Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

Would an Adventure 3 even have anywhere near the impact of Sonic 4 though? I know I wouldn't get anymore excited just because it carries that name. I think anyone who isn't too thick headed to see we've already got Adventure 3 (in spirit) would agree.

Personally I wouldn't care, but I can see Sonic Team pulling something like this.

The phrase "franchise changing" scares me, simply because something big enough to alter the franchise as a whole (which includes all aspects of Sonic the Hedgehog - ranging from the video games, cartoons, comics, animes, books, etc.) is not something to be taken lightly. Just what exactly could it be? Character redesigns? Sonic being ported to another company? A new addition to the franchise, such as a huge plot-changey movie or something? A complete reboot of everything?

It could be anything! And all this uncertainty is making me feel uncertain. Serious business is going down this Thursday... possibly... definitely... potentially... certainly... maybe... for sure!

As of now, I don't like this one bit. But perhaps I'll end up liking whatever this "franchise changing" thing is later. Maybe.

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 1

What time will it be on Thursday? I have work from 12-7PM. D:

No time's been given but AAUK usually tends to update the SEGA Europe Blog and Sonic City Blognik between 4pm and 6pm.

Well if it's not anything to do with the games or SoS, then I imagine it'll be something like a new television series, a new comic series or a CG movie to tie in with the 20th anniversary. Any of which would tickle my fancy, provided they aren't utterly stupid.

I'm just gonna wait and see what the announcement is, really. Not getting excited, not getting worried. I doubt it's going to be quite as "franchise changing" as it's made out to be.

AAUK says it won't be 'particularly' about the games not outright nothing to do with them which is why I'm guessing it will have something to do with the voice actors.

AAUK says it won't be 'particularly' about the games not outright nothing to do with them which is why I'm guessing it will have something to do with the voice actors.

Ooh, I hadn't thought of that :huh:

If it is to do with voice actors, it certainly won't be affecting Sonic Colours anyway, we know that's definitely got Jason Griffith and Mike Pollock in at least...

Let's just hope it's not that guy from the Alton Towers Sonic room who replaces Jason :P

Voice actors seems fairly possible at the moment, since, well, it's been a looong time since Sonic X now. Although if that is the case, I'd wonder why?

Ooh, wait, what if it's a new main character? Sonic getting another redesign?! *laughs* :lol:

Ooh, I hadn't thought of that :huh:

If it is to do with voice actors, it certainly won't be affecting Sonic Colours anyway, we know that's definitely got Jason Griffith and Mike Pollock in at least...

Let's just hope it's not that guy from the Alton Towers Sonic room who replaces Jason :P

Oh dear god no, not thaaaaaaaaaaaat voice! :lol:

If new voice actors are brought in I wonder if they'd be introduced in Free Riders? If not then likely the 20th Anniversary game and Sonic 3DS, I just hope they're good and don't scar those games at Sonic's next milestone.

If they are indeed new voice actors, I don't care how good or bad they are, so long as they always have Japanese voices as an option. ;)

If not, then... D: (Yes, that was another reason I disliked UnWiished).

...oh fudge I've just realised I'm out all day on Thursday.

Yet another big announcement I'm going to miss. First Crush 40 at SoS, now whatever this ends up being... :P

...oh fudge I've just realised I'm out all day on Thursday.

Yet another big announcement I'm going to miss. First Crush 40 at SoS, now whatever this ends up being... :P

Oh well, there's still the Sonic Colours news today :) I hope it's a new stage or multiplayer since number number of players is "To be determined" according to NOA's product page.

Oh well, there's still the Sonic Colours news today :) I hope it's a new stage or multiplayer since number number of players is "To be determined" according to NOA's product page.

An interview at E3 said you can race against friends. And an an interview with Iizuka said "We'll talk about multiplayer later". I think it'll be there, but proper confirmation would be great.

Maybe I'm being immature but I lol'd at this comment on the front page regarding the franchise changing news -

Viking ZX says:

12 July, 2010 at 6:46 am

Eggman is actually a woman.

An interview at E3 said you can race against friends. And an an interview with Iizuka said "We'll talk about multiplayer later". I think it'll be there, but proper confirmation would be great.

Must have missed that first interview but yeah I remember the Iizuka one, I just took it as he'll confirm if it's in there or not at a later date though he would have said outright that it's not in there if it wasn't at least being discussed. Hope we get confirmation soon.

After thinking about it, I think it's either a change of voice actor or someone new joining the development team. Saying that, I bet when Thursday comes around we'll all be miles off :P

The news has spread to NeoGAF which in turn has resulted in it spreading to CVG -

http://www.neogaf.co...0&postcount=178

http://www.computera...e.php?id=255383

:o

Bloodly hell is that bad or good news lol either way hope this "Franchise Changing news" is for the better to be honest =)

Edited by Winston Smith

"Franchise changing", huh? Those are very big words, and could vary to anything. I am hoping it indeed is big news, and not something small like just a delay of a game. I'll definitely be keeping close eye on this, and looking forward to the Sonic Colors news today. :)

GoNintendo too -

http://gonintendo.co...y.php?id=129969

None of these places are quoting AAUK's follow up comment so I think this is going to be blown out of proportion in the run up to Thursday.

AAUK has destoryed the internet with that line now everyone getting super fucking hyped up for this for what something what could not be massive lol

Edit - Wooo 800 post XDDDDDD :D

Edited by Winston Smith

The big news is clearly that Ken Penders has filed a copyright claim for Sonic the Hedgehog and all related Sega characters. Thus, all forms of Sonic media will from now on be filled with needlessly flowery dialogue and multiple love triangles.

• Thumbs Up 1

C'mon guys, we all know SEGA's getting T-Bird in to do the voice of Eggman. :P

In all seriousness though, I think VA's is a very feasible since it's not "particularly game-related". VA's also branch off into TV/Movies and perhaps even some merchandising...who knows though?

VA's changing would be a HUGE deal (you all know what happened last time, right?), and AAUK said he over played 'franchise changing' a bit.

Sonic 4 will be released on PSP. It's not exactly franchise changing, but it's what I'm hoping for. Why oh why isn't Sonic 4 available to download on PSP? :(

I bet you, Mighty will be playable in Sonic 4. If you've read EGM, it said that someone not seen since the Genesis days will appear in it.

Franchise-changing, much?