Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Sudden thoughts how these new developments could work in cannon with the altered timeline. Spoiler'd because it's about...

...Muttski. Orginally, he was one of the odd ones out as an animal that wasn't as humanised as the rest of them - a Mobini, as it was explained in universe.

Now, due to the Echinda's biological meddling, the Tasmanian Devils were transformed into the vicious devil dogs. It's perhaps plausible to believe a similar fate occurred to the Dog races. However, in this universe (which is much closer to Sega and removes a vast amount of Pender's material) it's quite possible the Echinda scientists never performed such events (if they even existed at all), meaning that if Muttski was ever born in this universe, he'd be born a Mobian, instead of a mobini.

It could also be possible that he had a 50/50 chance of being born a mobian instead of mobini, and in the altered timeline he was born a mobian - if such a term exists anymore...

Edited by -Orinoco Womble-

Also don't know if anyone noticed, but between Solicits mentioning the Black Arms coming to devour earth and Ian's exhasperated response to a fan...

No. I'm not allowed to use "Mobius." Get over it.

Yep, seems Mobius is gone. So with this, the term Mobius has finally been expurgated from the franchise, no?

Also don't know if anyone noticed, but between Solicits mentioning the Black Arms coming to devour earth and Ian's exhasperated response to a fan...

Yep, seems Mobius is gone. So with this, the term Mobius has finally been expurgated from the franchise, no?

aw, there goes some of the series heritage :(

We'd have noticed if it was in a thread that you'd assume was ripe for comic confirmation, not one where you just request your username to be changed. 

Seriously, what a weird place for an explicit confirmation. 

At this point i really dont care what they call the planet anymore but the fact that Ken can use it despite being in SatAM, STC, Underground and Archie(before he came on board) is very jarring

Uncle Chuck - Well Sonic, I guess you shouldn't have given Muttski back his memories. Here's another apology letter.."Dear Sonic: What I did to your leg was not out of love or passion, but rather a basic, primative urge which I did not understand. I hope you can forgive me. Love Muttski. P.S. Also, sorry about the butt sniffing."

• Thumbs Up 2

Where did this come from? 

Bumbleking, the name-change thread. Naugus, who'd before become known for making a thread where he basically angrily shouted at everyone calling them communists for daring to like the changes or daring to say Ian wasn't the cause of all evil, decided to be a smartass again, finally making Ian spill the beans in final frustration.

Bumbleking, the name-change thread. Naugus, who'd before become known for making a thread where he basically angrily shouted at everyone calling them communists for daring to like the changes or daring to say Ian wasn't the cause of all evil, decided to be a smartass again, finally making Ian spill the beans in final frustration.

Ah alright thanks, guess this means SEGA put a mandate down on the planets name, stupid really but its not uncommon for them to put stupid mandates.

Oh well, bye Mobius.

The name caption for Chuck still makes it ambiguous as to whether the new Chuck is related to Sonic.

Yeah it just basically means while hes not blood related to Sonic anymore, hes in the more Father figure type now where hes everybody's uncle.

Edited by goku262002

Considering the ones to decide to SEGAfy the Freedom Fighters and the comic in general were Archie, I'd say it's likely you're jumping the gun.

If SEGA is giving Archie a hard time with their mandates as people say they are I can only imagine the hell the sonic colors writers have when writing a script

Seems the dark energy really is Dark Gaia seeping out, so I can tell by Sonic's reaction to it, unless it's due to the memory thing...

Seems the dark energy really is Dark Gaia seeping out, so I can tell by Sonic's reaction to it, unless it's due to the memory thing...

if that memory thing was true, then by the end of this all the freedom fighters and Naugus should be in a mental institute running on pure animalistic behavior and muttering nonsense

Ok lets test this out

testing

IMG_20131018_164804_184_zps96f2c07f.jpg?

I'm actually liking how Muttski looks. I actually kind of hope that we seen him in action more in the future.

He's going feral because he left the iron on? lol

If SEGA is giving Archie a hard time with their mandates as people say they are I can only imagine the hell the sonic colors writers have when writing a script

Actually from the looks of it SEGA is pretty free with the madworld writers, its probably because they are more closer to the developement team and SoJ then the Archie crew is. I think the only mandate they are under is no main character kill offs.

Muttski was part or the original Americanized story wasn't it? I seem to remember him getting mentioned in not only Archie comics but also in those old kids novellas and the normal sized novels too. You know the ones with the crazy backstory where Chuck looked after a young Robotnik and Sonic etc... as well as the ones where Robotnik used to be good. Guess its them getting rid of more of the old outdated origin story except instead of cutting it, changing it so it works for the new Archie universe instead of it being a leftover from the ye olden days.

Don't know where to post this, but in regards to Penders case against Sega for Sonic Chronicles, he posted a recording of the trial.

http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/media/view.php?pk_id=0000011455 I tried to listen myself but my Windows Media Player isn't working. Can someone tell me what there saying, would really appreciate it.

Managed to listen to it, but found it kind of hard to follow on account of all the legal jargon (it probably didn't help that I was drawing while listening to it). What I could gather was they were clarifying what was going on with the case in NY (the Archie case, which was dismissed earlier this year) and hadn't really gotten into the meat of the situation with SEGA and Sonic Chronicles just yet (actually, I think "Sonic" is only mentioned once). Though I think they did comment on the relationship of the cases and how the other judge presided over the Archie case. I might give it another listen tomorrow, because I am genuinely interested in what's going on with this. 

Managed to listen to it, but found it kind of hard to follow on account of all the legal jargon (it probably didn't help that I was drawing while listening to it). What I could gather was they were clarifying what was going on with the case in NY (the Archie case, which was dismissed earlier this year) and hadn't really gotten into the meat of the situation with SEGA and Sonic Chronicles just yet (actually, I think "Sonic" is only mentioned once). Though I think they did comment on the relationship of the cases and how the other judge presided over the Archie case. I might give it another listen tomorrow, because I am genuinely interested in what's going on with this. 

Thanks, much appreciated. :]