Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I've been getting the comics for years but stopped reading them after World Collide cuz I didn't have a subscription to Mega Man, and therefore couldn't really keep reading... I also got really busy, so that divided my attention. Even after finally ordering the back issues of Mega Man that I needed, I've only read the recent Champions arc out of pure interest...and it was FANTASTIC! Brought me back to wanting to catch up, tbh.

I'm making my comeback now! I just read 30+ issues in one night in an attempt to catch up. Just finished the Sonic: Genesis series (started my re-run at issue 201: I had read the older ones to DEATH as a kid! XD Such good times!), and I still don't know what happens to robotized Sally! :o I need to find out!

Also, I missed issue 2 of Worlds Unite due to the same issue... :/ I was in the grocery store the other day and spotted two issues of Boom and Mega Man, purely by chance, but I'm still currently missing the one...just my luck I guess. Oh well, I'll find that 2nd part!!

My re-run continues tonight! Can't wait!!

I'm making my comeback now! I just read 30+ issues in one night in an attempt to catch up. Just finished the Sonic: Genesis series (started my re-run at issue 201: I had read the older  ones to DEATH as a kid! XD Such good times!),

and I still don't know what happens to robotized Sally! :o I need to find out!

Sorry to disappoint you but...they never resolve that.

Maybe all these worlds being introduced will lead to 4-Issue Adaptations of the games involved in the crossover:

- NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams (because there was a 6-Issue saga of NiGHTS into dreams...)

- Golden Axe

- Alex Kidd (Single Issue)

- Billy Hatcher & The Giant Egg

- Skies of Arcadia

- Ghosts N Gobins (Single Issue, at least)

- Okami

- Breath of Fire.

You know, stuff like that.

• Thumbs Up 1

I forgot if it was Capcom proper or Inafune himself who insisted that Classic era was not related to the X & beyond eras, but I was surprised when Flynn was outright allowed to make X the canonical future of the Classic series.

Huh? I thought it's been explicitly said, even in-game at one point, that the X series is the direct future of the classic Mega Man series? One of the arcade games outright features an under-construction Zero in one of the endings, even! Now, what I believe has been said on such lines is that Mega Man and X are not the same robot, but two entirely separate ones, and that the X series doesn't start with "Evil Zero being finished and killing everyone in the classic series" as some had theorized.

(Also I think that Legends wasn't originally planned to be in the main timeline but got merged in as far far far after the future of the series, while Battle Network and Star Force are an alternate universe/timeline)

If my memory serves me right, the Cataclysm theory was debunked but I thought it was also stated that, despite what The Power Fighters implied, but Classic era and X-&-beyond eras were not on the same timeline. To which, it was ignored by fans in favor of a unified timeline.

I also forgot if SEGA is forcing Flynn to say the Sonic comic timeline happens within one year just like what they say with the games. There is that hangup in showing game characters younger on-page...

So chapter nine in a nutshell:

SEGA Character: "These guys [Mavericks] are attacking, geh!"

*Sonic characters defeat it*

SEGA Character: "Thanks but who the hell are you"

Sonic Character: "We're from another world Sigma's bad help us"

SEGA Character: "k"

And that's it. Oh and Flash Man, Cream, Comedy Chimp, and Fastidieous Beaver get captured. At least Flash Man has been useful.

If my memory serves me right, the Cataclysm theory was debunked but I thought it was also stated that, despite what The Power Fighters implied, but Classic era and X-&-beyond eras were not on the same timeline. To which, it was ignored by fans in favor of a unified timeline.

I also forgot if SEGA is forcing Flynn to say the Sonic comic timeline happens within one year just like what they say with the games. There is that hangup in showing game characters younger on-page...

That, like, doesn't even begin to resemble working. Because I swear every other Sonic game begins with "SEVERAL MONTHS AFTER THE EVENT OF THE LAST GAME....".

I know Inafune said that the Cataclysm never happened, but I've not heard anything of Classic and X-onwards being two different timelines.

But admittedly, that does kind of make sense in some odd way - how does one justify X being all "I'm the first free-willed robot ever" when the Classic series has quite a few cases that hint robots pretty much already have it (Bass going against his own creator for his own ends multiple times, Ballade destroying himself to save the guy he was built to kill (busts the second AND third laws right there), Sheep Man being allowed to change jobs, Strike Man deliberately hurting a human because he straight up didn't like the guy etc.)

