Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

That clip is a million times better than the previous one. Sounds a bit like Ryan, if you ask me.

My fears are significantly alleviated.

I told you all didn't I... but oh no... WHOOOAAAA!!! Whats Cas/Gnash know anyway! I'm listening to it on my i-pod unlike he who was actually in the room and listened to it in person. Nooo it must sound rubbish, thats the new sonic voice whoooaaaa!

• Thumbs Up 2

The fact that Kate knows absolutely nothing about Sonic games slightly worries me that we'll have Tails sounding like a girl once again...

I hope she makes him sound at least SOMEWHAT like a boy, though I can't see that happening now shes told us what he'll sound like -_-

Roger's voice is really good, not quite Jaleel White or Ryan good but much more fitting than Jason.

...Wow.

I actually like that voice. O_o

He sounds like a youthful teenager, which is what Sonic should sound like. I liked Jason's (and Ryan's) voice(s), but I actually think Roger's voice might be better than both of them (need to hear more before deciding). It's amazing how bad the editing and re-recording made him sound at Alton Towers (too deep and goofy sounding).

Now I wanna hear what "Check out the consoles!!!" sounds like normally. XD

I hope she makes him sound at least SOMEWHAT like a boy, though I can't see that happening now shes told us what he'll sound like -_-

Kate's demo reel. She said he sounds like one of the boys on there. There's two of them to listen to (0:12 and 1:05) and both sound like they'd be fitting for Tails. The first especially.

...that's honestly the best Sonic has ever sounded. I really like his voice for Sonic. It's amazing what bad editing would do. It actually sounds his age, and he's got this naturally edge-yness to his voice. And, good to know Kate's using one of his boy voices in her demo reel. Can't wait to see what they do in Colors.

The fact that Kate knows absolutely nothing about Sonic games slightly worries me that we'll have Tails sounding like a girl once again...

I doubt all of the cast in previous Sonic games knew about it either. So, I don't think it means anything that she doesn't know about it. 'sides, boys in early ages (Tails' age) sound kind of girly anyway. ...just not Amy Palant Tails. That's girly period.

Edited by Ryusuke

Grabbed it!

http://www.wikiupload.com/r3CbDNHz

What a difference! O_o

That unedited clip is much better.

Now for the next question....is there any reason why the voice was slowed down for the commercial and the rides?

Edited by Jetronic

The voice clips from the room sound bad because they have been slowed down, had no 'treatment', have been recorded from a speaker which is behind a wardrobe, recorded onto a camera microphone, which has then undergone various format changes when it was uploaded onto a computer and then to youtube, now being played out through a third speaker source.

I agree with Prof J. I don't like Roger as much Drummond or White, but he sounds better than Griffith.

With Kate, now that I thought about it, I'm thinking she meant the second voice (At 1:05). It sounds closer to Pallant's than the other one, but is a lot better. And I think SEGA wants this VA change to go smoothly.

Edited by MarcelloF

Wootage. And they still sound good. That line, "Let's pick up some speed!" sounds much better acted than anything Griffith did when he tried to show that sort of emotion. Definitely excited now.

It's amazing how much editing for Alton Towers affected the voice.

Good work Hero of Legend, I thought there may be more clips in past shows as I recall AAUK playing some for folks before, but I wasn't entirely sure and didn't want to get anyone's hopes up in case I was wrong.

Yeeeup! This is some proper decent Sonic voicing right here.

EDIT: Who wants to hear the new CHECK OUT THE CONSOLES, eh? Also, HoL, your rep must be sky rocketing.

Edited by Blue Blood

Dude, this is your moment! Right now, YOU are the STAR of the forums!

Shucks! :D Thanks for the kind words, TRULY appreciate it!

It's great to know my work is being appreciate it... it only makes me work harder! XD

• Thumbs Up 6

Shucks! :D Thanks for the kind words, TRULY appreciate it!

It's great to know my work is being appreciate it... it only makes me work harder! XD

In that case, I love you.

:P

• Thumbs Up 4

Have I mentioned how beautiful you are, HoL? So beautiful, like gold, really.

:P

Anyway, I just finished checking every beginning of Season 5 which started back in April and the end of the 4th Season ending in Dec (which I checked the last episode of, not a peep from Sonic).

I checked the ending of #517 just in case if endings have them, but this one at least just has a song with the Sonic 1/2 stage clear theme finishing it off.

That might be it. :(

I thought there was another in #512, but I may have thought it was something else as that one didn't even have a clip, I'll recheck. But 99.99% likely there's no more. :(

Edit: Nada, not even a clip at all oddly. :(

Edited by Hero of Legend
  • Thumbs Up 2

WOOAAHH!!!! *brick'd*

That was actually pretty good, I didn't liked that line where he mentions Eggman but I am going to guess he had to say everything in that tone (you know, it's a rollercoaster and stuff).

I really liked the "feel the rush, let's pick up some speed!" scream. :D

Sounds great. :V I like the "Keep your arms and legs inside at all times!" One, I always picture Eggman strapped inside a plane while Sonic's imitating a flight attendant. Really fits his character.

He's doing okay. It'll take some getting used to though. Unfortunately, he just sound's too enthusiastic in those clips, which I guess kind of makes sense since he's doing it for a rollercoaster instead of a simulation ride like the Simpsons or Harry Potter.

Edited by Edge
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh dear, I really like these.

Once I hear some full dialogue, he could actually beat out Drummond in my books :o

• Thumbs Up 1