Awoo.

Screwattack's Video Preview

Detective Shadzter

http://screwattack.com/videos/Hands-On-Sonic-Colors-Wii-1

Screwattack's resident Sonic fan Ben gives us some more footage and impressions on the game, we get to see Nunchuk drifting in action though it doesn't appear to be very easy and Quick Step is shown and confirmed. Plenty of treasure to dig for with the Yellow Wisp too which looks to be pretty fun to control.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Badnik Zero

• Detective Shadzter

• Yong

• DaBatGuy

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks AWESOME.

Not too keen on the Nunchuk drifting but hopefully it'll be tuned up and/or alternate control methods will be available.

*eagerly awaits*

Great preview for getting the word out there, he speaks the truth that it looks great.

And there's some more platforming in the 3D areas. There are actually bricks stacked in that area. I might get to jump on something!

DS version of the vid is up. Lookin' pretty good.

Added to my news post, thanks for the heads up ;)

So Sonic can slide in the DS version too? Cool! By sliding your finger on the touch screen? Cool, but can you move your finger/thumb there from the buttons fast enough for it to be useful?

So I noticed they used the Reach for the Stars track in the Wii feature, but the DS one was Flying Battery. That's not from the game, is it?

Edited by Dabnikz

So I noticed they used the Reach for the Stars track in the Wii feature, but the DS one was Flying Battery. That's not from the game, is it?

Nah, it sounded like it was added after the video was recorded.

Not a fan of having to use the analog stick to Quick Step/switch rails, and the Nunchuck drifting isn't sounding good either. G-Cube functionality please. Or at least custom controls.

Level design is looking great though. And I'm finding the "mostly 2D" angle very appealing.

On the video itself, coming out of their first impressions vid of Black Knight, the fact that Ben came out with a positive attitude is definitely a good sign. Of course we've all been wrong before with initial builds.

Thinking on the quick step I'd rather have button presses for that. Drifting with the nunchuk though, uuugggghhhhhhh.

It's from the Sonic & Knuckles CD

Please remember Screwattack adds additional BGMs to their videos. The intro to their podcast is Armored Armadillo from Megaman X. So that's not coming from the game.

Looks like the quick step is only used in those "on rails" running on the walls sections. You can tell because the prompt is to move the analog stick and in normal gameplay that just regularly moves Sonic around.