Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

hmm about the grey colors...

it gives me the sensation of  "movie like" dynamic.. at least for me..

in particular about the story i'm loving x and megaman relationship here.. it reminds me a little Ruby Spears Megaman cartoon ( the fighting robot... Mega Man!  :lol: ) episode when they met X..

Sonic Man has a mouth on the cover of issue three, but not in the actual issue itself.

Now, in issue four, he sprouts a mouth.

How about some consistency, please?

#Whiningovernothing

I'm still kind of lost on the concept of Team Dark's "death".

Also, is there any word on WUB #2 or is the #1 in the title just a misonym?

You know as I look at world unite and the first four issues, I could see why some people may not take too well to it just yet, because when you think about it, The first act of this crossover just ended in mega Man 50 and as I said in one of my reviews that you could see elsewhere, I basically said that as we get into the second and final parts of this crossover, that we are now basically entering the meat and potatoes portion of it.

And that it will be here that things start to really pick up.

Because it is here that things really get interesting in all the world's and characters involved in this crossover will be making their appearance.

Now I know some people are not too keen on this crossover, in fact one person is ready to rant because one of their favorite characters was basically pushed aside as cannon fodder in part three of the crossover and is ready to rent when the crossover is over.

However, like many out there I look at these first four issues as set up for what will be the meat and potatoes in the second act which will be part 5 to 8 and the main event which will be part 9 to 12.

No I still stick by my thoughts on this being a mega Man X centric story. One, Who the main villain is and who his mutual adversary is.

But most importantly, why feel this is a mega Man X, if not mega Man centric story is because of the main fact that unlike last time when the first crossover ended in the sonic the Hedgehog comic, this crossover will end in an issue of the mega Man comic and have an effect on make a man's world, if not more so on mega Man X's world.

Now I understand some people see this crossover as being too soon from the last one and be nothing more than a cash cow, and they might be right, but when you see your rival competitors doing your own crossover events at the same time, then you're going to want to cash in on that as well and if not try to prove that you could do it bigger and better.

And that might be why this is happening, no I do understand that some feel that it interrupts the flow of the current story arcs in all the comics, and I do agree that it does, however we have to look at it this way at least this crossover will end it a lot sooner than the last one. Because remember the last one ended around September, this one is ending at the beginning of August.

The only question after this crossover is over, is "will there be another one down the line?"

Because if there is, the question would be "What else can be Ian Flynn and any of the other writers come up with for a third crossover?"

And until that time comes, those will be the two obvious questions then I'm sure Ian will get on his message board, Facebook, Twitter or any appearance he makes at a convention of some kind, for those that are excited for the crossover, let's hope he will have answers for them and for these questions that they will ask him.

Overall I look at the first four issues of this crossover as being a good set up two as I said will be the meat and potatoes in the second act and the main event in the third and final act.

So for those that may not be too sure about it after these first four, just wait to we get to the second act (5 to 8) and The third act (9 to 12) and you will hopefully be surprised at how good an action-packed it will be.

I'm still kind of lost on the concept of Team Dark's "death".

Also, is there any word on WUB #2 or is the #1 in the title just a misonym?

Both Battle Book's are oneshots. Mega Man Focus's on Mega Man Characters Battl's and Sonic Battles focus's on Sonic Characters battles.

I can happily confirm that here in Australia, we'll be getting both Mega Man #50 and Mega Man Battles #1 this Thursday, so if you're an Aussie and there's a Comic Shop near you, you can get both of them. Not quite sure if we'll get the Sonic Battles #1, but it's highly unlikely since we don't get the Sonic Comics any more...

About the Sonic Comic thing in Australia, My shop still gets them in, but here's the catch. They now get them from another place in America but it's a few weeks late.

Yes, all the comic shops in my city still get Sonic comics. I can still find most of the latest in newsagents.

This is a god damned red flag if Megaman, a comic that was pulling in decent numbers, is being canceled / "put on hiatus".

Just what the flying hell is happening over at Archie? and what is going to be canceled next?!

the Main comic is too prominent to risk, while Universe is slightly less so, it allows fuller stories to be done and pulls in pretty good numbers, so I don't think they'll do anything to it

so I don't think they'll do anything to it

Yeah and we said the same thing about Megaman and now look what happened!

