Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

just something I figured i'd bring up but wasn't there a big purple cloud of doom and gloom that covers the planet that could possibly get made into a bigger threat then just blocking the sun out?

Well I don't know, If they just used the Gaia Gate to teleport there, that'd feel like a massive cop out to be honest.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well I don't know, If they just used the Gaia Gate to teleport there, that'd feel like a massive cop out to be honest.

How will it be a cop out? 

Oh, I'm sure Ian will throw a curveball. Wouldn't be a finale if the heroes could just take a shortcut past the final level.

Eggman isn't gonna make it easy to fix the planet, especially with his creepy little stowaway in the Sky Patrol. I'm sure it's only a matter of time until that adorable little abomination sabotages the FF's progress.

How will it be a cop out? 

Think about it. For such a long arc, and especially a level as infamous as Eggmanland for the amount of shit it puts the player through, don't you think it'd be a little bit of a cop out if breaking into Eggman's ultimate base was as simple as teleporting in.

• Thumbs Up 4

its possible that the gate will only warp them near the gaia temple or in other words they might just warp to the front gate area to eggmanland

Think about it. For such a long arc, and especially a level as infamous as Eggmanland for the amount of shit it puts the player through, don't you think it'd be a little bit of a cop out if breaking into Eggman's ultimate base was as simple as teleporting in.

That's what I want. 

They do all the shit and shadow just teleports in and they are pissed. 

Sonic just like 

Sonic: really? Really?! Wh... what are you even doing here. 

Shadow: Black arms, the last one 

Sonic and everyone who isn't knuckles:... What?!.... WHAT?! 

converge all the stories. 

Oh going through eggman land yeah I though you meant teleporting from previous gia temples that they visited incase they needed to go back somewhere for plot important things.

Hmm...depends on how they do it.

Sure they could teleport in, but we also have to remember that Eggmanland is being used as a refinery for the Death Egg, and that's before any other obstacles are revealed. And Eggman might expect that, or at the very least make it difficult no matter how easy it is to get to Eggmanland.

I think Ian would want to avoid this being anticlimactic. Wouldn't do him any favors given the support he has for writing Sonic in general.

Question: What concepts are being used from the Wii/PS2 versions and what concepts are being used from the 360/PS3 versions?

I think the only concept from the former is the Gaia Gate.

Well I mean the WiiS2 version didn't really have anything different from the PS360 version conceptually.

I just got the latest issue in the mail. I really enjoyed the second story. I have to say, personally I find Spike, Sonar and Trevor Burrow's designs to be pretty mediocre. Well, okay, Trevor's not so bad, but the other two really scream "half-hearted fan characters". I know that they're purposefully inspired by Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles, but...well...I just find them underwhelming, to say the least. Sonar's super power is nice, I guess. (because it's a power Superman has) I like the stripes on Spike's back spines.

It felt a little weird to have a pastiche of Sonic, Tails and Knuckles without having Tails or Knuckles themselves appear.

So, in a way, because Spike and Sonar are ripoff characters, its like a really weird Post-SGW conclusion to this:

SVFmsg9.png

...except not really, but y'know I connect what I can between these universes because dammit I like Scourge because of how much I hate him

I just got the latest issue in the mail. I really enjoyed the second story. I have to say, personally I find Spike, Sonar and Trevor Burrow's designs to be pretty mediocre. Well, okay, Trevor's not so bad, but the other two really scream "half-hearted fan characters". I know that they're purposefully inspired by Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles, but...well...I just find them underwhelming, to say the least. Sonar's super power is nice, I guess. (because it's a power Superman has) I like the stripes on Spike's back spines.

It felt a little weird to have a pastiche of Sonic, Tails and Knuckles without having Tails or Knuckles themselves appear.

I've yet to read the issue (I'm just going off of previews), but of the designs, I think I found Trevor the more generic of the three. I think his palette and silhouette makes him resemble Rotor a little more than they probably intended. Personally, I think his and Sonar's colors should have been swapped--Sonar being a shade of purple, Trevor being a shade of green. I think the gag that they're derived from/inspired by Team Sonic would actually work better if their color schemes were complementary to them; Spike is already orange to Sonic's blue. so making Sonar a purple/blue-violet to Tails's yellow/yellow-orange and Trevor a shade of green to Knuckles's red would work pretty well.

That's the only thing that comes to my mind from what I've seen of them though. My impressions might change after I've read it.

Edited by Zaysho

I really liked the new freedom fighters as far as designs go and their personalities weren't obnoxious in my opinion.  I even got a little sad when Trevor hinted at his blindness (which makes sense for a mole). Honestly wouldn't mind seeing more of them after the Unleashed arc in something like Universe. 

sonar_by_adambrycethomas-d9h6orl.jpg

Sonar a cute

CUTE!!!

Edited by Taokaka
  • Thumbs Up 5

So I found a page of SU82 on Tumblr. The final page. Gonna hide it in spoilers. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Credit goes to lordlaharlsvassal for finding this.

tumblr_nydu3sBYfQ1rjln1bo1_1280.thumb.jp

Edited by Arranos

Isn't it just Worlds Unite he's going forward to, because this precedes that? At the very least, we know he departs from them at some point.

Ian's confirmed LHT Chapter 2 has been delayed. It will be here before Christmas hopefully.