Awoo.

Sonic Colors Footage From E3

azoo

The more I see of this game the more I really want to get it. The way the levels are designed and the power ups look so fun, especially that lightning one.

Edited by Mimi

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Time to make a dreamcast cake to celebrate!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-sonic-colors/700486 Some more footage of Sweet Mountain Zone! Something I noticed is that this has much more alternate routes! I love that! Ive seen several places where you could go up to a rail or down for a loop, or going underground and even underground you can go several ways, and since you can go to new places via wisps (cyan for example) and since we dont know what the other wisps do...we may get even more places to go with other wisps!

Something sweet I discovered with this vid is that not only we are getting the egg-pawns and classic badniks...but also Unleashed badniks! (see attached pic) wich is great! 8D

NewandOldBadniks.png

Something sweet I discovered with this vid is that not only we are getting the egg-pawns and classic badniks...but also Unleashed badniks! (see attached pic) wich is great! 8D

That's actually a Spina and a Stinger/Buzzer, and neither of them originated from Sonic Unleashed. D:

The inclusion of past badniks in this game is totally awesome though. I can dig it. I still want to see a Motobug in a chef's hat though. Then my life will be complete.

Edited by Sweet Mountain Zone

That's actually a Spina and a Stinger/Buzzer, and neither of them originated from Sonic Unleashed. D:

The inclusion of past badniks in this game is totally awesome though. I can dig it.

They originated from Sonic Adventure so it's been 11 years since we've had that type of Bladed Spina stepping stones but they was mostly used in the SA1, 2D Sonic Advance games and I think Sonic Rush 1 then 3D return for Unleashed but renamed to Spinner yeah XD

I love seeing that Buzzer though the design looks very much like the Night werehog version but that cool though much better design than the Sonic 4 Buzzer

Edited by Crash

This game bugs me. But in a good way, but it bugs me because previous Wii titles could have been this good.

Well, it bugs me because of how crappy Sonic Unwiished was, and of how nice Sonic Colors looks. Even though when Sonic Colors was first announced, I laughed at it, because of how stupid the trailer was and how "ZOMG DON'T DO DRUGS KIDS!!!" everything seemed like, the actual game looks nice. I wish they would release a proper version of Sonic Unleashed for the Wii instead of that horrible version we have now...

EDIT: I just realized that maybe this game is the "proper" version of Sonic Unleashed for Wii. Since the current version of Sonic Unleashed for the Wii is just plain pathetic, they decided to make a new "kiddy-themed" Sonic game (IMO, Sonic Unleashed is kinda "kiddy-themed"), and by making Sonic Colors, they're redeeming themselves of the joke that was Sonic Unwiished. That way, Wii owners could finally get to play a game with Sonic Unleashed 360/PS3 quality. Thank you, SEGA, it's about time.

Edited by Chaos Rush
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've always been a strong defender of the last few Sonic games, but I honestly can't remember the last time I was this enthusiastic about an upcoming game. All I know is it better have some wall-jumping action from Unleashed added in (don't remember if I've seen any in the vids so far).

An expo goer shows us how not to play Sonic Colors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl3Ij72LAog

I can't wait to see his review.

"Although pretty with catchy music, the controls and level design are horrible full of glitches and constant deaths by endless pits."

Edited by Dusk the Alan Wake Keeper
  • Thumbs Up 1

The inclusion of past badniks in this game is totally awesome though. I can dig it. I still want to see a Motobug in a chef's hat though. Then my life will be complete.

My bad! you're right that Spina originated from Sonic Adventure. Though the design is similar to the Unleashed style :P I know that Stinger is not from Unleashed I just wanted to show a pic. But you're right either way I love they are including classic badniks :P

first of all: hey guys, I'm the new dude around here, lulz.

second: I'm totally in love with this game. First I thought it was just some gimicky stuff when I saw the announcement trailer, but it turns out to be absolutely stunning. The visuals are almost compareable to Sonic Unleashed PS360. It was about time that sega would do something acutally GOOD in 3D. Hopefully the other stages don't suck ballz, I have high hopes for this game.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

A whole act where Robotnik incoherently blabs out loud in the background?

Sold.

Hey guys can you do me a favor and gather up all the E3 footage that was shown (it can be from anywhere. gametrailers, youtube, etc.) and make a list of it?

I would appreciate it.

EDIT: Oh right both DS and wii. i'm reallyu lacking DS footage too.

Edited by goku262002

Alternatively, you could go through this topic and do the work yourself. Running a quick search on YouTube will work also as any footage from elsewhere has made its way to YT now.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

This might have been posted already, but here's a better version of the level from the second video:

Yes please. Anything that follows in the footsteps of the day stages is a must-buy for me. My only complaint is that I haven't seen anyone use the quick-step. I really hope it hasn't been removed, I think it added to the control scheme.

Edited by Speederino

If you ask me, it wasn't very useful outside of circumstances made expressly for it, and those weren't terribly interesting IMO either. It was pretty basic stuff

Then there's the matter of why do I have a button to move sideways in addition to the control stick.

Edited by Phos

If the game is doing 3D like Unleashed (which it is) and not like Adventure/06, then the quick step it a nice edition. Otherwise it's rathe pointless, much like strafing in ShTH.

I like the Quick Step. Even if it is often seen as mostly pointless I love how it works and gives Sonic a "so fast he seems to teleport" kind of effect.

Maybe later stages will have parts that will need or use it?