Awoo.

Nintendo Power : Sonic Colors Almost Plays Like Sonic Unleashed - Sonic Teams Wants to use the Crazy Level Design from the old games+2 Zones confirmed

spiny blue

Thanks to my awesomeness I have read the issue of Nintendo Power featuring the game:

The game looks pretty nice, think of it as a prettier looking version of the Wii version of Unleashed, the two zones that were featured were Sweet Mountain zone, and Tropical Reservoir zone, and the former is a mountain of pastries, the said they wanted to include the crazy level designs from the old games, which is fine by me. It also said that in the 3D sections it will focus more on running from A-B akin to the Daytime stages of Unleashed, while the 2D sections will be more for platforming.

The DS version, can easily be called Sonic Rush 3, it looks exactly like those games, even the tension gauge is there, they said it would be similar to the Wii version.

Tails appears in the story but Sonic will be the only playable, they said the story is simple, light, and goofy, which is fine by me. Knuckles, and Shadow may also make an appearance in the game.

If someone has scans, please show them, because seeing it, is better than me explaining it.

Oh and Eggmanland makes a return, Yaaayyyy.

Source: http://www.findthecomputerroom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=1928&p=81414#p81414

• Thumbs Up 1

Why not just call it Sonic Rush 3?

Otherwise that doesn't tell me much other than it's Wii Sonic Unleashed without Werehog, of which wasn't as good as the HD versions.

I think it would be better if we had the Nintendo Power shots for the information instead of a different forum.

Might as well comment my thoughts if this is actually a potential lead tho.

If this is true, then I'm curious as to what role Shadow and Knuckles would play. Since the setting is on an intergalactic scale, Shadow has a really high chance at appearing. He could be used as a way of getting around planet to planet without relying too much on space ships, while a space station is used as the main base of their operations in terms of Eggman's involvment and the Wisps.

Knuckles however is a different story, since he's not as easy to incorporate into plots unless there's some involvment of the Master Emerald, and he really shouldn't ditch that just to help Sonic and Tails when guarding it is probably in the best interest of the universe itself...or at least the Earth and anything else that may be threatened by it's misuse.

I just hope at the very least Knuckles isn't around just to complete the Classic Trio. I would very much prefer him to stay out if that was the case. The Master Emerald could very well be a helpful plot device in the game.

• Sonic News

Haha, awesome...I'll see what I can do about putting this up on SSN. I'd kinda like to wait for scans for a confirmation, though...

Why not just call it Sonic Rush 3?

Because then people would get it confused with Project Needlemouse. ;)

"Sweet Mountain Zone involves Sonic running over a landscape of pastries"?

HMM.

I'm all for acid-trip levels, but willing suspension of disbelief can go only so far. I mean... where (and more relevantly WHY) would Robotnik get all the flour in space?

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 2

I think it would be better if we had the Nintendo Power shots for the information instead of a different forum.

Might as well comment my thoughts if this is actually a potential lead tho.

If this is true, then I'm curious as to what role Shadow and Knuckles would play. Since the setting is on an intergalactic scale, Shadow has a really high chance at appearing. He could be used as a way of getting around planet to planet without relying too much on space ships, while a space station is used as the main base of their operations in terms of Eggman's involvment and the Wisps.

Knuckles however is a different story, since he's not as easy to incorporate into plots unless there's some involvment of the Master Emerald, and he really shouldn't ditch that just to help Sonic and Tails when guarding it is probably in the best interest of the universe itself...or at least the Earth and anything else that may be threatened by it's misuse.

I just hope at the very least Knuckles isn't around just to complete the Classic Trio. I would very much prefer him to stay out if that was the case. The Master Emerald could very well be a helpful plot device in the game.

i don't think shadow and knuckles , knuckles and shadow doesn't fit a calm story line since this game is aimed for kids.

one fear i have about this game , i hope it isn't like the black knight limited movements (which was reasonable because of the sword play but it doesn't fit adventure platforming game).

if the guy who claims he read nintendo power is true (which i think he is) . i think the wisps powerups shall be used on 2D Parts which are based on platforming (might as well be fast).

