Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

30 minutes ago, goku262002 said:

Thinking that you may want to give credit to the artist who did those:

Don't you mean @RobotnikHolmes? After all, he posted most of those pictures on here anyway. I only did the previous two characters.

Yea, the Sonic Channel-styled art was done by Adam Bryce Thomas, who is one of the artists on the comics.

• Thumbs Up 3

7 hours ago, SilverStarN64 said:

Here's two more ladies! Your welcome @ChaosSupremeSonic and @RobotnikHolmes. :)

conquering_storm_sonic_channel_by_adambr

Bout time! Gonna make this my screensaver. If I could have a statue of her...man!

Also, I just realized something about Wendy being the 12th Egg Boss - she's the perfect counter to the legit-dangerous-as-fuck Deadly Six whenever the Lost World arc comes around.

Hijack Eggman's badniks or his Egg Bosses cybernetics? Lol Wendy I choose you! Crystallize them and get them back (unless he gives her cybernetics in which how da fuq does that change things?) Course that renders them barely a threat to him, but they'll certainly be trouble for the Freedom Fighters.

• Thumbs Up 3

I think there's one thing that potentially points to Wendy being the final Egg Boss.

The solicts for Shattered only specifically mentions Wally, and not Wendy, which makes me wonder does Wendy backstab Wally at the final moment, and works with Eggman, meaning Wally has no choice but to flee to Angel Island?

• Thumbs Up 4

55 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

The solicts for Shattered only specifically mentions Wally, and not Wendy, which makes me wonder does Wendy backstab Wally at the final moment, and works with Eggman, meaning Wally has no choice but to flee to Angel Island?

I've talked about Wendy being the last Egg Boss before, but no one here seemed to even care about that up until now. But yeah, I can totally see this happening during the final issue of Eggman's Dozen.

Honestly, 281's backstory with Bunnie is one of the best the comic's had in a while. This should have been the Bunnie story we got back when the backups started, not that one that existed just to say what we already knew "Bunnie and Antoine love each other very much"

32 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Honestly, 281's backstory with Bunnie is one of the best the comic's had in a while. This should have been the Bunnie story we got back when the backups started, not that one that existed just to say what we already knew "Bunnie and Antoine love each other very much"

The worst part of it is, Eric Esquivel is still lurking around, mucking about the Off Panels with his lousy jokes and inflation fetish.

Who knows when he'll crap out another back up story out of nowhere?

• Thumbs Up 5

Eric Esquivel makes the most corniest and stupid jokes. He kinda ruined the heartwarming story a little because of course in the off panels, he decided to make a crap off panel about Bunnie/Tails mocking origin stories.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm sure he passes for funny on those Sanjay & Craig Comics he writes but good lord the guy is just painfully unfunny.

Which artists are good with off-panels? Or more specifically, which off-panel are you guys favorite? I tend to ignore that section because most of the time I either don't understand them or think they are terrible. And I never got used to one of the artists...I don't know which one, they make it really messy, cramped, distorted, and overall confusing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, KoDaiko said:

Which artists are good with off-panels? Or more specifically, which off-panel are you guys favorite? I tend to ignore that section because most of the time I either don't understand them or think they are terrible. And I never got used to one of the artists...I don't know which one, they make it really messy, cramped, distorted, and overall confusing. 

My favorite Off-Panel would be Silver and the Second Devourer in "The Big Game"...

latest?cb=20151213184945

Also, Sonic and Silver during "Mustard Madness" is a close runner-up...

tumblr_nn8dxqR9r41r1alb2o1_500.jpg

Can't forget Sonic Universe 50, either...

latest?cb=20130614181340

Ian Flynn, Evan Stanley, and Bill Freiberger do the best Off-Panels, IMO.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just read #281. The main story was nice. I like Dulcy and the backstory with Bunnie & Tails is fantastic.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 14/05/2016 at 2:05 AM, Inspector Shaddy said:

They said they were done adding Adventures characters so

Did they say that? Because I'm pretty sure it's a case of 'if we feel we can make use of a character we'll put them in there' or something.

Flynn said they've introduced every AoStH and SatAM character they currently plan on using, but he might add more if he can find places for them. I recall him specifically saying he's not interested in using Ari or Lazaar. Katella's a popular candidate, so she probably has the best chance.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'd rather see Warpnik, to be honest. He seems like he'd be a much more interesting character, what with being a twisted mad being from another dimension. Personal fanboyism aside.

• Thumbs Up 2

If they bring in Katella, I hope they actually keep her as an intergalactic huntress. Maybe something involving hunting for Eclipse and the Dark Arms...?

• Thumbs Up 6

That would be interesting, though I hope it would be in a mercenary capacity. She seems like a self-absorbed individual.

• Thumbs Up 2

Maybe she wants to capture Black Arms to sell them to some weird galactic organization, so she goes after Eclipse since he's the only one left. It could put Eclipse in a situation of having to work with Shadow (who's part alien himself, I might add) to deal with her. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Wouldn't she just be interested in whatever specimens she could find? A blue hedgehog, a two-tailed fox, who wouldn't pay top dollar for those? Alternatively, she could end up turning on a metaphorical dime by switching sides to Eggman if he offers her an even larger wodge of cash.

