Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I'm more disappointed that Worlds Unite serves as the penultimate arc for the Mega Man and Sonic Boom comics than anything. Even if my thoughts on the latter are neutral at best, both comics deserve better than what we got with this.

• Thumbs Up 7

I'm really happy we're going back to the main storyline soon. I don't get any comics aside from Sonic the Hedgehog, and I wasn't all that interested in it anyway.

I just got #275 in the mail today, actually. It was nice that there was a non-crossover story included.

I'm more disappointed that Worlds Unite serves as the penultimate arc for the Mega Man and Sonic Boom comics than anything. Even if my thoughts on the latter are neutral at best, both comics deserve better than what we got with this.

At least temporarily for Mega Man as far as we know. Unfortunately the same can't be said for Boom.

So according to mobius encyclopedia, Walter Naugus is now a mobian troll rather than a bizarre fusion of three different animals. But does that mean that we'll see others like him? I'm not prepared for Lady Naugus. That might be scarier than mama Robotnik.

The off panel to end this crowded crossover.

Short_Circuit_MM52.png

Jonathan H Grey confirmed Death note fan.

...Is that the Tails Doll hiding there?

AHHHHHHHHHHH

I went to the comic book store, and there was NO Sonic #275! What gives? What makes it so popular that it sells out immediately?! I'm gonna have to buy it directly from Archie Comics. Or at the very least, eBay.

Edited by YoshiAngemon

I went to the comic book store, and there was NO Sonic #275! What gives? What makes it so popular that it sells out immediately?! I'm gonna have to buy it directly from Archie Comics. Or at the very least, eBay.

Milestones tend to move more units and go for more on the second-hand market.

Your best bet, other than a mail-order subscription,is to set up a subscription/pull list at your local store. That'll pretty much guarantee you get your books from the store.

As much as I want to have physical copies, I just cave in to Digital downloads myself, takes far too long for comics to get to me.

Can someone explain the ending to me. Did all the worlds literally unite into one?

No, from what I gather, Xander pulls a Sonic 06 and

stops Sigma in the past before he escapes from X, effectively erasing the events of the crossover

No, from what I gather, Xander pulls a Sonic 06 and

Hidden Content

Gah that's disappointing. Now if only these two companies could work together to make a game.

The off panel to end this crowded crossover.

Hidden Content

It's Mama Robotnik. You've got to read the editorial above it to understand.

Why did they even bother to put X and the gang in there...The only character they needed was a strong villain=Sigma, and a bunch of strong-looking enemies to beat up in a few pages to make the fight look nice=all the X series bosses. 

The final fight was very disappointing too. They could have made all the characters from different games help Megaman and Sonic defeat Sigma. But no, lets make this character that isn't even in the game and was absent like 90% of the crossover use this power he achieved out of nowhere and solve everything in a few panels. 

I saw Mama Robotnik, but look closely, the Tails Doll is there as well.

So's the Mega Man from Captain N: The Game Master. I think Archie Comics should publish the Kid Icarus Comics, which would tell the stories of the three games, add in a single crossover with Mega Man involving Dr. Wily using the Three Sacred Treasures to take over the world, and maybe add in a part of it where Mega and Pit meet Their N-Team Counterparts, along with the N-Team's SImon Belmont, Princess Lana, and Kevin, better known as Captain N!

I have never liked the comics. Admittedly, I haven't read much of them, but from I've read I wouldn't want to. I think the original characters in it like Sally, Antoine and Rotor are very uninspired. And I think the romantic subplots are very cringeworthy; I recall Sonic being a manwhore, which I thought was very stupid and unfitting for Sonic. Simply put, I find these comics to be one big, ugly fanfiction.

I'm honestly surprised it's lasted this long. I highly doubt these comics sell a lot.

Edited by Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have never liked the comics. Admittedly, I haven't read much of them, but from I've read I wouldn't want to. I think the original characters in it like Sally, Antoine and Rotor are very uninspired. And I think the romantic subplots are very cringeworthy; I recall Sonic being a manwhore, which I thought was very stupid and unfitting for Sonic. Simply put, I find these comics to be one big, ugly fanfiction.

