Awoo.

Boss Tropical Video HD

Woun

Since this is the first boss video it's as good as time to say this, I was concerned about the boss only being 3 hits too, but a rep at E3 who I asked said the demo stage was edited for E3 to keep it a taste, including lowering the boss hit count (and the seen cut stages). So the final first boss likely won't be just 3 hits, just they lowered it for the demo.

Edited by Dusk the Alan Wake Keeper

Nice Boss tho a bit too easy but meh, it was the first one so i'll let it pass.

They stopped the Chase Boss fights for now as we don't know the other but let's pray there won't be none.

Way Past Cool~

EDIT: ah... reduced the hits counts for E3...

Well then *rephrase myself*, I hope that the bosses will get rougher and harder when their at 2 hits before their defeated to make things more challenging if there is more then just 3 hits to win.

Edited by Unholy Sønic

How can any of these videos be 'HD' when the Wii isn't? D:

I wondered that about the trailers, too...

How can any of these videos be 'HD' when the Wii isn't? D:

I wondered that about the trailers, too...

It's just referring to the video specs and resolution. for instance this video was clearly recorded with a Video Camera, but it was recorded in 720p, making it qualify as HD.

Edited by Dusk the Alan Wake Keeper

Basicly, every video that is above 720p on the computer is HD even tho the image quality of the console or any other viewing tool isn't 720p?

If so, i'm confused about the definition of HD....

Edited by Unholy Sønic

So... yeah. You can film a DS screen on a HD camcorder, and it'll still count as a HD video because it was filmed in HD. Making it a HD video of a non-HD screen. :lol:

If so, i'm confused about the definition of HD....

HD is better than SD.

This is not in SD.

Ergo it looks better.

Ergo it is not SD.

Ergo it is in HD.

HD is better than SD.

This is not in SD.

Ergo it looks better.

Ergo it is not SD.

Ergo it is in HD.

Your dinner, Doctor?

It's great that not all of Colours' bosses will be like Unleashed's running bosses, but I do hope we get at least one of those. They weren't bad, they were just a little overused. This looks like a lot of fun, anyway; it's certainly one of the most interesting bosses we've had in quite a while. Sonic 4's developers, take note.

EDIT: I also hope the bosses get proper names in the final version.

Edited by Octarine

I like bosses that make Sonic feel small.

So it turns out the boss isn't the wheel, but some kind of grappler thing holding onto the back. It's got a spinning blade attack from the other video. Some things I bet it also does... spins his hands around the wheel, forcing you to stay on the platforms for a time. And it'd be cool if he shook the wheel too.

OMG Sonic can defy gravity and run upside down this is totally a Super Mario Galaxy rip-off :P

On a more serious note, looks good. Certainly makes a change from the "chase and boost into to kill" bosses from Unleashed. Also good to hear the 3 hit thing is just cut down for the demo, I'm assuming the actual levels may have been shortened slightly too for the same reason? Ahh well, definitely looks promising.

• Thumbs Up 1

OMG! THE BOUNCE ATTACK IS BACK!

Look at the 1:37-1:38 mark.

Oh, wait, going further in the video, the player did the exact same stomp, and no bounce.

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!

OMG! THE BOUNCE ATTACK IS BACK!

Look at the 1:37-1:38 mark.

That's the stomp move from Unleashed, the player is just using it continuously.

No it isn't. You're seeing the stomp attack, followed in quick succession by a jump.

I know it's the stomp, but it LOOKED like a bounce because he jumped after a stomp.

I dunno. Advance 2 had some pretty rad bosses, even if they were all running. The Egg Hawk and Albatross in Heroes sucked. II think the bosses in Unleashed were good, if not samey (c'mon, the third day time was was just a mix of the other two). I'd like at least one running boss in Colours.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hits plz.

9 hits please:

3 hits = increase difficulty

3 first = easy

between 4 and 6 = medium

last 3 = hard

The boss will act differently each 3 hits instead of attacking normally as if nothing was going on.