Awoo.

Sonic's Birthday Contest Entry Thread

Swiss

At this point, I think it'd be easier, faster and overall fairer to just scrap all the votes so far, re-code the website and start fresh. What's the point in risking ANY non-legit votes in this current one, even if they think they can remove them all, surely it's easier to just start new? I mean what's stopping them from pushing the closing date back as well?

Either way, I hope we see change soon.

They should just let me pick the winners.

Really though? Is there anything that can be done at this point? So many genuine votes have already been cast that even if they did scrap it and pick themselves (which is what SHOULD have happened in the first place). People will go ape if the genuine favourite didn't get picked, then if he did get picked people will still cry foul.

So then if they scrap the votes and re-code it, they'll just have a similar problem, if someone really wants to mess up this system then they won't stop at a new site code, give it 12 hours and the votes will be borked again.

Or they should just give the prize to me!

• Thumbs Up 1

We have contact.

THANK YOU SEGA!

'Bout time =P

I hope they just choose the winners themselves. The only point I can see in doing it voting-wise is marketing, and it doesn't seem like it garnered that much attention from outside the communtiy anyway. It'd probably just happen again if they re-do voting, it's likely the person/s who did it knew what they were doing and will try again. They obviously can't have that great resources if it happened in the first place!And this whole voting thing has just been a tense and annoying affair for me, as well as everyone else I imagine!

Don't they have a sponsor who's funding all this? Surely they'd not want to fund someone to go to Tokyo when there's been blatant cheating.

Hopefully it'll be sorted out; I kinda feel sorry for the team working on this. It looks like a lot of hard work on their part and now cheating to deal with?! Hmm...

UK folks can now see the U.S. top 10 entries and vice versa

Just noticed SEGA have added a link at the bottom of the contest website just above the official rules button for UK people to see the top 10 U.S. entries and vice versa.

Here's the links -

UK entries

U.S. entries

So...the 'voting period' ends tonight, with the winners supposedly announced tomorrow.

Who's betting on this actually happening? The only way I see any development happening tomorrow is if they suddenly turn around and say 'lol we've already chosen ourselves yada yada yada'

Edited by ENVY16

So...the 'voting period' ends tonight, with the winners supposingly announced tomorrow.

Who's betting on this actually happening? The only way I see any development happening tomorrow is if they suddenly turn around and say 'lol we've already chosen ourselves yada yada yada'

I'd consider that voting period scrapped, we'll just have to wait and see what they have planned. Hopefully they'll announce something soon.

You know what would be a bit mad...

If at Summer of Sonic they played all the videos and asked people to vote via paper ballot!

.... .... Actually... that wouldn't be too bad a way of deciding.

if I wasn't a finalist, I'd agree it would be a good suggestion, but as a finalist attending SoS XD It'd kinda ruin my enjoyment of the convention for me throughout the day because I wouldn't be able to think about anything else and constantly wondering/worrying what would be going on. It'd be hard to sit down and fully relax when I'd know just a few metres away from me people were deciding on whether I'd be a winner or not >.< very nerve-racking indeed.

Edited by ENVY16

You know what would be a bit mad...

If at Summer of Sonic they played all the videos and asked people to vote via paper ballot!

.... .... Actually... that wouldn't be too bad a way of deciding.

Not a bad idea actually. Only flaw I can see is that many who cannot attend would not be able to vote. And if you think about it Svend would most definately win cause of the masses of support he has there, and he orginised the whole event :P

So I think this whole thing just shows that democracy never works. Period. I think every decision should just be made by my mum. She'd sort the world out.

Oh and by the way Gnash', as you mentioned earlier, who would you pick?

Not a bad idea actually. Only flaw I can see is that many who cannot attend would not be able to vote. And if you think about it Svend would most definately win cause of the masses of support he has there, and he orginised the whole event :P

So I think this whole thing just shows that democracy never works. Period. I think every decision should just be made by my mum. She'd sort the world out.

Oh and by the way Gnash', as you mentioned earlier, who would you pick?

If svend did win and it was at SOS I can see why it would cause an eyebrow or two to climb. But honestly, I don't think that people would vote for the individual, I think they would genually vote for who they thought was the best.

Who do I back? ELEPHANT MAN!

If svend did win and it was at SOS I can see why it would cause an eyebrow or two to climb. But honestly, I don't think that people would vote for the individual, I think they would genually vote for who they thought was the best.

Who do I back? ELEPHANT MAN!

Who in the what now?

So.... About the contest.... any idea on when a winner will be picked?

Edit: Never-mind... it seems like the winners were picked whilst I was sleeping. Seriously, I was going to ask this today because it had been a while.

Edit 2: *Watches the vids* Well my 2 favourites didn't win the grand prize. Ah well congrats to the winners. *waits for the Sega forums to start moaning*

Edited by Gnasher

From the UK ones I think Dreadknux's was better than the other two, than the one in second place, than the one in first. So I'd just turn that one around.

For US I think third place should've been first, the musical second.

Edited by MarcelloF

Yum, an iPod Touch. Would have loved the Japan trip more, obviously, but beggars can't be choosers. :) Well done, to the winners. I hope they have a truly remarkable time!

• Thumbs Up 2

Yum, an iPod Touch. Would have loved the Japan trip more, obviously, but beggars can't be choosers. :) Well done, to the winners. I hope they have a truly remarkable time!

Congrats on the win Dread :)