Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I have to be honest. While I still think that the art is good, I find his Sonic a little stiff. Not dynamic enough. Hopefully with time he'll get it right.

lKmbbPH.png

hahaha Xticks!! hahahaha

-------

i wanted to give my opinion about this and i couldn't XD  now i can heh..

gyEh6MM.jpg

i gotta say! i love it! XD haha now they can be called "Deadly"  haha you know at the game they didn't look so mean as i though,

so this take on them really gives them that "Demonic" side they supose to be... though they are just been used by Sigma.. i wonder what Ian has prepared for these with the Lost World definitive adaptation ...

too much gore? .. i guess i've seen other "crude" (to call it someway) scene on Sonic archie comics..

remember Antoine's accident with Metal Sonic?

tumblr_inline_mk8xs5N3wt1qz4rgp.jpg

and bunnie's pain?  ... 8_8 ohh

Bunnie_Crying.png

back on the Megaman's headshot..(that absolutely reminded me Lelouch from code geass when he orders some soldiers to kill themselves O_O )

i guess Megaman is so lucky to be a robot tho :D but as i said.. i like that the Deathly Six.. are Deathly how they supose to be ..

Edited by Drawloverlala

Okay, so when Worlds Unite first began I avoided this thread so I wouldn't see spoilers. But  I peeped in to talk about my fear of Archie's current situation.

Now for this time, I was just wondering.. have any other subscribers had delays with their issues? I emailed Archie and got this response.

p0ZNd3k.png

So, if Universe #76 which is Part 1 of WU is shipping now, I assume there was a delay? Didn't it come out 3 weeks ago? Anyway, more importantly with Boom #8, they say there's been a delay until mid July. That's pretty bad. I recall people on Twitter saying how they didn't get Boom #8 and the Twitter told them to contact customer support. I didn't know it was this bad. 

Do we know who handles the subs for the Archie books? I believe it was said somewhere that they use a certain company. I just find it kinda crappy how during WC they had poor handling with subscribers. Missing issues, wrong issues sent out, issues that weren't stapled. And now I'm getting flashbacks because of these delays. :/ Hopefully it's a one time thing this time and there are no more future problems. 

I'm not sure if this was discussed already. I just see you guys talking about the latest parts and here I am with only part 3. There are a few others here that are subscribed, yeah? 

Unsure if this is relevent here, but there's a pencilled sneak peek of the last issue of Sonic Boom.

By sneak peek-

tumblr_inline_nq5d8bvMwb1r8l0qt_250.png

• Thumbs Up 4

Okay, so when Worlds Unite first began I avoided this thread so I wouldn't see spoilers. But  I peeped in to talk about my fear of Archie's current situation.

Now for this time, I was just wondering.. have any other subscribers had delays with their issues? I emailed Archie and got this response.

So, if Universe #76 which is Part 1 of WU is shipping now, I assume there was a delay? Didn't it come out 3 weeks ago? Anyway, more importantly with Boom #8, they say there's been a delay until mid July. That's pretty bad. I recall people on Twitter saying how they didn't get Boom #8 and the Twitter told them to contact customer support. I didn't know it was this bad. 

Do we know who handles the subs for the Archie books? I believe it was said somewhere that they use a certain company. I just find it kinda crappy how during WC they had poor handling with subscribers. Missing issues, wrong issues sent out, issues that weren't stapled. And now I'm getting flashbacks because of these delays. :/ Hopefully it's a one time thing this time and there are no more future problems. 

I'm not sure if this was discussed already. I just see you guys talking about the latest parts and here I am with only part 3. There are a few others here that are subscribed, yeah? 

yeah I have the deluxe subscription system the issues i'm missing are regular variant sonic #76 all of the covers for boom #8

worlds unite battle book number 1 and its variants haven't shown up either nor megaman #50's variants but i'm sure they will show up soon

otherwise I've gotten everything else so far

edit:well turns out the variants for for battle book #1 showed up today that said it sonic boom 8# aside I wonder if the shipping for the normal issues are the only things that are messing up so far

So Fastidious Beaver and Comedy Chimp will be around for the rest of Worlds Unite, not just Sticks?

I think that's a fair trade since Sega won't allow the Boom!Sega characters to take full part.

Not going to get as over zealous as with Shoening but the art in these previews is really quite good.

I have to admit, seeing the covers Edwin Huang did, I wasn't sure I'd like his style, but I'm happily wrong.  Looks really good with what I've seen.

Not that I know of. Wouldn't be surprised if it was just to prevent brand confusion, since SEGA are very adamant on that.

Just a reminder as well; Ian's at Heroes Con from today to Sunday. He might be a smite busy.

• Thumbs Up 2

Archie's twitter just posted another little preview...

CH4CyR3WEAAW-cq.jpg

...Uh oh.

• Thumbs Up 8

Is it me, or does the characters seem...off in that preview? They all look a bit weird, apart from Xander and the X Characters.

Hmm. Something weird's going on with Xander. Interesting. I think the renders look pretty good but I think the artist is a little more comfortable with humanoids (I think he did the Udon Street Fighter Comics?) still the Mobians don't look too bad to me. 

Did we ever find out why they wouldn't allow the Boom versions of the main cast to get involved?

I think SEGA's saving the Boom characters for Sonic Mach 2, or "Sonic Generations 2," where we not only see Modern Sonic and Classic Sonic, but also Boom Sonic, as well as Sticks! And we get to see Modern Eggman treat Boom Eggman like Bowser of Mario & Luigi treats Paper Bowser!

Still no Sonic Super Special mag  #14?

From what I hear, apparently it was recently released on the Archie's mobile app.

I was chatting with the guy who runs my LCS about the upcoming Megaman cancellation and he brought up that they actually are having problems getting Sonic comics in Australia. Apparently, he says SEGA had a dispute with the people who usually distributed the comics worldwide, so they had Archie switched to an America only circulation, and now shops overseas have to import them from new secondary sources.