I know Inafune said that the Cataclysm never happened, but I've not heard anything of Classic and X-onwards being two different timelines.

But admittedly, that does kind of make sense in some odd way - how does one justify X being all "I'm the first free-willed robot ever" when the Classic series has quite a few cases that hint robots pretty much already have it (Bass going against his own creator for his own ends multiple times, Ballade destroying himself to save the guy he was built to kill (busts the second AND third laws right there), Sheep Man being allowed to change jobs, Strike Man deliberately hurting a human because he straight up didn't like the guy etc.)

That does make sense in a way, however fans of the series are just gonna call that stuff bull, like how Mario series fans refuse to accept that the Koopalings are not Bowser's kids and the whole Sonic's world/Earth?Mobius/two worlds thing that recently got said, and of course people still prefer Robotnik over Eggman despite him always being Eggman in Japan.

It also doesn't help that the creators of these series don't bother to confirm these things till years later, and by that time people have already established that the st origin stories of whatever they heard are set in stone.

The only thing that was said is that they're never showing how Classic connects to X. But it still does.

Huh? I thought it's been explicitly said, even in-game at one point, that the X series is the direct future of the classic Mega Man series? One of the arcade games outright features an under-construction Zero in one of the endings, even! Now, what I believe has been said on such lines is that Mega Man and X are not the same robot, but two entirely separate ones, and that the X series doesn't start with "Evil Zero being finished and killing everyone in the classic series" as some had theorized.

(Also I think that Legends wasn't originally planned to be in the main timeline but got merged in as far far far after the future of the series, while Battle Network and Star Force are an alternate universe/timeline)

Legends was always part of the original timeline.

The only thing that was said is that they're never showing how Classic connects to X. But it still does.

Well, if Mega Man 9 is any indication, after Dr. Light died, Rock & Roll probably would have been retired after they hit their expiration dates and no one willing to repair them; Blues probably finally expiring due to his faulty power core. So even if Zero never did slaughter everyone (like Bob & George popularized), it still seems a pretty depressing, ignoble end to the Classic era. Unless they got rid of that "expiration date" thing all together after the Robot Masters were rebuilt.

But quick Sonic-related question: Has Ian given a reason in his continuity why Blaze existed in Silver's Bad Future during 06 (which I know he said happened, and retconned itself like the actual game), when she's still a resident of another dimension? I only ask because the SU reminded me that next month is Silver Saga, and Schlemmer & Gold made me remember that particulat question.

So where did this notion of "Classic and X (and beyond) aren't connected to each other" come from then? I was told just that, with one rationale being that their tones were different.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

That might have just been my own error when trying to recollect Mega Man's timeline. It doesn't help when Capcom is beyond apathetic to the series now, even when they weren't they had no plans to say how beyond hinting that 10 could have started shifting things to X, and the only license which is still around (until the new animated series comes out who knows when) is going on undefined hiatus for still hush-hush reasons.

I'd never even heard before of "they're not connected". If anything I'd posit it might be a misunderstanding of "we won't connect Classic and X"- as in, "we won't show how Classic flows into X because it'd just be about Classic characters repeatedly dying".

I demand a redraw.

That's not the Viewtiful Joe pose. Where's the VJ?

tumblr_nryq7aMctN1r1alb2o1_540.jpg

Silvia's isn't correct either.

Edited by Eitarou
  • Thumbs Up 3

Textful version of rad rejects or something.

Hidden Content

It's Morphin Time!...What isn't that right? Uh, Let's Rocket! SPD Emergency! GO Go Megaforce?

• Thumbs Up 1

Like they say in the movies, there ALWAYS has to be a Plot Twist BEFORE The Happy Ending! And Viewtiful Joe and Sexy Silvia ARE that Plot Twist!

Well that's different. One page of each of the six mini-stories. 

Some notes;

-How can Sticks be in Street Fighter and Monster Hunter simultaneously?

-Huh, new move for Rotor. The drill run is something Knuckles and Rouge have as well, isn't it?

-Dinorex appears to be having a domestic dispute, and yet he's still the closest to succeeding so far.

-Shadow Man appears to be perpetually unamused.

The Bubble Lead does not work like a water gun, Mr. Flynn/Mr. Hesse :U

Oh brilliant, the stories are turning into ''let's do a generic pick up task where we beat a maverick in another world''

As if the arc was meh enough, now for the big massive showstopper third act...we get a fetch quest in comic book form.

Nice one Archie.

• Thumbs Up 1