Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

STAFF NOTE: Because of hiatus/cancellation discussion dominating this thread, a separate topic has been made, so please direct all related posts and thoughts there:

I guess I'll be the one to start the new topic for the monthly comic series, and will do that with the latest issue preview.

sth198_0.jpg

sth198_1.jpg

sth198_2.jpg

sth198_3.jpg

sth198_4.jpg

sth198_5.jpg

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #198

"Egg Phoenix Down": The countdown to the epic Sonic the Hedgehog #200 continues! Sonic leads the fully assembled Freedom Fighters and Chaotix on an invasion of Dr. Robotnik's city, but the doctor unleashes a terrifying new weapon that may make their fight a short one! Don't miss all the egg-plosive action!

SCRIPT: Ian Flynn

ART: Renae De Liz

Scorching hot cover by Tracy Yardley!

Shipping Date: March 4th, 2009

On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: March 11th, 2009

On Sale on Newsstands: March 24th, 2009

32-page, full color comic

$2.50 US

Edited by Sean
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Only just been able to get hold of #197, if only it could ship here faster.

Edited by Phil

I have been running into a bit of bad luck trying to obtain Sonic Universe #1 so far.

Every comic store I went to actually said they "currently have" it in stock but when they went to search for it, it turned out it "mysteriously disappeared."

Imma cursed! Curs-ED I tells ya!

*sobs*

I've been having the same problem as you Kintobor, although my local store has now set up a standing order for me, but there's a catch.. it'll only start from the next issue :(

Ahh well, looks like it's off to Ebay for me! :D

I got to start reading these.....

I love how the comics still use retired Sonic characters.

• Thumbs Up 2

I was always a big fan of Sonic and naturally I got into the comics. I remember the Archie comics when they first came out. They were totally made up stories and not exactly based on the games. I had a few of these comics back in the 1990's. I don't know if I still have them anymore. Sadly, they might not be in my household anymore due to the fact that my mom and my brother were cleaning out the basement. My brother threw out some old comics without telling me and I'm sure those Sonic comics were put in the recycle bin. Those other comics weren't important. Now that I'm back into Sonic more nowadays, I wouldn't mind reading those old issues.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic- Now with Whip-lashin' action!

......Yeah, that was terrible. I apologize.

Interesting though......

I used to love the comics... but I stopped reading them all of a sudden a few years back :/ Don't remember why. I'm trying to get back into them, but I'm missing countless issues D: (I like consistency).

When I get a second job, I'm going to save up a ton of money and go on eBay and buy all of the ones I'm missing - then I'll get to read them all over again. (Besides, I think it would be kinda cool to keep a collection of them).

Oh, and I grabbed Sonic Universe #1 the day it came out :x. I loved it, t'was a great read (it was hilarious too - especially the page where I scanned my avatar from hahaha).

Edited by Blash

It's so hard for me to keep track of monthly comics. That's why I prefer collected versions. So naturally... I love Sonic the Hedgehog Archives and Sonic Select. But they come out so slowly... and I really want to be caught up in the monthly comics too.

Wow, the new artist's style is amazing!

Also this is my first post as The-Master-Board, formerly known as Super_Sonic_sk8er because the site wouldn't let me sign in but also said my name was already taken!?

Sorry to hear about the site wipe, but I'm sure the community will be back up and running with force!

I can't wait for #198, I really hope she does some covers too, her work is just stunning, and I can already feel this issue being awesome.

Dargh I'm still waiting for my issue of 197 to get to me, thankfully the preview pretty much contains no major spoilers for the previous issue.

The comic store nearby is supposed to get their shipment of Sonic Universe #1 in this week... They haven't called me yet. xD I'll call them about it later.

And that artwork's pretty good. Sally looks like she's anorexic or something, though.

"When I get a second job, I'm going to save up a ton of money and go on eBay and buy all of the ones I'm missing - then I'll get to read them all over again. (Besides, I think it would be kinda cool to keep a collection of them).

Just a little warning when trying to get Sonic 119-124 the prices go pretty high sometimes (I rarely see one under $24 or even $30). I actually ran into this problem when trying to fill in my small, decreasing gaps (very thankful for ebay auctions and offers). So if these are the some of the ones your missing your really going to have to search for them (if you have them then it's a mood point).

Just a little warning when trying to get Sonic 119-124 the prices go pretty high sometimes (I rarely see one under $24 or even $30). I actually ran into this problem when trying to fill in my small, decreasing gaps (very thankful for ebay auctions and offers). So if these are the some of the ones your missing your really going to have to search for them (if you have them then it's a mood point).

gawd dayum, really?? Whats so special about those issues? Cause I have #120 in pretty good condition - I'll be sure to be extra careful with it if it's so rare :P

Well, I'm missing lots of issues before that anyways, so I'm not going to worry about those yet. Thanks for the tip though :x

Nothing's really all to special about them. It's just that Archie comics doesn't offer them on their ordering sheets, and thus the issues have become extremely hard to find.

Mm-hmm. There are several that I need in that range (actually, from 80-120 I have some large gaps), but they're hard to find AND expensive.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ahh, I see. That's weird, I wonder why they were left out.

Say, I was going to ask you guys: is there a complete list of all the Archie Sonic comics out there? Like a list that includes all of the mini series, special issues, Knuckles' comic, etc...

That would help me out a lot if there's one available.

Ahh, I see. That's weird, I wonder why they were left out.

Say, I was going to ask you guys: is there a complete list of all the Archie Sonic comics out there? Like a list that includes all of the mini series, special issues, Knuckles' comic, etc...

That would help me out a lot if there's one available.

This website shows most of them; including specials and mini-series. They contain the synopsis, and a larger picture of the cover. They stop at around 180, so you'll have to find some other place as the website has been in hiatus for a while.

http://archive.sonic-hq.net/newsite/comics/issues/

Edited by Emerl

And that artwork's pretty good. Sally looks like she's anorexic or something, though.
Actually I think Sally looks quite good, in fact if you look at old official art for her she always had a really tiny thin body, though this could be because she was always portrayed with a huuuuge head.

I really like the few scenes with Sally that we've seen so far, I reckon Renae De Liz captures that old essence of Sally, and I think she looks hot! (and no I'm not a furry) But Sally always had a certain "something" that made me really gun for Sonic and her to be an item.

Can't wait for this months issue, I'm loving the new art style.

I prefer Tracy's more cartoony style, really. This approach to the comic is okay, but I don't like it as much.

"Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog"

must die.

There. I said it. I'm a "the video games are the only REAL Sonic!" kind of a fan. Archie, that's a whole 'nother universe.

Alright, thanks a lot Emerl and Toby, I really appreciate it :x

Since it hasn't been updated since issue 180ish, have there been any mini series or whatnot since then? I don't think there was, but I just want to make sure.

Nah, unless you count the 2008 Free Comic Book Day special, which was just a reprint of Sonic #1, so I personally don't count it. XD