Awoo.

Sonic Colors Footage From E3

azoo

Best 3D Sonic ever. Calling now.

Looks essentially like Unleashed 360 but for the Wii and ring loss, and even tighter controls.

Edited by Azure Lakeara Zone

I hate it when noobs are at the controls... I is sad. T^T

But the game itself looks great though.

Edited by Ferno

Holy shit cakes! Looks fantastic. Okay so the player somewhat terrible. They have the Eggman springs again, and jellybeans.

Azukara, can you be super awesome and update that post with new videos as they come?

I can't even tell what the player is trying to do n.n; Would have been nice if someone had uploaded footage of a bit more of the stage, rather than just 20+ seconds of being stuck at the same spot XD

Visually looks lovely, though!

Yes. Unleashed PS3 handling rather than Wii version. Very nice.

Sonic still looks a bit slidy though. I would have hoped that could have been adjusted some.

Edited by SykoTech

Lawd, that's pretty. Poor player or not, I am impressed.

...did I just see Sonic use the Screw Attack?

That looks like Unleashed 360. There's almost no compromise. It looks almost exactly like it.

This is THE best Wii game I think I have ever seen in the graphics department. It's absolutely gorgeous.

As for the gameplay, looks like some good stuff! That high-speed from Unleashed meets some clever platforming... now the challenge factor has to be up to snuff. That's my only worry at this point.

EDIT: at around 12 seconds in... did Sonic do a double jump?

Edited by EXshad

I'm adoring how slower and more precise it looks. The acceleration, and control of that acceleration looks spot on.

It looks like you can easily move slowly enough to make more precise movement, but you still have a high top speed that lets you be, well, Sonic. And you look like you can turn smoothly, not so jerky that you turn at awkward 90 degree angles, yet not so loose that directions come off more like vague suggestions.

Edited by Black Spy

Holy shit cakes! Looks fantastic. Okay so the player somewhat terrible. They have the Eggman springs again, and jellybeans.

Azukara, can you be super awesome and update that post with new videos as they come?

Yes indeed I will do that! :D

...when I can of course.

Hmmm....springs that send you backwards and into a missile, and have Eggman faces, I wonder if they're tricks?*sarcasm*

Though, as frustrating as it is for us watching, it is his his/her first time playing, and everyone knows you play worse on camera. *Points to Skyward Sword demonstration, and countless Let's Plays*

Edited by Ekaje

Holy JELLYBEANS this looks freaking awesome wow , jesus i've lost more pants than lives on Sonic 3 this E3 Week this year XD hopefully Sega will show footage on E3 2010 Live Stage show on Gamespot :)

Edited by Crash

This inspires confidence, as far as 30 seconds of offscreen footage of a tiny area by a terrible player can.

Looks infinitely more controllable than Unleashed Wii, which was basically my biggest concern. Giant jellybean missiles are cool. And...what is that at about 10 seconds in? Looks like some sort of tiny double jump. Maybe that replaces the homing attack when you're not locked on?

Hmmm....springs that send you backwards and into a missile, and have Eggman faces, I wonder if they're tricks?

They are tricks. They were in Unleashed as well. Don't remember if they were in the Wii version, but they existed in massed in the HD version.

I hate when people like this reveal gameplay footage, why the hell does he keep springing backwards? Is he TRYING to get hit by the missile thing?

• Thumbs Up 1

I hate when people like this reveal gameplay footage, why the hell does he keep springing backwards? Is he TRYING to get hit by the missile thing?

He's trying to make Sawnik look bad. D:

Skittles is not pleased!

• Thumbs Up 1

Look closely. They're Eggman springs.

Stunned at the graphics... They've obviously done a real overhaul on the graphics engine since Unleashed Wii - in fact it looks closer to the 360 Unleashed (though I wouldn't go quite that far, that game is beautiful), with the same jumping effect, animations etc. I guess they've Mario Galaxied the graphics up as well.

Controls look a little slippery but that's standard for speedy Sonic, usually once you're at full speed the controls tighten up, just not good for slow moving, so I'm not bothered about that...

Cool stuff, can't wait to see more!!

I can see they're Eggman springs but I'd have thought the guy would learn the first time that they're no good.

That small area already looks more impressive than the dull, flat areas of Sonic Unleashed Wii. I'm excited.

I can see they're Eggman springs but I'd have thought the guy would learn the first time that they're no good.

Springs almost always lead to good things. Someone who missed out on Unleashed would certainly have to stop and take a take a second to think about the “hahahaha” sound the Eggy springs are inclined to make.

I loved the Eggy springs. Not only were they funny in an annoying sense, but they usually were put in places that you felt the urge to spam the lock-on homing attack. It serves as a great counter balance.

Edited by Gallia

Wow. This squashes my fear of empty looking highway areas in the 3D sections. Obstacles and actual ledges to jump up on. This looks great! That thing is like a Bullet Bill. The double jump on Sonic... the backwards springs! Something in a 3D game that's not shoving us forward? I love Unleashed-gen Sonic.

^ Tsk. I don't think it's something to be worried about this time.

1. Unlevel ground is uncommon in 3D Sonic games. That Sonic can jump up and go down these steps is important.

2. There were no speed boosters. Instead we get a spring sending us backwards. I don't remember seeing speed traps like this in 3D before.

3. The huge Candy Bill sets up a platforming game where Sonic must get up on the walkway and down to cover before the bullet comes.

Seriously this is like the most platforming I've seen Sonic do in one place since 2001.