Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

I think you guys are silly. All voice actors have to sign things before release and as Mike says he can't talk about what he's in and what he's not or what role he has or what he did UNTIL the game is out. He's confirmed to be the voice of Sonic officially so he can say that but can't say anything beyond that and more so he probably would of said that for any question you bestowed.

And voice acting requires many, MANY takes and things often change in development and for that the voice in the demo may not even be a final product but a placeholder like many Sonic demos do. In other words it's a work in progress.

Well, as long as tones down the voice and has better lines, it should turn out to be a good fit for Sonic.

HE'S CONSOLES?!?! O_o And just when we thought that there wasn't going to be a massive fanboy war. To the bunkers!!

Roger is Consoles?

Optimism has dropped, caution has risen. Hopefully he'll perform better under Sonic Team and the new writer's management.

Well I hope his acting in the game is a lot better than what he did for the room.

Nice one XD375! So Roger is CONSOLES!! :lol:

Roger posted this comment on his post about the VA announcement -

rogerfbcomment.jpg

That's mine at the bottom :P

So what's this "consoles" deal again? Is he only doing voice acting on the console games?

Now I wonder if he's the "announcer"-like voice. It does sound like Roger's previous work, and Sonic announced all his tricks the same way in the Rush series...

Nice one XD375! So Roger is CONSOLES!! :lol:

Roger posted this comment on his post about the VA announcement -

rogerfbcomment.jpg

That's mine at the bottom :P

Seen this eariler and lol'd at that Steph Burns a bit of her comment

" I want to know what your hair smells like"

lmao Best.Comment.Ever XD

Edit: Ohhh so Roger is WOAHAHHAHAHA CONSOLESSS!!1!!! cool but I hope he better in the games than in the Alton Towers hotel room voice clips

Edited by Crash

So what's this "consoles" deal again?

It means he's the Alton Towers guy...

I really, REALLY, hope he sounds better in game... X_X

It means he's the Alton Towers guy...

This answers all of my questions! All of them! At once! I now know everything thanks to you.

Seriously though the hell is this Alton Towers anyways.

This answers all of my questions! All of them! At once! I now know everything thanks to you.

Seriously though the hell is this Alton Towers anyways.

That physically hurt my ears.

Of course, he'll have to get used to the role but oh my god

my ears

there is blood

Uhrhghghh.

I'm sure the voice could change between Alton Towers and now. I hope.

Trying to voice my doubts about this without coming across as an overreactive idiot is HARD.

So what's this "consoles" deal again? Is he only doing voice acting on the console games?

"Consoles" was the nickname given to the Alton Towers Sonic voice actor since we didn't know who the voice actor was until now and because one of the phrases in the Sonic hotel room is "Check out the consoles! Woooooooooooah!".

Here's the voice clips if you haven't heard them, courtesy of SSMB's own Gnasher -

The clips are later in the video after some Sonic stalking. :lol:

EDIT: Ninja'd :lol:

I'm surprised, especially after hearing that demo reel. Clearly it means that he's trying to imitate Griffith more than Drummond.

Ffffffffffgrhk-

Okay, steady Nomad, he's a talented guy, he can do a lot better than...that...maybe he'll do better in the game. Yeah.

That's it, he just needs time to adjust right? Surely it's not him imitating Griffith, right?

...right...? :( </denial>

Uh oh.

Well, maybe he had... uh... never heard Sonic talk before? Or was frantically approached by Alton Towers to do Consoles before he even did any SEGA voice work, therefore he had no Sonic experience and he sounded weird? Or...or... maybe the voice work got tragically warped and messed up during recording, but Alton Towers decided to use it anyway? I mean, I'm sure if SEGA actually held auditions, they wouldn't get someone that sounded like a hyper, deep-voiced Sonic...

Who am I kidding. Optimism is spiraling... spiraling... down. PLEASE IMPROVE ROGER PLEASE!!!!

I'm surprised, especially after hearing that demo reel. Clearly it means that he's trying to imitate Griffith more than Drummond.

I don't really care about this but the fact possibility that the new cast is trying to imitate the 4Kids one certainly doesn't sound like good news to the Tails fans. D:

Edited by gato

I don't really care about this but the fact possibility that the new cast is trying to imitate the 4Kids one certainly doesn't sound like good news to the Tails fans. D:

Oh sure. I have every confidence that he won't sound as "consolesy" in the games. But yes, I would worry for Tails.

It's not that I don't think he CAN sound less CONSOLES, it's the direction he's being forced to take is what worries me, really.