Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Oh hey, recently read up 278. Might as well post my thoughts on it, man I already miss the Boom comic. ; _ ;

So the Shamaran Freedom Fighters are pretty cool! Spike obviously looks up to Sonic and has a lot of respect for him but he's still pretty level-headed and can properly handle a team. Sonar is pretty cute, using those big ears to eavesdrop conversation with Egg Army soldiers is pretty cool and her fangirling out when she meets Sonic is pretty freaking cute. Trevor Burrow is definitely the guy that  has little to say, is a pretty quiet guy and keeps his cool and let the fighting do the talking; so yeah he's a cool fellow. Another fine addition to the Archie cast and helps that they diversify the species in the world too!

Also seeing the Unleashed NPCs interact with the cast is always a plus since I love interacting with those NPCs in the game! One thing I really like is how Big and Antoine interact with one another since Big is pretty simple-minded, he can't really catch on with what Antoine says for the most part but the fact he's so adorably innocent about it is so cute, also really like how Big can easily explain situations that Antoine finds hard to say whether it's about their goal or what up with the Werehog.

So yeah, a really good issue and can't wait to see more on Nephthys in the second part!

As for the other story, again I really liked. Considering how Clove and Sally or Bunnie and Cassia interacted and just talked instead of fighting (the latter did fight but you still get my point) kind of shows that both are a lot similar than they appear to be, both had their share of issues and similar struggles but they're at different sides. So I like how Ian does complex ideologies like this whenever he can to get the readers thinking more about these characters and who they really are. But yeah, really liked this part and it's safe to say that Cassia & Clove are probably my favorite Egg Bosses yet!

Now I'mma gonna wait and see how the Silver Age ends because damn son, it's gonna end good!

• Thumbs Up 4

I was reading a few pages back and people were saying to forget the crossovers. The big question is would you guys be whistling the same tune if Archie announced a Sonic/Mario crossover comic: Simply action and simply no Olympics.

I'm still not sure why Worlds Unite got so much hate honestly. I mean sure it wasn't the strongest crossover but it was harmeless.

I'm still not sure why Worlds Unite got so much hate honestly. I mean sure it wasn't the strongest crossover but it was harmeless.

Because it was a cluttered mess that, for Sonic, served no purpose but to interrupt the plot.

Plus, we only got one significant Boom representative (Comedy Chimp and Fastidious Beaver contributed absolutely nothing to the story) because of Sega's idiotic mandates. The art ranged from passable to inexcusably bad (looking at you, Act 2), there were too many characters and not enough done with them, and the guest stars were completely worthless and turned the story into the comic equivalent of a ratings trap.

• Thumbs Up 6

To honest, I never really cared about Worlds Collide, It was a good crossover and a way good way to reboot the series but i barely ever read it. 

I was pretty hyped up for Worlds Unite but in the end it was pretty much a waste of time.

If we went by that logic, the revealed issue of having a dragon fighting a phoenix wouldn't exist because neither have ever been in the real world.

....... Yeah, I think I'll shut up now.

Man I'd love a thylacine character in the book, extinct or not, they're one of my favorite animals, and I always enjoy seeing more obscure animals used as basis for a new character.

• Thumbs Up 3

Okay, so we're somewhere in the (early?)middle of the Unleashed adaptation, and one of the best things about it over the game version is how all parties in the world (Knuckles, the Chaotix, GUN and Team Dark, hell Big the Cat, and many more) are involved instead of being absent, Chip is interacting with more characters than just Sonic and is seeing the entire world before he has to return to slumber (giving him a true world adventure and greater value in protecting it), and how much more intense the conflicts are.

All of this had me thinking about how they would do the finale, and it makes me wonder how they'll deliver this and who will be involved. I'd call it a potential "Battle of Eggmanland", because we know that's where the last part of this arc will take place as we get closer to the end and everyone has to deal with Eggman and Dark Gaia.

The real beauty of it is that we don't know how they'll do it, but aside from that clusterfuck that was Worlds Unite, I can trust them to deliver a real epic piece of work. What we can be certain is that the Freedom Fighters (more specifically Sonic) and Eggman will duke it out before Chip goes Colossus and everyone fights Dark Gaia. But other than that, it's no telling if there will be any other parties involved (I really want GUN, Team Dark, the Chaotix and some of the Egg Bosses to participate in this).

What do you guys think?

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 8

Okay, so we're somewhere in the (early?)middle of the Unleashed adaptation, and one of the best things about it over the game version is how all parties in the world (Knuckles, the Chaotix, GUN and Team Dark, hell Big the Cat, and many more) are involved instead of being absent, Chip is interacting with more characters than just Sonic and is seeing the entire world before he has to return to slumber (giving him a true world adventure and greater value in protecting it), and how much more intense the conflicts are.

All of this had me thinking about how they would do the finale, and it makes me wonder how they'll deliver this and who will be involved. I'd call it a potential "Battle of Eggmanland", because we know that's where the last part of this arc will take place as we get closer to the end and everyone has to deal with Eggman and Dark Gaia.

The real beauty of it is that we don't know how they'll do it, but aside from that clusterfuck that was Worlds Unite, I can trust them to deliver a real epic piece of work. What we can be certain is that the Freedom Fighters (more specifically Sonic) and Eggman will duke it out before Chip goes Colossus and everyone fights Dark Gaia. But other than that, it's no telling if there will be any other parties involved (I really want GUN, Team Dark, the Chaotix and some of the Egg Bosses to participate in this).

What do you guys think?