I'm honestly surprised it's lasted this long. I highly doubt these comics sell a lot.

I think you should know that your idea of the comics is very outdated. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Every single thing you said is outdated. The person behind that piece of shit is Ken Penders, a former writer who turned it into a disgusting mess of a soap opera drama, with absolutely shit art, and as equally shit writing.

That all changed 10 years ago when Ian Flynn came on and made the comic into one of the best things Sonic related.

• Thumbs Up 3

Characters like Sally, Antoine and Rotor are still around, though.

And from what I've read, Ian Flynn's work is bad. I remember reading this issue back in 2007 and it was full of soap opera nonsense:

latest?cb=20090323023455

Edited by Diesel

And from what I've read, Ian Flynn's work is bad. I remember reading this issue back in 2007 and it was full of soap opera nonsense:

latest?cb=20090323023455

Believe me dude, this reboot is a totally different ballgame.  I'd eat my hat if we got a future story like that one again. 

• Thumbs Up 5

latest?cb=20090323023455

One shitty story does not a bad writer make.

Every writer is going to have bad stories. On top of that, Ian had no choice but to write that issue because it was a plot point already built up by Penders. Ian had to resolve it. 

Why are people using an eight year old story, from a dead continuity, to argue about the quality of the book now? It's not a fair comparison.

We may as well say the comic was always crap because of shit like "End Game" from way back in 1997.

At least give the new direction a chance, and if you don't like that, then you might have a valid point. Anything prior to #252 is irrelevant to the current continuity, and it doesn't make sense to hold things from the old continuity against the current state of the book when they are very different.

Edited by Zaysho

The SatAM Freedom Fighters are cool in some ways, and I certainly wouldn't want them to be gotten rid of, but as they are, I do strongly prefer the Sega characters, honestly. Probably because the game characters tend to be more distinct and "colorful" in terms of their personalities and basic concepts.

My least favorite is probably Sally. I don't actively dislike her, but I feel the amount of attention she gets is disproportionate to how interesting she is. Bunnie, Antoine and Rotor all seem like they have potential to be way more interesting, but Sally always gets a lot more attention than they do, whether in SatAM, the comics, or just among the fans.

And honestly, I don't really like the idea of the Freedom Fighters itself. It would be better, in my mind, if Sonic was wandering around by himself or just with Tails. I will say that having the Sky Patrol is a vast improvement over being stuck in Knothole/New Metropolis. But I think it would be kind of neat if the Freedom Fighters characters were just scattered around to an extent. That way, maybe they could develop a bit more of an individual identity, and could potentially become way more distinct and interesting. Right now it feels like the Freedom Fighters are predominately understood in relation to the fact that...well, they're Freedom Fighters. Which basically just means they're good guys and good fighters...which is, of course, very generic.

Maybe if there were more interesting interpersonal relationships within the team, it would be better...but as is, it feels like there's very little beyond "they're all good friends". And Antoine and Bunnie are a married couple, obviously, but that's about it. I always thought that Sally was supposed to be especially best friends with Nicole and Bunnie, but we don't even see much of that. (Though admittedly, I've skipped a lot of comics, so I'm not the best informed.)

It's too bad, because I do feel some of the characters have potential, especially Rotor, Antoine and Bunnie, but honestly, it's really not being utilized. Of course, if any of the radical changes I suggested were made, some people would be ticked off...which is understandable, considering it's upsetting a really long-held status quo. But while I don't think it's good to change the status quo just to "mix things up", sometimes there's a good reason for it. I dunno, just some thoughts...

Every single thing you said is outdated. The person behind that piece of shit is Ken Penders, a former writer who turned it into a disgusting mess of a soap opera drama, with absolutely shit art, and as equally shit writing.

That all changed 10 years ago when Ian Flynn came on and made the comic into one of the best things Sonic related.

I just want to point out that Ken Penders isn't responsible for everything bad in the comics' past. Didn't Karl Bollers do a lot of soap opera stuff himself?

• Thumbs Up 2

Didn't Karl Bollers do a lot of soap opera stuff himself?

Bollers is to blame for some of it, but Penders is the one who dragged it directly into it.