First off we need to know if MM is being pulled the exact same way as boom being pulled (Archie's call entirely, SEGA nor Ian had nothing to do with the cancelation).

if this is Capcom's call then I can understand a bit, but if this is Archie's call AGAIN then we got some serious problems to discuss. NEVERMIND!

This is a god damned red flag if Megaman, a comic that was pulling in decent numbers, is being canceled / "put on hiatus".

Just what the flying hell is happening over at Archie? and what is going to be canceled next?!

While I can take a guess that the Kickstarter being cancelled was a major factor, and I don't want to start panicking just because Mega Man is being put on hold, it really is odd that two titles in the Archie Action line were axed just like that, especially when they weren't even doing poorly. Even worse because Mega Man should be seeing better numbers with the crossover, so why risk it at all? That said, it is slightly worrying they'd just up and do this, so I guess we're just going to have to wait and see.

Still, all these decisions coming in right after Vincent Lovallo takes over as editor. I'd hate to be him right now; I'm sure these decisions are out of his hands, but fans WILL look at him.

Yeah and we said the same thing about Megaman and now look what happened!

First off we need to know if MM is being pulled the exact same way as boom being pulled (Archie's call entirely, SEGA nor Ian had nothing to do with the cancelation).

if this is Capcom's call then I can understand a bit, but if this is Archie's call AGAIN then we got some serious problems to discuss.

From your link:

Obviously the licensors often play a big role in comics based on existing, popular properties. Was the hiatus a hard sell, or do they trust you at this point?

We have a great relationship with both Capcom and Sega. We’ve been working with Sega for the past 20+ years and Capcom for almost five now. Capcom is very understanding of our decisions and we are both looking forward to working on future projects and collaborations.

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright alright I skimmed the damned thing, sue me. my mind is split atm.

So, archies call again is archie in serious financial trouble or something? have we heard anything since that failed kickstarter?

....Honestly, they should have put Sonic Universe on hiatus. 

No, I'm being honest, I'd would have preferred keeping Mega Man ongoing and put Universe into hiatus for the time being, just for the simple fact that at the end of the day, Universe is basically a companion book to the main series and Sonic would still have a comic either way. 

• Thumbs Up 7

Super pissed. Unless they are going to relaunch it as an extended Mega Man Universe title, I'm freaking depressed.

I can understand their decision with the Boom comic since that kinda was tepid (saying this as someone who is completely indifferent to Boom), but I just don't understand why they are ending Mega Man.

Please, for the love of god, don't tell me it's because Archie doesn't want to deal with the licencing fee from Capcom. Because I can see them raising it and Archie deciding to cut and run...

• Thumbs Up 1

Please, for the love of god, don't tell me it's because Archie doesn't want to deal with the licencing fee from Capcom. Because I can see them raising it and Archie deciding to cut and run...

It's not ending. It's going on hiatus. It's still fucking annoying and it's fucking stupid, but it's hiatus only.

Source: https://twitter.com/ArchieComics/status/610904790604722176

Hmm.... Okay. It seems stupid, but if there isn't an "indefinite" in front of that hiatus, then I suppose there can be a little hope. Annoying that they haven't announced a return date, since you can stretch a hiatus to decades...

Conspiracy theory time: Looking upon both Marvel & DC, Archie, in the midst of rebooting their main titles, is going to subtly reboot all the Archie Action titles. Knowing that they can't stop Sonic outright for a long period of time, they'll do what they did with Wonder Woman in reverse, and fade the nearly #280 title into a new #1. So new #1s for Sonic, Universe, Boom, & Mega Man.

It's dumb, and not realistic, but it's something I just thought of like most conspiracy theories.

I'd be more surprised if it doesn't reach 300 issues as long as it has already been going.

I doubt it would be in such a boat tho, but it wouldn't be the first time I've been surprised after the lawsuit and the reboot defied expectations.

....Honestly, they should have put Sonic Universe on hiatus. 

No, I'm being honest, I'd would have preferred keeping Mega Man ongoing and put Universe into hiatus for the time being, just for the simple fact that at the end of the day, Universe is basically a companion book to the main series and Sonic would still have a comic either way. 

Sonic brings in way more numbers than Mega Man does.