I'm hoping that, since Chaos is out and about, Sonic will share his Emerald power with him at the climax, giving us Perfect Chaos vs Perfect Dark Gaia!

• Thumbs Up 6

As if the climax in Unleashed was epic already, now you're asking me how epic the Archie take would be?!

One thing's for sure, it's going to be epic (very possibly even moreso than the game). The possibility of more characters being involved in the climax, a possible Perfect Chaos vs Perfect Dark Gaia fight as Forte proposed, I'm quite hyped to say the least.

I can't tell you what I would happen at the end but one things's for sure that Unleashed did deliver, it's going to be an epic and heart-warming climax as all good Sonic stories are!

I'm hoping that, since Chaos is out and about, Sonic will share his Emerald power with him at the climax, giving us Perfect Chaos vs Perfect Dark Gaia!

Oh, holy fuck...I completely forgot Chaos left the Emerald Alter near the beginning of the Adaptation and the Waves of Change arc. THAT would be a sight to see!

• Thumbs Up 3

You mention team dark,  eclipse  IS still running around too irrc. He would problably interested in a mass of chaos energy. I wonder if they could do something with that or when. This whole next year is two shadow centric anniversaries. Sonic boss clusterfuck? 

Edited by Shadowlax

it's going to be an epic and heart-warming climax as all good Sonic stories are!

the exception ironically being Worlds Collide

Something I've thought about concerning Knuckles' subplot: do you think they're going take the predictable route and have Knuckles miraculously restore the Emerald in time?

I'd much rather see a scenario where Sonic is close to fixing the world than Knuckles is to restoring the Emerald, causing him to panic and lash out.

Edited by TheFatPanda
  • Thumbs Up 6

Hopefully they'll pull off something epic...

...unless they pull a Unite and get other people to work on it.

I can only hope they use Worlds Unite as a learning experience on what not to do when it comes to making epic arcs. If anything, that should have taught them not to rush things and put too many characters in an arc - that isn't to say they should drag out the Unleashed finale to the point of being an arc fatigue (like Ian did in trying to get everything he could done with Mecha Sally), but they should make it long enough so they can fit everything in. 12-16 issues split between the Main Series and Universe (2 Main arcs and 2 Universe arcs) arcs isn't too much, is it? Or is that likely too little?

Something I've thought about concerning Knuckles' subplot: do you think they're going take the predictable route and have Knuckles miraculously restore the Emerald in time?

Hidden Content

Maybe, maybe not. It'll get restored eventually either way, and they'll have plenty of time to find other uses for it when they do.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I wouldn't get my hopes up too high you guys.

Sure i can imagine the Freedom Fighters forming an alliance with everyone ( Team Dark,Chaotix etc) to storm Eggmanland and battle the Egg Army, But that's pretty much it. Otherwise it's the same basic Sonic Final Story formula: giant evil monster shows its true form, Sonic turns Super Sonic, defeats the monster, world is saved, BOOM end of story.

could be wrong though...:rolleyes:

I doubt anyone else will be called in to help. They'll want the focus to be on Chip and his sacrifice. Goodness know he's not having enough focus as is during this. 

I doubt anyone else will be called in to help. They'll want the focus to be on Chip and his sacrifice. Goodness know he's not having enough focus as is during this. 

I disagree. The Freedom Fighters could easily realize that the final Gaia temple lies inside Eggmanland, as does Eggman, and Eggman puts his entire Egg Army into the city as protection, knowing his plans are so close to failure once again. I'd imagine it working like Turnabout is Fair Play, where The Freedom Fighters, Team Dark, and Team Chaotix worked together to storm Eggman's stronghold in order to buy Sonic enough time to get inside. It could be the same case here, where every member of the team gets a moment to shine alongside Sonic as they work together to breach the outer and inner forces, buying Sonic and Chip just enough time to get into the speed/day section of Eggmanland.

I think it could be a really cool contrast to Countdown to Chaos, where we were reintroduced to the Freedom Fighters individually, and now we see all of the teams working together as one large team, as they all get their own moments to shine.

Edited by Ryannumber1gamer
  • Thumbs Up 2

I disagree. The Freedom Fighters could easily realize that the final Gaia temple lies inside Eggmanland, as does Eggman, and Eggman puts his entire Egg Army into the city as protection, knowing his plans are so close to failure once again. I'd imagine it working like Turnabout is Fair Play, where The Freedom Fighters, Team Dark, and Team Chaotix worked together to storm Eggman's stronghold in order to buy Sonic enough time to get inside. It could be the same case here, where every member of the team gets a moment to shine alongside Sonic as they work together to breach the outer and inner forces, buying Sonic and Chip just enough time to get into the speed/day section of Eggmanland.

But why would they need to storm Eggmanland?

The Gaia Gate will allow them to warp inside the temple, IIRC.

But why would they need to storm Eggmanland?

The Gaia Gate will allow them to warp inside the temple, IIRC.

Idk, maybe Eggman just decided to build Eggmanland over the Gaia gate just to be a douche to Sonic. He is trying to keep the world at ransom at this point, he wouldn't be doing a very good job if he didn't try to protect the very thing that would stop him.

But does Eggman even know about the Gaia Gate at this point?

Metal Sonic was reassigned before he could interrogate Gregorios.

I'm pretty sure Ol' Eggy is well aware of them at this point. If I remember correctly, in the latest issue, when Sally meets Cassida, it's revealed they're guarding a Gaia Gate I believe. 

Not to nitpick, but that's a Gaia Temple.

There's only one Gaia Gate (which allows teleportation if the Gaia Keys are gathered), and it's in Apotos.