amazed at, that my dicks hard.

• Thumbs Up 2

I just remembered that there was no Pikmin 3 this year. D:

I didn't really get my hopes up since Nintendo didn't say anything about it, but I was still kinda hoping...

Ah well, it was still a great conference (from what I heard). I'm currently watching the huge chunk that I missed.

Fuck. Missed it.

Fuuuuccckkk.

Anyone know where I can watch it?

Go here and skip forward until you find the beginning (I think it's around 1 hour in)

EDIT: Whoa, look at all those 3DS games! Yay, new Sonic* and Paper Mario on the 3DS! :D

*Ok, Sonic's not really a surprise, but I'm still excited for it.

Edited by gamerguy21

Holy fuck. Super IV? Snake Eater? Those two portable is, even ignoring all of the 3D stuff, is... epic.