Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

11 minutes ago, SilverStarN64 said:

To be fair, the first two pairings never even kissed at all (unless you were making fun of DeviantArt, which I assume you would:lol:), and I don't think SEGA would ever do something like that again after Sonic 2006. Shadow and Maria basically have a brother-sister type of relationship (similar to Silver/Blaze and Jet/Wave).

True. In the games they haven't even touched. My mind is intoxicated with Shadria artwork from Pinterest. This is why, I'm afraid. >__>

Pinterest is like a vault for all things, forbidden or not. There's even an artwork there where both are naked, immersed in water and...

...never mind. Forget I said anything. x___x

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, SilverStarN64 said:

Yes, I'm aware of that. SnivelyxRegina and ScourgexFiona are a thing too.

Not sure what you meant. I just think since generally love between humans and animals is weird, and they're representing it with two weirdos, it's not trying to condone bestiality like what people can say about Sonic 06

Well, Snivelly x Regina is acceptable since she's human like Snivelly, right? An Overlander.

But Regina is the wife of an animal. A Mobian. Isn't that weirder?

15 minutes ago, Inspector Shaddy said:

Not sure what you meant. I just think since generally love between humans and animals is weird, and they're representing it with two weirdos, it's not trying to condone bestiality like what people can say about Sonic 06

I'm not sure what you meant, either.

What I'm trying to say is that "human+animal" pairings shouldn't be canon. I know they won't do that anyway because SEGA said so. That is all.

I recall Ian saying that the Iron King and Queen were married strictly out of benefit and not romance, so...

Side thought: Might be remembering wrong, but wasn't it once said the Iron Queen was a badger?

• Thumbs Up 4

27 minutes ago, Inspector Shaddy said:

11 minutes ago, Mister X said:

I recall Ian saying that the Iron King and Queen were married strictly out of benefit and not romance, so...

Side thought: Might be remembering wrong, but wasn't it once said the Iron Queen was a badger?

Yes, you're right about that. Although, it really doesn't matter because we never even saw her Badger design anyway.

Yeah, I know she was considered human later on. Just couldn't remember if the badger thing was ever mentioned (and it was, in an old Sonic Grams thing if the wiki is correct).

• Thumbs Up 2

I love how there's a whole discussion about couples and pairings all simply because Thunderbolt shows a huge admiration and maybe a small crush on Eggman. It's really not a big deal.

I got this question from my status updates to ask though:

Who would make the best ideal Archie Sonic comic pencilist-colorist-inker trio?

• Thumbs Up 1

Best inker used to be Austin before he started sucking ass, but because of that now it's Jim Amash. Best art is debatable. I like pretty much everyone except for Jamal Peppers. Best colorist is probably Matt Herms, but Steve Downer doesn't do too bad a job. I HATE Gabriel Cassata's colors

• Thumbs Up 2

What character centered arcs do you think will get after this all said and done, in Sonic Universe that is.

Me, I think we will get one on 1. Sally, 2. Bunnie, 3. Rotor, 4. Knuckles (of course), 5. Same with Shadow, 6. Clove and Cassie, 7. One Silver  (of Course), 8. A New one with Nicole, 9. Amy and Cream., 10. Blaze, 11. Rouge, and Finally a, 12. Antione and Bunnie.

But who do you will get the arcs, or do you agree with choices? Let me and everyone else know.

13 hours ago, DarkLight said:

Not like that would go over well with Sega anyway.

Unlikely, but I'm sure it's not mutual. I'm pretty sure Eggman isn't even aware of her feelings for him. Even if he were, he probably wouldn't care.

"Eggman, baby, I love you!"
"Yeah, sure. Whatever. Go kill shit."

• Thumbs Up 3

22 minutes ago, WittyUsername 2: Revenge said:

Unlikely, but I'm sure it's not mutual. I'm pretty sure Eggman isn't even aware of her feelings for him. Even if he were, he probably wouldn't care.

I'm so sorry.

• Thumbs Up 9

16 hours ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Ya know, with Wendy actually hitting on him last issue and now this.....is Eggman becoming some sort of villainous chick magnet? I-I don't know how to feel about that.

The secret is in the mustache.

It's played for comedy, I don't see any reason to worry. Chill people, those times are behind us.

13 hours ago, SilverStarN64 said:

To be fair, the first two pairings never even kissed at all (unless you were making fun of DeviantArt, which I assume you would:lol:), and I don't think SEGA would ever do something like that again after Sonic 2006. Shadow and Maria basically have a brother-sister type of relationship (similar to Silver/Blaze and Jet/Wave).

Aside from the "furry+human" couples, there's a certain lesbian pairing that totally blew my mind away. Believe it or not, Katella+Madonna is actually a thing...:blink:

Commission: Katella and Madonna (Color) by Chauvels

I'm totally speechless right now...I don't know whether to be extremely happy, or extremely puzzled by this unlikely duo.

I'd ship it. Also the person who drew this also has Madonna GarnetXSonic pics too. Just FYI.

Anyway I think the Thunderbolt stuff is being blown way out of proportion. Its cute and innocent and isn't being portrayed any other was. 

7 hours ago, zwrozaz said:

What character centered arcs do you think will get after this all said and done, in Sonic Universe that is.

Me, I think we will get one on 1. Sally, 2. Bunnie, 3. Rotor, 4. Knuckles (of course), 5. Same with Shadow, 6. Clove and Cassie, 7. One Silver  (of Course), 8. A New one with Nicole, 9. Amy and Cream., 10. Blaze, 11. Rouge, and Finally a, 12. Antione and Bunnie.

But who do you will get the arcs, or do you agree with choices? Let me and everyone else know.

