Top Posters In This Topic

• Detective Shadzter

• TheNintendoWiiPlayer

• Blue Blood

• Speederino

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the heads-up! Epic footage is epic, love the hang glider sequence :D

One thing though, Sonic can't run on water now? :huh:

That hang glider bit was awesome damn I need a DSi really badly for this game this looks just as good on the DS than the Wii version looks good =D

Thanks for the heads-up! Epic footage is epic, love the hang glider sequence :D

One thing though, Sonic can't run on water now? :huh:

you are welcome.

i don't see any water part but sonic switches to 3D at 2:28

Wow Dimps where is all the Amazing effort which was wasted on the wii version of unleashed :mellow:

now i want Dimps to create the Wii Version >_<

of colors

but he was still cool on unleashed just the stages he built in unleashed are not as amazing as the DS Version :)

Well done , dimps on colors.

you are welcome.

i don't see any water part but sonic switches to 3D at 2:28

Wow Dimps where is all the Amazing effort which was wasted on the wii version of unleashed :mellow:

now i want Dimps to create the Wii Version >_<

of colors

It's at 1:57, Sonic get's a speed boost coming downhil onto level ground and then falls straight in the water instead of running on it despite having enough speed :huh:

Sonic's midair boost seems to thave a lot of juice behind it.

Sonic also seems to have a wall jump and slam/bound atck now.

Interesting.

It's at 1:57, Sonic get's a speed boost coming downhil onto level ground and then falls straight in the water instead of running on it despite having enough speed :huh:

I see it now , maybe they will change this in the final build because from the stage design it doesn't feel right , sonic not being able to run on water here and not on the previous games just in my opinion.

any ways in the article news you gave me a heads up , Thanks but you posted my name as NintendoWiiPlayer and I am TheNintendoWiiPlayer , its not a big deal though :)

and maybe sonic will get a power up that allows him to walk on water since their will be wisps that are different from the wii version according to Sonic Team From Nintendo Power magazine.

I see it now , maybe they will change this in the final build because from the stage design it doesn't feel right , sonic not being able to run on water here and not on the previous games just in my opinion.

any ways in the article news you gave me a heads up , Thanks but you posted my name as NintendoWiiPlayer and I am TheNintendoWiiPlayer , its not a big deal though :)

and maybe sonic will get a power up that allows him to walk on water since their will be wisps that are different from the wii version according to Sonic Team From Nintendo Power magazine.

Oops, fixed your name now. Sorry about that ^_^

Just seems odd to em that this is built like the Rush games but Sonic can't run on water but as you said, perhaps it's a Wisp power in this game that you can hold onto and use when you come to a water section. I'd rather it just be a standard ability though.

Water running in Rush was an automatic thing. You couldn't just run to some water and run across it, it only worked as a scripted thing right off of one of those slides in Water Palace. I don't remember exactly how things were in Rush Adventure, but I'll check now.

EDIT: Okay, tested it. As far as both of the Rush games go, water running is something that only happens at designated points, rather than anywhere are with S3 and Unleashed. Colours DS is using the Rush engine so I'll bet they decided not to tweak the water mechanics.

Edited by Tropical Resort Zone

WALLJUMP, HELL YES!!!

I freakin' love the walljump in Unleashed, it made me wonder why Sonic has never done it before. (Not counting Brawl) It seemed like a perfect match for Sonic's speed.

WALLJUMP, HELL YES!!!

I freakin' love the walljump in Unleashed, it made me wonder why Sonic has never done it before. (Not counting Brawl) It seemed like a perfect match for Sonic's speed.

Heroes, Sonic Crackers/Knuckles Chaotix.

'Bout time we get some more DS footage. Dunno why we haven't really gotten much.

Definitely got that Sonic Rush vibe to it. No complaints.

Heroes functioned very differently than what we're seeing, and Chaotix never starred Sonic anyway, and Crackers was never released or marketed as a game, only a beta of sorts for Chaotix.

The triangle jump isn't the same as moving vertically up a narrow shaft. Sonic Crackers was never even released, and I've never played Chaotix. And like Indigo said, Sonic wasn't even in there anyways.

Mighty's wall jump is awesome in Chaotix, but I don't think it functions the same either. He would jump vertically up a wall, clinging to one point like a slippery Knuckles, then kick upwards again. It let you scale extremely quickly. Sonic's wall jump here is like the Mario wall kick. Almost exactly Mario's wall kick.

Edited by Dabnikz

"Eugh! Your physics are as bad as ever!"

Despite the similarities, this definitely looks like a distinct experience from Rush, what with the stomp, the wall jump, the air boost, the powerups, the useful homing attack... I actually find myself kind of wanting it, despite the Wii version still looking considerably better. That goes double if the DS version having a different plot turns out to be a worthwhile feature.

I'm quite liking some of the interface stuff, particularly the beginning-of-level card. Classier than I'd expected from the game's handheld-counterpart-to-a-console-game status.