Awoo.

Split/Second: Velocity (PSP)

Detective Shadzter

How does Disney plan to reinvigorate Split/Second: Velocity sales? By porting the game to PSP and PSPgo of course.

Due autumn, the conversions promise "unique" controls to fit "Sony's premier handheld game platform". Plus, there's to be one new track, some extra challenges and local multiplayer for up to four (humans).

The press release doesn't mention a developer.

Split/Second: Velocity appeared on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 in May. The game performed to expectations critically but struggled to set the public purse alight.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/disney-converting-split-second-to-psp

No developer? A quick look in the comments reveals a sneaky person we at the SSMB know only too well responding to complaints about graphics -

S0L 07/07/10 @ 18:32 #9

*cough* Looks better in the flesh :)

So we can safely assume Sumo Digital are behind this port, they've developed games for Split/Second: Velocity publisher Disney Interactive before and with their driving game experience with the Outrun series, Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing and F1 2009 this version should be in safe hands.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/disney-converting-split-second-to-psp/comments

Screenshots -

ss_preview_Good_Training_01_noscale.jpg.jpg?slideshow=true

ss_preview_Good_Graveyard_04_noscale.jpg.jpg?slideshow=true

ss_preview_Good_Airport_09_noscale.jpg.jpg?slideshow=true

ss_preview_Good_Powerplant_01_noscale.jpg.jpg?slideshow=true

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Detective Shadzter

• GameFarnsworth940

• Gavvie

• PSI Wind

Top Posters In This Topic

Impressive screenshots. Graphics and textures look well done, and the car flipping makes me think of great animation. This leads me to question though:

Why the fuck hasn't the Wii got a Split/Second game?

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!

PSP games always look shite in screenshots, generally because they tend to get blown up a bit to meet a suitable size.

Still, dunno whether I'd get it on PSP. Still need to get the original at some point. Looks quite fun.

I always wanted to give it a try. Wait, is that the racing game where you trigger the explosions, or is that Blur? Either way, it does look nice, and seeing as how I don't have a serious racing game for my PSP (Crazy Taxi doesn't count, unfortunately), I mught get it later on.

Split/Second's the one with the explosion triggering. That's why I want to play it, as well.

Okay, so I did get it right. I just hope that it won't mess anything up in the game. Maybe frame rate with explosions being triggered, but I hope not much more than that.

• 4 years later...