Awoo.

New Wisp revealed for Sonic Colours from Sonic City Blognik

Shaddix Leto Croft

http://blogs.sega.co.../12/rocketwisp/

Part one of a busy week for Sonic news and lets get right on with it with a Sonic Colours update.We’ve already revealed several Wisps - you’ve already come across the common White Wisp, the Yellow or ‘Drill Wisp’ the Cyan/Turquoise or ‘Laser Wisp’ and there was also revealed the DS exclusive Red Wisp. I wonder what powers that mysterious flame-shaped Wisp might have – what a mystery(!)

It is time though to add another Colour to our Wisp menagerie now though, and this time the future is bright – the Wisp is Orange.

4785570857_57ed96cdb9_m.jpg

Ready to help Sonic put a stop to the diabolical plans of Dr. Eggman on both the Wii and DS version of the game, when Sonic absorbs the Orange Wisp’s power, he blasts into the air like a rocket in an explosion of colour, reaching unparalleled heights at staggering speed. Much like its Yellow cousin, with the Orange Wisp, Sonic is able to reach secret areas and hidden rings far beyond his normal reach! What secrets willyou find

4786202818_b571055627.jpg

Each new Wisp discovered in Sonic Colours gives the player a brand new way to play – hey you guys wanted multiple routes and hidden things, right! We’ll be back soon with more Wisp reveals

The Sonic Colours announcement AAUK was talking about last night on Radio Redux XDD this wisp looks really awesome biggrin.gif oooo look in the image a Colour bonus so do a combo of attacks with a certain wisp you get a bonus called Colour bonus sweet this will make S ranks much more better now =D

Edited by Crash
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yellow wisp in the air? Awesome!

Bottom right corner of the HUD- that's what the red rings for for.

redring.png

Edited by Blue Blood

Aha, a super jump wisp! This one will be interesting, thinking back to Unleashed there were lots of places a massive jump would have been handy.

Strangely enough I'm way more interested about these red rings. Previously they've always been 20-ring tokens or something like that but perhaps they take you to the special stage now, like in the Advances or in Heroes?

...darn, I really hated collecting those things. If these ARE to unlock things like special stages, does this confirm Chaos Emeralds/their equivalent?

Reminds of the rocket pack from Super Mario Sunshine.

Looking forward to more new wisp reveals.

looks cool , I hope ikuzu has more ideas for new wisps

the stage looks to me like a Chinese stage or a chocolate stage

Either way it looks cool.

I can't wait for more wisps reveals :)

I guess I am not the only one who notice this is a screen of new level, this seems to be a city/industrial/under construction themed level.

Any Ideas where in the world map this would fit.

This also made me think, whats the point of the red wisp when the orange one does pretty much the same? (implying that there is an orange wisp in the DS version)

EDIT: After watching the world map, it seems to be the one who is next to the "Metal Sonic planet" (temp name).

Edited by gato

It looks like that forest area we saw in the announcement trailer. Notice the trees in the background.

So this is the level from the trailer, isn't it. I'm curious to how it plays out, though. Also: Awesome rocket wisp makes me simle a little.

Edited by Viviroking

I guess I am not the only one who notice this is a screen of new level, this seems to be a city/industrial/under construction themed level.

Any Ideas where in the world map this would fit.

This also made me think, whats the point of the red wisp when the orange one does pretty much the same? (implying that there is an orange wisp in the DS version)

EDIT: After watching the world map, it seems to be the one who is next to the "Metal Sonic planet" (temp name).

Yeah , I guess that means its closer to be a chocolate stage.

So , now we have donuts stage , Hotel Stage And Chocolate stage.

e282a357217f.png

what do you think the others will be? , I see that one of the planets shown at world map looks like a Water Planet and it looks like a beach stage to me , maybe it will be more like adabat from sonic unleashed made for tourists from other planets to go to the beach. and maybe we will have sonic water boarding at the water part.

that would be even more fun but this is just a speculation.

Wow... kinda a let-down, I was expecting bigger news :/

STILL, very cool :D Sounds like the drill wisp, but for aerial travel rather than subterranean. And... rather than being upset that it's pretty much a rehash of the drill power-up, I'm actually pretty happy with it :D I'm for any power-up that adds multiple paths and replay value to the final game. I just hope the other power-ups are slightly more original.... lol

I also keep lovin' the looks of the environments, that screen-shot reminds me of the Genesis classics almost as much as Sonic 4 does!

Edited by EXshad

I'm loving this new Wisp. I wonder if they'll do a Wisp power trailer at the end of all the Wisp previews.

