Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Why not whoever has an account over at bumbleking just ask Ian if it was a roll or spindash?

though it wouldn't surprise me if it was a spindash, Heroes pretty much set the term that any character can learn any move.

Is there really any difference between them aside from the Revving at the start? Nevermind that when a character could do one they got the other, and that the revving part usually wasn't included in the comics from what I recall.

For what its worth too, a few pages later its shown closer that Big's actually spinning like Sonic and Tails were, but he's shouting woah constantly as he goes along. He wasn't shown as tripping up though, so my guess is he's not used to it

I think it's closer to a spin roll than anything. That technique where if you push down on a curve then Sonic would naturally curl up and gain more speed? The one which was pretty vital to Sonic 1?

• Thumbs Up 3

I think it's closer to a spin roll than anything. That technique where if you push down on a curve then Sonic would naturally curl up and gain more speed? The one which was pretty vital to Sonic 1?

I can see that as well. I think that is what is confusing here. Is this a spin dash in the charge up kind of sense or is this simply a roll technique that many Mobians can use to go faster down slopes? The going down slopes one makes alot more sense if all Mobians can roll up like that?

Seems like Captain Metal is tapping into his Metal Sonic tendances there.

Wonder if Captain Metal does remember anything from his time as a Metal Sonic?...

Can I just say how much I've been loving this arc? Yardley writes a helluva fun script, and Archie seriously needs to give the dude more scripting jobs. I don't even think Flynn would've come up with some of the gags or written nutty characters like Marine or Bean nearly as well as Yardley is doing.

No disrespect to Flynn's writing at all, but Yardley has been a breath of fresh air after the crossover and the various things going on in and out of universe in the main book. Can't wait to pick up the next issue!

Edited by Zaysho

Glad to see somebody is enjoying this arc. I really can't get into it for some odd reason I guess it's because I'm more interested in the main comic and mega man or maybe it's because I wasn't expecting this arc to be TTT taken seriously. I really don't know I'm just finding it dull and the weakest of the 3 post crossover hopefully when I go to the comic shop this week this issue will change my opinion

Glad to see somebody is enjoying this arc. I really can't get into it for some odd reason I guess it's because I'm more interested in the main comic and mega man or maybe it's because I wasn't expecting this arc to be TTT taken seriously. I really don't know I'm just finding it dull and the weakest of the 3 post crossover hopefully when I go to the comic shop this week this issue will change my opinion

Why would you not take it seriously? What because of the pirates and it being Blaze's world and having nothing to do with all the changes?

Dragon naturally spoke this topic :

dragon_naturally_speaking_the_post_befor

Monday, October 14, 2013
start time : 3:08 PM

Now I did another version of this earlier today, and what I'm about to say is something that as fans we need to start considering or at least doing.

Ever since the New York comic convention last year. And throughout all of 2013 so far, this fan base has been divided on the character redesigns.  Some love them, some are okay with them, and others just flat out disdain them.  Well I can understand that, but I believe we should focus more outside of the redesigns and/or at least talk about what potentially could happen as a result of this soft reboot.

With the redesigns, I can understand that the main problem with them, is not how they look, but how the personalities will portray them.  I believe as a longtime fan, that the personalities of the characters will not change whatsoever, they might have a tweak here and there, but if Ian Flynn says that the characters will be who they are as we know them, then whether we want to believe him or not, we will just have to wait it out and for right now, take his word on it.

But as I mentioned above, we need to focus more on what could happen afterwards.  For example, what kind of character development will we get from the freedom fighters, once they come in contact with Nicole.  I mean one of the major things that fans are indeed worried about and understandably so, is Antoine and Bunnie's marriage.  Will it still exist?, Or will be null and void?  You see that is something that I am intrigued about.  Because if Ian Flynn decides to make the marriage and act like it never happened, and possibly the relationship of Antoine and Bunnie as well, to me that would be the wrong thing to do.  Because out of all the romantic couples and relationships in the comic's history, you don't take one that through all the trials and errors and all the ups and downs that several writers took them through for 127 issues and that alone was built up to the marriage in 174, and then add on the 60 issues that came afterwards, plus the four sonic universe issues that they were a part of, and you would be throwing away up to about 190 issues of story and character development.  That is what Ian Flynn would be doing with the Antoine/Bunnie relationship and marriage, just throwing out almost 200 issues worth of character and story development.