Knuckles: Hey Sonic, you're saving the princess of Soleanna and riding around on hoverboards!? Let me help!

Sonic: What about the Master Emerald?

Knuckles: What Master Emerald?

• Thumbs Up 4

If I see Sonic running along a giant chilidog, my money will go to this game.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Tails appears in the story but Sonic will be the only playable,

;_;

I hope we at least get some Sonic 2- styled Sonic & Tails action.

Edited by Ferno
  • Thumbs Up 1

Knuckles and Shadow, really? Well it'll be nice to see Knuckles I guess. I always miss seeing his gorgeous ugly mug when he isn't in a game.

The DS version like Sonic Rush 3? Guess that means I'm buying it. Wanna see how both versions look tho'.

Unleashed style makes me frown, but if it's like the Wii version rather than the HD versions, I might actually tolerate it, because the Wii version was actually fun to an extent, and didn't have fake difficulty up the wazoo. Sonic Rush 3? Hell yes.

I'm curious what the hell the point is of making what appears to be two completely different games and calling them the same thing. Maybe Sega are preparing for the critical fallout of the Wii game by calling the probably-better DS game the same thing to fuck with people? That's all I got.

So this info is like two days old and it gets around NOW?!

And WTF at the lack of scans, that wouldn't be so if I had the issue, who do you think brought you all scans of Epic Mickey HMM? :P

Edited by Hero of Legend

Is anyone else getting a Rayman "Candy Château" vibe from the idea behind the Sweet Mountain level? I really hope it's a lot like the former but speedier and with more general foodstuffs.

The original games were often littered with wacky and crazy level concepts so why shouldn't this be a good thing? I'm feeling quite positive about this game so far!

Is anyone else getting a Rayman "Candy Château" vibe from the idea behind the Sweet Mountain level? I really hope it's a lot like the former but speedier and with more general foodstuffs.

Actually I'm getting more of a "Sweet Sweet Galaxy' vibe, and this is coming from someone who hasn't compared this and Galaxy at all. I know it may bad to say this about a space game, but I've got a bad feeling about this...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Sweet Mountain zone.....a mountain of pastries....
Wow, really? I'm really hoping this game doesn't go too far trying to imitate Mario Galaxy.

It sounds like it's not going to be on rails though, which is good.

Hey, remember that level genres thread that we had a while back? The one where we came to the general consensus that Sonic has been everywhere except a food-based level?

Well damn. Sonic Team's going to have to keep on smoking whatever they are on now to come up with some original level designs for the next game.

Totally excited for pastry level though. I love food-based environments, especially ones based around desserts!

Edited by HunterTSF

Because then people would get it confused with Project Needlemouse. ;)

"Sweet Mountain Zone involves Sonic running over a landscape of pastries"?

HMM.

I'm all for acid-trip levels, but willing suspension of disbelief can go only so far. I mean... where (and more relevantly WHY) would Robotnik get all the flour in space?

I dunno man, why is Sonic a giant blue hedgehog who can fluently speak english?

• Thumbs Up 2

Now scans? Lame. Only Sonic? Lame. Gotta give them that one though. For years it's what people were asking for, cause they didn't realise if was the alternate play styles that were ruining the games.

Sweet Mountain sounds pretty extreme if it's real. I know Sonic levels in the past made you fee like you were high or something, but damn. That's something else. Crazy in fact. Probably too close for comfort withi these S<MG comparisons. And if Eggmanland really does return, then that's fantastic. It'll be like Death Egg again!

EDIT: This isn't even confirmed yet, though. I would have expected to hear more about the Wisps (clearly I care about these guys =P). Without the info going more in depth, and with no scans, anyone could have made it up. Let's wait and see what happens.

Edited by Blue Blood

A promising start. Hopefully the level designs like they say, are like the day time stages from Sonic Unleashed. Since everyone wanted a full game of something like the day time stages, will here we go! B)

Another 2D game? = Sonic Rush 3 type of game play? Well im pretty happy actually! Seems like Sega is really pushing for 2D lately and thats how Sonic should be in my opinion.