Awoo.

Classic Controller and GC Controller Support Confirmed

Detective Shadzter

I'm hearing the U.S. Nintendo Channel on the Wii now has a product page for Sonic Colours (or Colors as it would be titled there) which confirms the game supports the Classic Controller and GameCube Controller. Can anyone in the U.S. confirm this and any other interesing info/media that may be on there please?

I've checked the EU Nintendo Channel but there's no Sonic Colours product page yet.

I'm hearing the U.S. Nintendo Channel on the Wii now has a product page for Sonic Colours (or Colors as it would be titled there) which confirms the game supports the Classic Controller and GameCube Controller. Can anyone in the U.S. confirm this and any other interesing info/media that may be on there please?

I've checked the EU Nintendo Channel but there's no Sonic Colours product page yet.

Yep. Just checked. It's true. How about some crappy DSi camera photographic evidence?

HNI_0034.jpg

This is pretty interesting. I guess that means people who dislike motion controls won't be forced to use them. A nice option to have.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yep. Just checked. It's true. How about some crappy DSi camera photographic evidence?

HNI_0034.jpg

This is pretty interesting. I guess that means people who dislike motion controls won't be forced to use them. A nice option to have.

Thanks for that, appreciate it :)

Just hope Nintendo of America aren't accident prone with their Nintendo Channel like Nintendo Europe, Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing's EU page still to this day says the game supports the GameCube Controller which we know isn't supported.

Have Nintendo of America put up a product page for the DS version on there too with any new info?

Have Nintendo of America put up a product page for the DS version on there too with any new info?

They did, but it's not anything we don't already know. It just has an outline of the story and the premise. Though it does list Wi-Fi and I'm not sure if that's been confirmed for the DS version yet. Edited by chaoscontrol14

They did, but it's not anything we don't already know. It just has an outline of the story and the premise. Though it does list Wi-Fi and I'm not sure if that's been confirmed for the DS version yet.

Thanks. Yeah, wi-fi was confirmed for both versions at the same time but we've only heard of leaderboards so far though which I guess is all we'll get in the end. Multiplayer is to be determined yet for both Wii and DS, hopefully if it's implemented it will be compatible online though I bet it won't.

More so I hope if they add multiplayr it won't feel tacked on.

I'm looking at you post Sonic Heroes games. Especially you Black Knight, you were the worst offender.

Still, awesome news. Nice to get this confirmed.

Good to hear GC is confirmed. The only game that I didn't use GC on was Secret Rings, because it didn't support it. Hell, that controller made Zero Gravity into a good game. Shame I probably won't get it upon launch, though.

That's good to know, but I'd probably still play with Wiimote and Nunchuk. I don't have a GC cable extender and I need one to be able to sit on the sofa and play GC games XD

OMG this is AWESOME =D I don't have a Classic controller but have about 5 GC controllers so i'm good thank god I won't have to use the Wiimote XD thanks for sharing Shadz :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Right on. I'm so used to playing 3D Sonic games with a GC controller, and I'm really glad they're giving us the option of continuing to use them.

Well this is good; I always have hated the Wiimote/Nunchuk combo and highly preferred ordinary controllers.

This is good news, but now I'm even more pissed that my two wavebirds are slowly dying.

Maybe this'll finally be my excuse for getting a classic controller...or finding something to pry my controllers open and dig out the gunk...

Oh damnit, here I thought this was about Free Riders. Controller support for that game would've made my day.

Oh well, this is pretty neat too. I can tolerate the nunchuck combo but perhaps the waggle might turn out to be awkward over time. Who knows, having an alternative still works anyway.

Very welcome news, as I'm a big fan of both the GC controller and the CC.

It didn't sound as though Colours was especially waggly to begin with (nothing seems all that waggly after Black Knight, ugh), so I probably would've been fine with support for just the Wiimote + Nunchuk combo. Still, I'm definitely happy to have the option, especially since I've played so many other Sonic games with a Gamecube controller. It feels natural.

I'm finding it hard to get interested in the potential multiplayer, but we'll see. Maybe we'll get a curveball.

That's cool if true. I wouldn't take this as a confirmation though. Anyway I wasn't able to enjoy SU Wii until I switched to the GCN controller. The waggle Werehog fights/climbing/whatever was awful and Sonic's homing attack/boost didn't work that great with the Wiimote shake. So far the controls for SC don't look too bad for the Wii controllers except for titling the nunchuck to drift. I have a feeling that won't work very well (when has the nunchuck had a game where it's motion controls worked well?) and I''l end up switching controllers because of it.

See, SEGA, this is why I stopped playing Secret Rings just after attempting the VERY FIRST tutorial mission. Motion control and Sonic don't really work that well.

Great to see the NGC controller being announced for compatibility.

Hell yes.

I will be eagerly awaiting playing this game on a Classic Controller.

Ahh, this'll be sure to save some batteries or two now.

Good to know it has support on these controllers, since I can imagine that the Nunchunk tilting thing could be a touch unresponsive.

This news is very very good news. I wasn't too keen on the whole "tilt the Nunchuk to drift" idea (seeing as Nunchuk motion controls don't tend to work very well) and seeing as I'm using to play Unleashed with a Gamecube controller, it'll likely feel like a natural progression to do so in Colours too.

Assuming they keep the controls basically the same, that is.

Pointless news for me, at least. I find the Wii remote and Nunchuck combo to be far more comfortable to use; I tried the classic controller on Unleashed and I actually played worse. In the same sense, I could never imagine playing games like this, Unleashed and Spider-man: Web of Shadows without the Wii remote controls; I'm actually almost disappointed that we cannot flick the remote to homing attack the enemies this time (one of the most fulfilling gestures ever).

Lego Harry Potter is one of the only games that I genuinely find the Wii remote controls to be largely pointless, because there are none.

Also, before the hate: OH NOES! Someone who thinks that the Wii remote controls don't suck! The world has ended!

...I actually sometimes wondered if people hate it so much because they build themselves up to NOT like it so when they do have a few initial problems adjusting they instantly write off the controls as "FAIL".

Just something I've wondered, that's all.

*awaits backlash for suggesting something so controversial*

Edited by Cipher Admin Xavious
  • Thumbs Up 1

You ain't alone, Xavious. I also prefer the Remote and Nunchuck most of the time. I thought Unleashed was more fun with a few motion thingies, and I don't think this'll be any different. But good to know the option's there in case it is.

Edited by Chili Dawg