While we're on the topic, let's just run down some potential characters from the show and see what ideas we can come up with for them.

Dr Warpnik I've mentioned, but I can easily see him as some dimension hopping entity, maybe in a story involving Blaze and/or Silver. Perhaps a future threat or one from a mirror universe (the latter could get a great/tedious 'Sanic' character, though I imagine there's a mandate against alternative versions of characters, and Penders).

Dr Qwark and DUFUS I feel could be re-envisioned as small-time rivals to Eggman, DUFUS especially could make for an interesting character, a shape-shifter who maybe develops his own free-will (maybe like Shard?)

Captain John Paul Memo: If and when we return to Meropis Memo could make for a good one-off villain like he did in the show.

Captain Rescue: I admit this is a stretch, but the 'washed-up superhero' is always something I like to see. To be honest I feel the comic could do with more one-off, non-arc stories and he'd make a good subject for one.

Professor Caininestein: To quote the Simpsons, "needs more dawg!" We really do need more dogs in the Sonic universe, I can imagine him as some friend or mentor to Muttski in that capacity. Maybe he could be a character to help the present cast get involved with time travel, allowing them to meet Silver.

Captain William Le Duc: We need more ducks, especially adventuring ducks.

Collie Chang, Well, we do need a news personality and she fits that bill. Even if she dresses like a weather girl, which could make for a nice running gag; people underestimating her only for her to come out with a very sharp and eloquent question or point that makes the interviewee uncomfortable.

Of course, for all of these the problem of time constraints and the need to give every character a time in the spotlight (especially comic characters) makes it very hard to fit them in a meaningful way. However I hope to at least see some redesigned AoStH characters like Roxy or Hacker in the background, they make very nice little callbacks that fans would recognise and appreciate.

Also, Wes Weasley story arc.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, ThatGuy said:

Wouldn't she just be interested in whatever specimens she could find? A blue hedgehog, a two-tailed fox, who wouldn't pay top dollar for those?

Mm, very true. Katella trying to catch Sonic and Tails could be an introduction arc, and perhaps a later sequel involves Eclipse and/or Shadow to some degree. Like she has a personal grudge against the Black Arms for something that happened to her in the past and would love to finally bring one down.

1 hour ago, ThatGuy said:

Also, Wes Weasley story arc.

The Adventures of Wes Weasley and Wentos. 

• Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

I'd rather see Warpnik, to be honest. He seems like he'd be a much more interesting character, what with being a twisted mad being from another dimension. Personal fanboyism aside.

He and Von Schlemmer would make great rivals.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Mister X said:

If they bring in Katella, I hope they actually keep her as an intergalactic huntress. Maybe something involving hunting for Eclipse and the Dark Arms...?

It would problably make way more sense having her scared of them to be honest. Remember only person on record to stop black arms successfully is shadow assumedly they have devoured entire worlds. Which retroactively makes the gun leader telling gerald to get the fuck away from it make sense and adding another reason to the list for them to capture shadow.

I suppouse it could be a sort of revenge thing, maybe black arms devoured her planet. That sounds pretty cool, but that would never happen.

We are all forgetting an important detail, for whatever reason shadow just doesnt interact with satam folk. I dunno if its sega, folks at archie kind of scared of that prospect, but they are almost never doing anything with each other nowadays. And i would assume that would apply to everything shadow is invovled with.

They have had plenty of oppertunities,just...nope.

1 hour ago, Shadowlax said:

We are all forgetting an important detail, for whatever reason shadow just doesnt interact with satam folk.

I'm sure he'll have a good long chat with Wally in the future.

6 hours ago, Mister X said:

Mm, very true. Katella trying to catch Sonic and Tails could be an introduction arc, and perhaps a later sequel involves Eclipse and/or Shadow to some degree. Like she has a personal grudge against the Black Arms for something that happened to her in the past and would love to finally bring one down.

The Adventures of Wes Weasley and Wentos. 

I like the idea of the latter; all across the world two pitchmen are in an intensive rivalry to shill as many 'useful' products as possible (think BILLY MAYS and Anthony Sullivan). Turns out these products are made by Dr Eggman and are turning people into robotic slaves (or something) can Sonic and Tails get to the bottom of the mystery before it's too late?

2 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

It would problably make way more sense having her scared of them to be honest. Remember only person on record to stop black arms successfully is shadow assumedly they have devoured entire worlds. Which retroactively makes the gun leader telling gerald to get the fuck away from it make sense and adding another reason to the list for them to capture shadow.

I suppouse it could be a sort of revenge thing, maybe black arms devoured her planet. That sounds pretty cool, but that would never happen.

We are all forgetting an important detail, for whatever reason shadow just doesnt interact with satam folk. I dunno if its sega, folks at archie kind of scared of that prospect, but they are almost never doing anything with each other nowadays. And i would assume that would apply to everything shadow is invovled with.

They have had plenty of oppertunities,just...nope.

Her devouring her planet could be nicely dark, though maybe too dark for the comic. The only problem with it is that it might lead to another one of those 'the villain isn't really all bad' thing which Ian does play a fair bit. (though thankfully so far most of the Egg Bosses seem to be in it to win it)

• Thumbs Up 1