I'm having trouble deciding if this is a 2D or 3D section in the screenshot, but I think 2D because of the sideways orientation of the platforms. The drill Wisp looks like it's 2D only, so I hope we can get some more 3D power Wisps like the laser and boost guys. It'd be way cool if Sonic went into a skydiving sequence after he uses the new Wisp in 3D. Because the rest of the game is Unleashed enough for them to use that. Also seems like this is the trailer planet with the alien trees in the background. You can see the massive tether chain in the back too, it gives a nice sense of scale. It's a mining theme planet, huh? Wouldn't have guessed.

Or maybe that's part of the plot. Like Eggman wants the Wisp planet because there's something on it, so he's digging.

Edited by Dabnikz

SEGA even released a press release!

Well this is what they say:

Blast Off With the Orange Wisp in Sonic Colours

New Orange Rocket Colour Power revealed for Sonic Colours

LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO (May 26th, 2010) – SEGA® Europe Ltd. & SEGA® America, Inc., are excited to reveal the Colour Power of the next Wisp in Sonic Colours. The Orange Wisp is ready to help Sonic put a stop to the diabolical plans of Dr. Eggman!

When Sonic absorbs the Orange Wisp’s Orange Rocket Colour Power, he blasts into the air in an explosion of colour, reaching unparalleled heights at staggering speed. Thanks to the Colour Power of the Orange Wisp, Sonic is able to reach secret areas and hidden rings far beyond his normal reach, travelling through the air at a pace never before seen!

Each new Wisp discovered in Sonic Colours gives the player a brand new way to play this pure Sonic experience. Look out for more to be revealed soon!

Sonic Colours will be available on the home video game system Wii™ and the Nintendo DS™ system late in 2010 and the Orange Wisp will be available on both platforms.

For more information please visit www.sega.com/soniccolours. For press assets please visit www.sega-press.com

Yes, that press release was absolutely necessary, I'm sure. I hope they have a similar one explaining what rings do.

• Thumbs Up 3

So AAUK was quoting the press release for most of his post? I thought it was all him, unless he's the writer of SEGA Europe's Sonic related press releases. I wouldn't have thought a press release was needed for a single Wisp power up though but I guess it can't harm to spread news around to the press.

EDIT:

Hold up, dated MAY 26TH, 2010???!

EDIT:

Press Server got it new for today, so maybe they delayed the announcement or they made a mistake.

EDIT:

Everything is made long in advance. Think about it like this- they don't release the game the same day the end development of it.

Everything is made long in advance. Think about it like this- they don't release the game the same day the end development of it.

I know they plan these things way ahead in advance but normally when the press release is released they send it out with that days date.

Reminds of the rocket pack from Super Mario Sunshine.

Oh mah gawd dis game iz such a Mario rip-off innit! First dey copiez Supah Mario Galaxeh 2 and nowz dey copiez Supah Mario Sunshinez! Dis iz gonna suck lololol

...on a more serious note, the new Wisp looks interesting. It certainly doesn't look like it'll be a game-breaker at any rate, which I'm sure is what we're all keeping our eyes out for at the moment.

may 26 was the announcement date/first press release date for sonic colors which holds a speculation that the orange wisp was planned to be included in the press release of the announcement of the game but was forgotten/removed, so there for they added it now because they forgotten to write/mention it in the announcement press release.

this is just a speculation though.

Cool power up. Not trying to say anything bad or that Sonic is copying but it really does remind me of the rocket nozzle from Mario Sunshine. Then again the nozzle that let Mario fly around on water reminded me of Super Sonic vs. Perfect Chaos so it's all even. :P

It seems the wisps resemble the thing that they give you a power for. White is you standard boost wisp, yellow looks like a drill, orange a rocket, and greenish blue a lightning bolt. Anyone have clear pictures from the first Sonic Colors trailer so we can try guessing what the other color wisps do?

Hey look, it's F.L.U.D.D.'s Rocket Nozzle from Super Mario Sunshine!

Smsmariorocket.jpg

It shall sit nicely next to the Yellow Whisp's drilling abilities which are awfully reminiscent of Spin Drill's from Super Mario Galaxy 2... except, you know, superior. SEGA's doing what Nintendid, except better! O-ho!

And those Red Coin Ring slots sure are interesting. If we get all eight seven, do we get a Power Star Emblem?

Come on, Sonic! outDO THE MARIO!

Edited by HunterTSF

Cool power up. Not trying to say anything bad or that Sonic is copying but it really does remind me of the rocket nozzle from Mario Sunshine. Then again the nozzle that let Mario fly around on water reminded me of Super Sonic vs. Perfect Chaos so it's all even. :P

It seems the wisps resemble the thing that they give you a power for. White is you standard boost wisp, yellow looks like a drill, orange a rocket, and greenish blue a lightning bolt. Anyone have clear pictures from the first Sonic Colors trailer so we can try guessing what the other color wisps do?

We have a thread for that, actually. Its a bit old, but its got all the trailer wisps on it.

Feel free to revive it, but as for me, I'm clueless on the other ones.

Edited by Viviroking