Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Yea, the fox thing is a typo. The poster probably thought she was a fox because of the white tipped tail or something.

Whatever the case, I'm really liking Lupe's redesign. In general, she looks and feels more like she belongs in the Sonic universe, and looks more like the Sega!Sonic style while still sporting her regular design. It's much better than how Steven Butler drew her IMO.

[pic]

I think Butler's problem is more an artstyle one than a character design one. He makes every character slightly taller and humanoid, not to the point of uncanny valley but just enough to be irksome.

Edited by Spooky Daltros
wait nevermind butler didn't draw that picture

To be fair, Lupe had an awkward human-esque body type from her inception in SatAM.

Ha. The Butler-inspired post-Tossed In Space Bunny really sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the designs immediately before and after.

*Sigh* It reminds me of how Penders and Bollers essentially started turning the book into furry drama which happened to occasionally star the Sonic cast. Makes me remember the people who DID actually like that who jumped ship officially after Worlds Collide and the new 'Verse started.

She's always been structurally similar in the face to Sally, so that doesn't change much.

Sure, but now they had the chance to change it :V

• Thumbs Up 1

She's always been structurally similar in the face to Sally, so that doesn't change much.

Which is also why I'm upset? This was the perfect opportunity to make wolves, chipmunks, rabbits, marina animals and anything else that looks like a Sally-clone look different instead of making them more similar.

In a franchise where hedgehogs, cats, bats, and chameleons have the same facial structure.

Amy rose has short quill-like hair and small ears like other hedgehogs have.
Marine the Raccoon have bigger ears and a big mask-like pattern around her eyes.
Blaze the Cat have long ears, not as long as Big but long enough, and some fur on her cheek.
Rogue the Bat have huge ears and hair on the lower back of her head.
Tikal have a nose shorter than the male echidnas but slightly pointier than the other species.
Cream the Rabbit has a long ear and color around her eyes but smaller than Marine.

Species in Sonic aren't supposed to look alike. Unless you think a wolf and chipmunk is supposed to look similar, I think it's reasonable for them to have different designs. 

• Thumbs Up 1

No, you both make points, Lupe at the very least I can tell is a wolf, but all and all, all the game characters have the same basic facial features with only small differences like ears, tails, height, body structure, markings, but that's just how the series is or at the very least it's what's been laid down by Yuji Uekawa, Archie is just following in that to make sure none of the characters look too out of place like how some designs were in Pre-Ian/Yardley comics.

Sonic Boom series as the most diverse looking designs, but they blend in well with the Segasonic designs and don't seem too alien.

Edited by Dantemustdie00
  • Thumbs Up 6

I can understand wanting some greater distinctness. Makes things diverse and unique.

But at the end of the day, as long as we can still tell them apart is it really that big of an issue if there are some similarities among them? It's not like Lupe is a flat out Sally-clone - we can still see strong differences with her design.

It's not as if any of these characters even look like animals and not bizarre deformed aliens anyway

If you want to start using that excuse though, that's even worse- out of all the possible shapes bizarre deformed aliens can take, why is it always "Sally the Acorn" :V

• Thumbs Up 2

did anyone see this before? Something called Sonic Comics Spectacular... the first volume comes February 16 2016

latest?cb=20151010193050

SONIC COMICS SPECTACULAR: SPEED OF SOUND collects 352 pages of hand-picked, favorite stories from the action-packed, character-rich universe of Sonic the Hedgehog in a high-quality, low cost format.
Sonic the Hedgehog isn't just the fastest running hero around--he's the longest running too! From killer robots, to mad scientists, to evil wizards--Sonic's overcome them all! He's traveled the world at super sonic speed! For every villain he's faced, there's a friend he's made! Sonic is simply the coolest hedgehog there is!
SONIC COMICS SPECTACULAR: SPEED OF SOUND is a collection of some of Sonic's greatest adventures! You'll be racing right along with Sonic through over three hundred fifty pages of pure action, adventure and fun!
Whether you're new to all of Sonic's awesome adventures, or a long-time fan reliving the magic, this is the end-all be-all collection for you!
  • Thumbs Up 1

Lupe: FATHER!

Sally: Father...

Nicole: Father. :/

Lupe: Father. :(

Sally: Father. 

Bunnie: Y'all done yet?

• Thumbs Up 5

Besides the reference would have to be "I Swear I Double Jumped!" Preceeded by someone going "(Insert Characters Name Here) Seriously?!"

Oh hey, just realised something. Sally's got a different look there, so this must be a transitional period between her kid look and modern look. Helps that Antoine also has a look more reminiscent of his kid self. Sneaky how it looks so similar to her modern self that it probably wouldn't be spotted as aging.

Edit: For those that haven't spotted, her hairstyle is a throwback to her pilot/Spinball/Christmas Blast look.

SatAmSally1.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

did anyone see this before? Something called Sonic Comics Spectacular... the first volume comes February 16 2016

latest?cb=20151010193050

Don't worry, I'm sure Archie will end up delaying it anyway. They've been doing that so much that I don't think we've had a GN release since February with Saga Series 7.