Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

I like Roger's Sonic, in fact he's probably my favourite. He just seems to fit the character really well.

I agree with this. Sonic's VA'S just seemed to get better and better one after the next. Ryan Drummond was a good start for Sonic's official voice actor, and his voice really did a good job fitting the character, but he tended to sound really cheesy at times and a lot of his acting came off as forced. I didn't like Griffith in Sonic X and he really didn't start to hit his stride until Secret Rings/Afterward. He captured the teenage and heroic aspect of Sonic flawlessly, but again, his acting sounded a bit forced at points. He did a perfect job in Black Knight, but the whole entire 4kids cast, with the exception of the always wonderful Mike Pollock got replaced, so he didn't get to keep going in an awesome direction. Still, at least everyone left at the top of their game.

However, I was initially furious when I found out RCS had replaced Griffith upon re-entering the fanbase. How could MY childhood Sonic be replaced(bear with me, I was younger at the time.) Roger's deep voice took a while to grow on me, but after getting used to it over the years and playing Lost World, he's taken the crown as my #1 Sonic VA. Something about him just makes Sonic sound really cool, he's got the most acting chops, and already started out doing a good job with the character.

Granted, there's several voice actors that come to mind that I feel would do an even better job as the Blue Blur( James Arnold Taylor, Josh Keaton, Quinton Flynn, and many more), but I hope he gets to stick with the character just a little longer. With slightly better material, he would be damn near perfect in my eyes.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

I like Roger's Sonic, in fact he's probably my favourite. He just seems to fit the character really well.

I couldn't agree more. I actually like how Roger gives Sonic a sense of maturing with deeper voice and a much better illuminated range of feelings and emotions. Plus, he fits Sonic's dorky-yet-cool persona to a T!biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Roger has been nominated for a Behind The Voice Actor Award for his role as Wonder Blue in The Wonderful 101, while Mike Pollock has been nominated for his role as Dr. Eggman in Sonic Lost World.

Cast your votes here!

There's some real talent nominated in each of the categories - if you take away the Sonic bias, it's quite tough to decide between them!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Well, someone was certainly impressed, Solly.

sfe2csX.png

(I don't wish to take credit for your hilarious skills, but I just had to tweet it his way.)

• Thumbs Up 5

Well, someone was certainly impressed, Solly.

sfe2csX.png

(I don't wish to take credit for your hilarious skills, but I just had to tweet it his way.)

Ha, that's fine. Glad he liked it. 

Someone photoshop Captain America in there. He voiced him too. Ooh, also maybe Photoshop and Assassin costume on to him.

Awww man, should have linked him here =p

Doooooo it, man...
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Since this is the Roger fanfare thread...

Has anyone ever seen that one Pizza Hut commercial where the voiceover sounded suspiciously like Sonic? But the gut reaction is "Nah, it couldn't be."?

GUESS AGAIN!

Said commercial is on his demo reel at about 0:30.

This is a surreal experience. I must now give my best friend a call in the middle of the night to go "In your face, in your face!" He said I was crazy.

Overall I quite like it when actors from my favorite franchises leak into the mainstream beyond standard acting roles, to say the least.

Roger Craig Smith needs his own TV show called 'These are the things I have done!" And we would all watch it! And it would be wonderful. Because we'd see things like this!

BmXkAiwCEAEkW1T.jpg

I've always wondered what would happen if you put Sonic inside a vacuum bag and sucked all the air out! Thanks to Roger Craig Smith now I know!

https://twitter.com/RogerCraigSmith/status/461025235848790016/photo/1

• Thumbs Up 3

Ah yes, I saw that on his Twitter the other day. I was all "what the hell happened" in response.

Thank you Roger for performing this experiment for us, good sir.

• The topic was locked