And that's just one thing that could change as a result of this soft reboot.   Another could be Fiona Fox.  Now I get that storyline wise, she's in the anti-world, but who's to say she still won't be affected.  Think about it, a majority of fans were upset that Ian Flynn turned her bad/antihero in 172, for as some put it no real reason.  Well let's look at it this way, it appears that everything that's occurring in CTC, is taking place between 225 and 230, and perhaps even before that.  And one must wonder, if perhaps Fiona might be softly rebooted back onto the side of good.  That's another thing that I would be intrigued about.

And hey, what about factions?  Who's to say that the sandblast freedom fighters and Baron Beauregard's dark Legion didn't switch sides.  Who's to say that the sandblast freedom fighters are not now the sandblast egg Army and who's to say Baron Beauregard's dark egg Legion are  not now freedom fighters.  

You see it's stuff like that, that we should be discussing more then our love/hatred for the main cast redesigns.

And hey speaking of the main cast, whose to say that fan service will not be part of this soft reboot.  Ian Flynn has proven that he can do just that, heck the comic as a whole throughout its history has proven that.  Who's to say it won't happen more so in the soft reboot.  
I mean, if you want a good example of what potential fan service on a romantic scale could be delivered to us courtesy of this soft reboot, how about Tails/Amy, hey with this soft reboot it could happen.  I mean there are some, if not a majority of fans that want to see Tails have a girlfriend.  And from what they've said about Ian Flynn, perhaps Tails might get hooked up with Amy.  But on the other hand, there's three more choices, they are, Mina, and this is due to the future story arc, as well as  possibly a rebooted and good Fiona Fox, or perhaps what has become the biggest fan supported relationship for our two tailed friend, none other then Nicole.  Now I know some a you might raise your eyebrows about that, but apparently it's one of the most popular fan supported pairings in the Sonic fanbase.  And if Ian Flynn wants to provide some fan service to the fans,, who knows he might make it happen due to this being a soft rebooted continuity.

Again it's stuff like this, that I believe we should focus more on, then just the character redesigns.  Because whether we want to admit or not, it seems that these redesigns are here for the long haul.  So I suggest as fans we focus more on the aftereffects of CTC more than the character redesigns.

Because when one thinks about it folks, if we keep complaining about the character redesigns, we lose focus on what's really important and that's the story and the continuity that goes with it.  Besides let's remember one thing, nothing last forever.  So we cannot say that these redesigns will be here until the comic is eventually canceled, because when I say long haul, I look at more of a year to two-year maybe three year run, before we get another redesign or continuity event that switches things back to the way they were or changes them more so.

So again, I ask as a fellow longtime Sonic fan, let's please try to focus on more of what could happen storyline/continuity wise, then what the redesigns of the characters will look like.

I have more to say in my alternate version, which I'm sure a lot of you know of and a lot of you know where to find it, and if you like take your time with it.  But that's all I have to say on the matter right now.

God bless and take care.

Ending time : 3:42 PM

Between the stuff that was going on behind the scenes at Archie due to the legal mess, the crossover putting everything on hold for four months, and the various things going on in the Prime universe post-crossover (which is interesting, but it's all very heavy), it's nice to get a story that's just a lot of fun. It helps that I like Blaze quite a bit, and considering we'll probably won't see it happen in the SEGA games any time soon, it's refreshing to see the supporting cast getting some love somewhere.

@bwrosas: Dude, why are you copy-pasting the same thing you wrote earlier? You said your peace, you don't need to go reposting it. It's obnoxious. Just join in the discussion with everyone else, and maybe people will listen to what you have to say.