Knuckles, Shadow, Silver, Amy/Cream, Blaze, Rouge. That's about it. As much as I'd love seeing an arc based solely around comic characters (Spark of Life was kind of that, but also got away with it due to Tails/Big). Ian's more or less said already that SEGA/Archie only want SEGA characters at the lead of the arcs because those are the characters that sell arcs. 

And yes, having those same characters multiple times is repetitive.

I'd be surprised if we ever saw a Rouge arc. She seems destined to be in a support role for her appearances, as much as her game self has more facets.

Also obligatory chips for Chaotix and Babylon Rogues. Former haven't had a post-reboot arc about them and their usual antics (Great Chaos Caper was basically a Knuckles-focused story), latter haven't even appeared post-reboot save for a rushed cameo on the cover of StH#258.

• Thumbs Up 6

I wish they could do a Rouge arc. It'd be nice to see what they could do with her on her own. But yeah there's zero chance of that happening.

• Thumbs Up 1

Indeed, the only chance the comic-exclusive characters have at getting their own SU Arc would be if characters from the games tagged along and get extensively advertised. Literally the only reason Nicole and Sally got their own Arc was because (according to Ian) they (or Sally at least) are well known enough for their face on the comic issues to sell well and even then Tails and Big had to included, even though they had a rather minimal contribution to the plot.

Personally speaking, I think an Amy and Cream SU Arc should be prioritized. My own obsessive favor for those two aside, I struggle to think that Amy and Cream ever truly had their own SU Arc. While they did get a good amount of focus in Treasure Team Tango, they also had to share page time with Blaze, Team Dark, Team Hooligan, and Team Babylon (all of whom I can't help but feel got more than a lion's share of focus, especially Team Hooligan) and the plot was more about these four teams fighting for a single gem then it was an "Amy and Cream adventure". Pirate Plunder Panic was much more of a Blaze story with Amy and Cream merely tagging along for promotional reasons (IIRC, Amy and Cream were included both as a throw back to TTT and because the editor didn't think a story with just Blaze and Marine would sell well enough). And the upcoming "Knuckles and Amy" SU Arc is, once more, more of a Knuckles story and lacks a certain rabbit (and Team Dark will be tagging along yet again). There's also the whole matter of Amy and Cream's friendship being more-or-less "disliked", no thanks to the games doing a crappy job of handling it and Sonic X not doing much to help. The comics, so far, have handled their friendship much better and is pretty much the only thing that can redeem this dynamic, but we rarely get to see Amy and Cream working together and, most likely because of favoritism and other stupid reasons I can't comprehend, Ian has had Cream tag alongside Sally very frequently since the Reboot, as if Cream is now Sally's "sidekick" and Sally is her "big sister figure". I'm just saying, I would love for a SU Arc of Amy and Cream alone (well, Big could tag along since he's a Team Rose member) going on an adventure and doing their dynamic justice. EDIT- Oh yeah, forgot to add that Cream hasn't had ANY meaningful or significant contribution in the comics since her overdue debut, so this kind of SU Arc would fix that issue that shouldn't exist to begin with Sorry to repeat that for the billionth time but I'm afraid I can't shut up about it and I honestly think this needs to be said a billion times

Objectively speaking, Blaze (and Marine) are certainly in need of their own SU Arc soon. I already said this here before but Blaze has had the least amount of appearances within the comic (even Silver, a character in a similar predicament of living in a different plane of existence via the future, has had way more appearances over Blaze) and her treatment in said appearances are rather lackluster and always shared with other characters, who end up getting tons more focus. Heck, I'm thinking of taking back calling PPP "Blaze focused" because, while the plot is about her, she spends most of the story in a cage and otherwise not accomplishing much until the very end. So yeah, as much as I actually don't care for her character, Blaze needs her own SU Arc, either solo or shared with Marine.

• Thumbs Up 5

8 hours ago, WittyUsername 2: Revenge said:

Not only does he likely know, he probably uses it to get her to do things for him. I think he keeps her just far enough to remain an object of desire to her yet close enough to seem attainable, if she just manages to pull off that one major coup.

I'd like to see Rouge do something other than Team Dark stuff. In fact, I'm kind of tired of Team Dark in general at the moment. Not the characters, just the characters as a team. It'd be great to see Rouge do some treasure hunting or something... maybe she'd come into conflict with the Hooligans or the Babylon Rogues. Then have a side story where Shadow and Omega go off on their own to attack an Eggman base to destroy some Badniks. Idk, anything just to mix it up a bit.

I'm not opposed to Team Dark being a thing, but I'd rather it not be a thing all the time. Worlds Collide aside, when was the last time Shadow appeared on his own or in the main series? 

• Thumbs Up 7

I would love an arc with Rouge, the Babylon Rouges, and Nack's gang racing each other for some treasure.

• Thumbs Up 7

Here's something from the preview noone's touched upon yet.  In the flashback, Eggman mentions he learned the hard way Tails is no mere fox with a footnote to "Sonic the Hedgehog 2".  I'm positive he means the 16-bit version since being kidnapped for a whole game proves nothing.  So in the Archie comics so far, S1 > S2 16-bit > S3K > S2 8-bit > Tails Skypatrol?  Interesting...

I originally thought 2 8-bit would be before 16-bit but thinking about it now it does make sense taking place after S3K since 8-bit Silver Sonic does seem closer to Metal Sonic in evolution than Mecha Sonic and S3K started using Super Badniks as minibosses then 2 8-bit, Chaos, and Triple Trouble used them as regular bosses.  Hopefully we see more of timeline unfold in the next few comics.

• Thumbs Up 2