Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Boy those are some funny expressions and good character play. What day is it coming out, have to make sure I time out my comic book store trip to pick up the other things I ordered along with this issue?

This Shadow side story is cool but it's a shame to see too much dependence to the regular series. That was one of the things that really bugged me about Knuckles comics back when I was still fallowing them. Too much tie -in stories. I was just interested in Knuckles, I didn't want to read Sonic's comic to get a 3 page blip about what Knuckles was doing or read the important ending to a story arch (ending up confused when I picked up the next Knuckles issue).

Actually the only story arch that you needed to read both the Knuckles and Sonic series was the one where Knuckles leads the Echidna tribe to Albion through Merica (that and the end of the series which continued in the Sonic series). There were some subtle things you probably would understand better by reading both (like the Ultimate Annihilator causing Echidnaopolis and the Dingos to return). Otherwise both could be read without much knowledge of the other.

There was one issue that need this info (the one which told of Sallys and Knuckles past an how she fell in a vat of chemicals in the earlier series). But like I said you can read both series without much knowledge of the other.

There was one issue that need this info (the one which told of Sallys and Knuckles past an how she fell in a vat of chemicals in the earlier series). But like I said you can read both series without much knowledge of the other.

In retrospect, I feel the whole chemical bath orgin for the color weird. It would have been simpler to state that she just dyed her fur. :blink:

What's the big deal? It's not like she flashes them or anything.

A kid's game isn't allowed to be sexy in any way, shape or form, unless you want bitchy parents. <_<

Edited by Ryan the Game Master

Raagh Soccer moms. I vote that they're all taken out back and shot or something

Then maybe TV won't suck. Maybe

Raagh Soccer moms. I vote that they're all taken out back and shot or something

Then maybe TV won't suck. Maybe

They tried that, but the firing squads were all Stormtroopers, and we all know how accurate they are. :lol:

And now for something a little different. One of Ken Penders' "masterpieces" recently received an interesting award.

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2009/03/worst_..._winner_is.php#

The thing I found most striking about that particular issue was the weird demon smile Penders son had once he was a drawing in Sonic's world. :blink:

CAN'T SLEEP, THE BOY WILL EAT ME.

"Worst" doesn't cut it - Sonic Live truly was hideous. I'm placing it at the very bottom of my Archie Sonic tier list, along with other such fantastic works as Naugus Games.

I have a strong suspicion that Romy Chacon was Penders, but I guess we might never know.

I actually heard rumors that Romy Chacon and Many Hands was really Gabrie under pen names.

Edited by Toby Barrett

I actually heard rumors that Romy Chacon and Many Hands was really Gabrie under pen names.

...That would explain why the output from those pen names tended to be either awful, or at the very least bizarre. :blink:

I got #197 and SU#1 last Sunday from the Forbidden Planet store I visit (and buy crap loads of stuff each visit) whenever I go to Bristol once every full moon.

So far, there isn't as much angst and drama. So the comics are alright in my books so far. And with each issue being like £1.60, it wouldn't be that much a problem to buy 'em (plus lots of reading material doesn't hurt). Could do that with other comics, but there're far too many comic stories for Marvel and DC, I wouldn't know what to go with that's not included in Graphic Novels or the UK published comics.

Kind of a weird time to be following the Archie comic...It's current storyline is a spiritual successor to Endgame, and for the first time in like a decade, the story can be spread out into a second book.

I can't say I like everything that's happened in the past three years or so, but I'm glad the book is apparently going stronger than it's been a long while in terms of sales.

I can't say I like everything that's happened in the past three years or so, but I'm glad the book is apparently going stronger than it's been a long while in terms of sales.

Well there has been a recent upswing in the quality of the story.

Kind of a weird time to be following the Archie comic...It's current storyline is a spiritual successor to Endgame, and for the first time in like a decade, the story can be spread out into a second book.

http://freepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~bauerle/circ.htm

Actually it'd seem the opposite.

Well there has been a recent upswing in the quality of the story.

.... :huh:

Honestly? Ian's probably in the same boat as Ken and Karl with me.

Edited by Miko

I really am not one to speculate why they're doing this when their sales look like this. Some people have theorized to help boost the Sonic comic franchise's sales. The only way anyone would know is a ratio of comics made v. comics sold. But they said it was coasting off the sales of Sonic X. So another theory's been to attract Sonic X fans that didn't read the main series.

Edited by Miko

I really am not one to speculate why they're doing this when their sales look like this. Some people have theorized to help boost the Sonic comic franchise's sales. The only way anyone would know is a ratio of comics made v. comics sold. But they said it was coasting off the sales of Sonic X. So another theory's been to attract Sonic X fans that didn't read the main series.

That seems to make sense, but that technically doesn't seem to explain the Archives, Selects, and upcoming encyclopedia...Unless they are very strange people who like to put themselves into debt, which I suppose I couldn't rule out entirely.^_^;;

It's a lot cheaper to put out reprints (since it's not like they have to negotiate the rights for something they already have ownership over) and sell them rather than produce new comics altogether. No royalties involved either, I'm sure.

It's a lot cheaper to put out reprints (since it's not like they have to negotiate the rights for something they already have ownership over) and sell them rather than produce new comics altogether. No royalties involved either, I'm sure.

Hmm, good point.

Archives would help viewers get up to date on the past so that they with any luck can appreciate elements of the story that while serving no place in the mainstream concepts of Sonic, bore relevace to the past. The encyclopedia? Well it will help clarify many aspects of the comic mythos. The comics have stark differences from the games includig lead characters history and status quo.

Archives would help viewers get up to date on the past so that they with any luck can appreciate elements of the story that while serving no place in the mainstream concepts of Sonic, bore relevace to the past. The encyclopedia? Well it will help clarify many aspects of the comic mythos. The comics have stark differences from the games includig lead characters history and status quo.

And then there's the whole two Robotniks thing, of course.

Never did understand why Karl didn't just bring back the regular Robotnik as a bot instead of reaching into an alternate universe. :blink:

Edited by BlazeyBakeneko