Awoo.

Sonic Free Riders Music Thread

Shaddix Leto Croft

Overall, it's a great soundtrack! Lots of personality, some JSRF flavor. Here's hoping TSS does a soundtrack review. B)

I can totally hear Crush 40 doing a cover of Free.

It's definitely possible; they did a cover of Un-gravitify.

Then again, I wonder if this game will get a soundtrack of its own like the previous Riders entries.

Also, because I'm anal about things like this, Aquaslash's list should be changed to have "High-Flying Groove (Remix), and the Menu music should actually be "Start Up Your EX-Gear! (Remix)". :P

Edited by Ashram

I still can't get over "into the free, into the me"... best line in a song EVER.

In a 'so bad it's awesome' way, of course :lol:

Can't wait to hear the Crush 40 version!

Wow, and I thought this game wouldn't have an OST! Awesome! Also I can't wait for the Crush 40 version of Free!

Plus we'll get the official lyrics that way.

Oh, and VGMdb has the cover artwork and the tracklist. ^_^

• Thumbs Up 1

And this is being released before Colors's soundtrack? That is fucking hearsay.

Edited by Aquaslash

This is the best news after Crush 40 show at Summer of Sonic! I am very happy! :) Soon we will hear a new song from the best musical band in history of Sonic franchisee. Wheee!

And this is being released before Colors's soundtrack? That is fucking heresy.

Wait what? Free Riders came out earlier than Colours, so what's the problem?

WOO! I can't WAIT to hear Crush 40's version of Free! Their version of Un-Gravitify rocked my socks off last year, so I'm extremely hyped for this year's cover! 2010 continues to be the year of epicness! Crush 40's cover of Free is going to make this Christmas even more AWESOME! :D

Wait what? Free Riders came out earlier than Colours, so what's the problem?

I think Sean may be referencing the Japanese release dates, since these albums are only released there. In Japan Sonic Colours was released on the 18th November and Sonic Free Riders was released today. I'm not fussed about the order the albums are released myself.

Looking forward to hearing the Crush 40 version of "Free" :D

At first I wasn’t impressed with the vocal part. But then this drive and energy (which are characteristic of Crush 40 songs) enveloped me, and I felt something that was lacking in all latest soundtracks. As a result, style of this song is more like His World and Seven Rings in Hand - not too good vocals with excellent sound that full of energy.

I like this song, but I hope that in anniversary game we will get something different, closer to their old school style.

Now I'm waiting for the full version.

I dunno, I'm not too sold on it. This is the first time where the vocals are the poorest part.

Oh well, I'll give the full version a try anyway.

100% YES. Can't wait to hear the full version... and find a place to buy the frickin' CD! :blink:

I'm pretty sure I heard you will be able to buy signed copies of this on the Jun Senoue website. Rumoured I think but you can check it out.

Also.....This song is epic!

That is all.

Vocally, the "In the Wind, in the wind" parts sound a bit weird to me. It just seems a bit off. Other than that, Crush 40's version could be better than the original.

I would have loved a full instrumental version of Free, it sounded awesome in the first trailer.