Awoo.

Video Game Nicknames

novelty

I decided to create this topic to focus on one thing: Video Game Nicknames. Other than me (...Squirtle, sounds familiar...), I know another girl who I call her "Starfox" because she loves Stars and she's called "Foxxy". I took advantage of this chance to say anything with her nickname (such as "We are not prepared for this, Starfox" or "You did a great job, Starfox"). I remember one time that I almost laughed because I said "Good Work, Starfox, now aim for the center".

Do you have any friends/family/cats/dogs/platypuses that have nicknames related to video games? Do you use (and abuse) the fact that he or she has a video game nickname?

Me! Oh pick me! ME!

I might go as Zabel as my new alias "nickname" because it is an epic name. Besides it deprives from zombie which the character is based off of.

Spoiler: That's his japanese name. His american name is Lord Raptor.

Oh and my bird's real name is Falco Lombardi but we call him Bird because its easier to remember. lol

My friends call my one friend and I Sackboys (or "Sacky") because we love LittleBigPlanet. We call each other this, too. Some of my friends also call me Sonic (They Call Me Sonic...Cause I am faster than sound I keep on jumpin around... ha...ha... sorry *shot*) because of my obvious love for Sonic.

Kinda lame, I know, but no one in my life/school is a gamer, so they only know the basics.

• Thumbs Up 3

Can't really think of any occasion other than when I had my pet hedgehog who I bluntly named Sonic after the fast-food joint of course *shot*. Other than that, can't say that I have other than generic names like "ninja" for my friend who thinks he's a ninja at times and stuff.

Erm, but yes, my friends call me Nebula from Sonic 2, since I tend to drop my balls a lot in public, ;D.

-Blur

I know someone from school that I usually call Dan "The Man." Its good fun for both of us because he get's the reference, and his name is actually Dan so it works anyways.

We have a rabbit we named Cream (But its a boy >_>) and my sister has this toy horse thats big enough to ride on that she calls Epona. It was my idea, she'S only 6 and she got when she was like 4...

My cat's name is Misty. I wasn't the one who named her and any video game connections are unintentional, but she still reminds me of Pokemon. Does that count?

If we ever get a boy cat, I really wanna name it Ash.

At school, some friends call me Mr. Pokémon, as I'm normally their go-to guy for competitive info, whether it be about stats, movesets, what items to equip, where to place EVs, etc.

Yup, that was me in Gold and Silver. I discovered that Togepi egg. :P

Me and one of my mates share names between each other, I called him Tails and he calls me Sonic :P Because we're awsome like that :D he even made a sticker saying sonic for me to put on the back of my phone! :)

At school, some friends call me Mr. Pokémon, as I'm normally their go-to guy for competitive info, whether it be about stats, movesets, what items to equip, where to place EVs, etc.

Yup, that was me in Gold and Silver. I discovered that Togepi egg. :P

That reminds me: I call my brother Mr. Pokemon, though that's purely just to piss him off (specifically, I pronounce it as "Mr. Poke-oo-mons") rather than the affectionate type of nickname alluded to in the OP.

Edited by Tornado

Sometimes I called my dog Ellie "Tails" and then she looks like tails abit when her ears pop up when she hears something so cute =D and my Username is also a nickname for me Crash after Crash bandicoot games offline from my mates XD =D

One of my friends calls me "Big Boss", and I liked it at first, but

SPOILER ALERT

I'm kind of wondering if I should be honored or take that with a grain of salt, due to Extra Ops 68.

SPOILER END

I've never really had any, but now people keep calling me Sonic because of my hair (even though it looks nothing like him beyond being spiky :P) and because they all know I'm a Sonic fan.

Ever since pre-school I was known as Yoshi due to me loving Mario so much and to the similarity it has to Josh, even moreso in Swedish. To this day a great number of friends still call me that.

My peers at school call me "Sonic Kid", although this is usually said in a derogatory fashion; it seems, you see, that roughly five people in Essex (barring me) have decent taste in videogames. Why is it that I find myself forced to learn and reap information amongst such troglodytes?

Some people looked to me as Shadow or Sonic. To more others, I'm the Doctor.

I know that my bag was named Chris, after Chris Redfield beacuse of one Barry line "Chris and I are old Partners you know." and that bag had lasted me 6 years. Then he burst. My new bag was named after chip from Sonic Unleashed as he was replacing an old sidekick (Chip replaced tails in that game) and there always seemed to be chocolate in there.

Some people looked to me as Shadow or Sonic. To more others, I'm the Doctor....

So, did you actually taste the 23 flavors of Dr. Pepper? If so, that must be really awesome to be the Doctor that makes everyone feel good.

/pun_syntax

Anyways, Do you actually use any Video Game Nicknames in phrases and what are they? For example, I say to my cousin "Thanks a lot, Kakarot" unintentionally when I am sarcastically pissed.

Edited by Squirtle

Okay... I never told anyone this... I promised myself that I would take this to my grave, but I will share this with all of you. See, I video game nickname is-- Oh wait... SPOILER ALERT! ...It's the one of many, Yoshi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g9WjcGdxuM

Yeah, hard to belief. But hear me out! ...Well, one obvious bit was because Yoshi is my favorite character of all time. If there's something with him in it, I will use him as my main character. Even in the Super Smash bros. series, where he's considered on of the worse characters in the game! I still use him. (And I do a fine job too! [/pride])

Now as for characteristic. A lot of my friends sees me as a nice guy and easy going. For someone my size, I can run pretty quickly. Plus, I love fruit! It's my favorite food group. Also, this one time... Their was a girl, and best friend, who had a terrible headache in high school. So I carried her to the school clinic.

Edited by YoshiUnity: Larry Butz