Yes, I don't know why one feels the need to copy and paste entire posts wholesale but this is considered spamming. Refrain from doing so or I will have to issue you a strike.

• Thumbs Up 2

Can I just say how much I've been loving this arc? Yardley writes a helluva fun script, and Archie seriously needs to give the dude more scripting jobs. I don't even think Flynn would've come up with some of the gags or written nutty characters like Marine or Bean nearly as well as Yardley is doing.

No disrespect to Flynn's writing at all, but Yardley has been a breath of fresh air after the crossover and the various things going on in and out of universe in the main book. Can't wait to pick up the next issue!

I agree. I think Mr. Flynn needs a bit of a break considering that he does most of the writing work for 4 comics, and going between 4 different comics is enough to leave anyone ragged after a while. I think aside from Yardley, that the comic needs to bring in a new fresh face to collaborate with Ian on his writing even if it is for a limited time.

Y'know, offer new perspectives and whatnot.

(secretly wishes she had the job.)

Edited by Scheming Minor

I agree. I think Mr. Flynn needs a bit of a break considering that he does most of the writing work for 4 comics, and going between 4 different comics is enough to leave anyone ragged after a while. I think aside from Yardley, that the comic needs to bring in a new fresh face to collaborate with Ian on his writing even if it is for a limited time.

Y'know, offer new perspectives and whatnot.

(secretly wishes she had the job.)

Yeah, I actually thought they were going to ease new writers in either for back-ups and that sort of thing, with Flynn being the "brain trust" (I think those were Kaminski's words in one interview). They've already passed off some "Off-Panel" duties to other writers and artists other than the main interior guys, and and the Bunnie back-up story in #232 was written by Scott and David Tipton, but as far as I know they haven't really had many writers tackle either book yet. Yardley's only written two Sonic Universe arcs so far (and I understand he wrote a few stories for Sonic X when that was being published), but so far not much else. Maybe they will eventually--I would think Sonic Universe would be a great spot for other writers to cut their teeth.

Again, nothing wrong with Flynn, as he's been a major part in cleaning up the tangled mess that is the continuity (you know, before all that other stuff happened), but a little variety occasionally, so he can work on the major arcs and keep an eye on the continuity, would be interesting.

(You're not the only one tongue.png )

Edited by Zaysho

Went to the comic store to pick up the issue they didn't have it. Did anybody else have that problem?

Went to the comic store to pick up the issue they didn't have it. Did anybody else have that problem?

According to Diamond, it's out next week. Guess it was delayed.

EDIT: VEDJ-F beat me to it.

Edited by Zaysho

There have been shipping problems? I've been wondering if anything was up with that or not. I still seem to get my subs for sonic right of course. I subed to MM right after the crossover ended to try and see if I could get into that series as well, but I have yet to get a single MM issue in the mail, while I've still been getting my normal Sonic stuff and SU stuff. I resubed to all three at the same time, so I find it odd I still haven't gotten anything from MM.

There have been shipping problems? I've been wondering if anything was up with that or not. I still seem to get my subs for sonic right of course. I subed to MM right after the crossover ended to try and see if I could get into that series as well, but I have yet to get a single MM issue in the mail, while I've still been getting my normal Sonic stuff and SU stuff. I resubed to all three at the same time, so I find it odd I still haven't gotten anything from MM.

Hmm, if you're not getting books you've paid for, you may want to call Archie directly and ask them what's going on with that. I know that's the first thing I'd be doing, anyway. Here's the contact info I found on their website: http://www.archiecomics.com/AboutUS/SubsciberHelp.aspx

I don't think the shipping delays to comic stores have anything to do with when books are mailed out to subscribers (since they usually get those a week or so in advance of those buying them in stores).

EDIT: Shipping delays for comics aren't anything new to me though. I've seen this happen a few times with IDW shipments for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, for example, but they're usually not delayed to a huge degree. It's only a week.

Edited by Zaysho

the opposite happened to me. I subscribed to STH and SU back in March and i still didnt get an issue.