Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

What does it take to stand on a plane wing. They make it look easy.

They have magnets on their shoes.

Hm, I know I've seen a Metal Amy that looked almost exactly like this before. I think it was in some Sonic gag comic from a few years ago...

Aoi's Comical Highway, though I can't find the specific one.

That was a Metal Amy, actually, implying that Eggman built a robot to chase Metal Sonic. Maybe he thought it would also go after Sonic?

• Thumbs Up 1

Uhm.. it isn't just you.

U4vHF.png

Actually its from this:

scrib254e.gif

Its from an old set of translated japanese webcomics by "Aoi". they were featured on Team Artail years and years ago.

http://www.teamartai...mics/aoi-strip/

That was pretty cool for Ian to aknowledge Aoi like that, hes more deep with our fanbase then I thought.

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 3

That's pretty badass I admit. But still. Even though the design is from a japanese webcomic. Is there still any muddy legal issues with taking a design idea that isn't officially Sega?

That's pretty badass I admit. But still. Even though the design is from a japanese webcomic. Is there still any muddy legal issues with taking a design idea that isn't officially Sega?

Nah because overall the core character design the fan-design came from is SEGA owned, this is more of a homage to the fan who made the original design and now its (sort of) an official SEGA licensed character. besides I don't know if Aoi is still out there in the vast reaches of the 'net but I'm sure he/she would be pleased as punch that his/her old character from a gag comic he/she made ages ago has been redone for the US comic book and is now a official SEGA licensed character (Again, sort of).

What does it take to stand on a plane wing. They make it look easy.

Rule of Cool that's why.

I'm liking the look of the issue (239). It's looking alot better than the last two. However I feel the story is starting to drag a bit- as if they don't want to do anything too drastic until 250. So another year and a half then tongue.png

Edited by Blackbell

Double post, but it's somewhat interesting. It's about some new digital comic releases;

SonicTheGamesClassic-620x.jpg

SonicTheGamesMillennium-620x.jpg

SonicTheGamesModern-620x.jpg

I'm just LOLing at the fact that they probably can't get any sort of Heroes adaptation in there because their method of going about it was so weird.

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 1

I am assuming these are digital "reprints" of old Archie stories?

I am assuming these are digital "reprints" of old Archie stories?

They are just reprints, yes. They're cheap though, only $3.99 so it wouldn't be too much of a rip off like other reprints can sometimes be

Wow Sonic is a pretty damn good leader.

Actually leading his team by example and being tactical as well. It's like such an easy job to do for him.

It's certainly much more entertaining and interesting than seeing Sally point, shout orders, and then do nothing!

Wow Sonic is a pretty damn good leader.

Actually leading his team by example and being tactical as well. It's like such an easy job to do for him.

He's fine, but we all know the dude is only a placeholder until Tails takes the reigns. Kid was born to call the shots. XD

(kinda like Miles over in the Anti's zone)

Edited by Sega DogTagz

He's fine, but we all know the dude is only a placeholder until Tails takes the reigns. Kid was born to call the shots. XD

True, but it's nice to know under the impulsive cockiness, Sonic has a brain in there and knows how to use it.

Definitely liking the irony Elias commented on; he hated being King yet now fights to retake the title. I guess he's starting to man up and realise that what his father said was right: a good leader must make sacrifices for his/her people.

Plus we all know at some point he'll abdicate to Sally but I assume that wouldn't be until a point in the never to be written future.

---

Definitely looking forward to some more Shard and Silver. Shard really is a Metal Sonic.

---

Also liking how Silver's world probably just got turned upside down the moment he heard "Mogul." It'll be nice to hear whether Mogul's genuinely reformed or is just manipulating Silver. I'm inclined to think he's genuine; in the 200 years after Sonic's death he has yet to find a way to gain power and control the world? Given his villainous status for tens of thousands of years, it's no wonder nobody trusts him.

---

Naugus, I assume, is planning to resurrect Ixis Vale. The ritual circle, and the fact Geoffrey took his remains, points to that pretty obviously. But for what?

I don't think Naugus is looking for an ally. I think he's looking for a new body to force himself into so he can escape those voices. A very powerful body, since Vale was Mogul's second in command in the ancient days of the Order. From that body, he'd be able to lead the prophesised Ixis Resurgence.

Since it was an emerald that restored Naugus' sanity, I think that's why he has three in Mogul's recollections. He probably sealed each of the voices in one emerald each.

Edit: Actually it seems Vale is a girl. Umm. I guess he's planning to revive her just to suck out her powers then.

Edited by TaniciusFox

Quoting from the SA2 topic:

A new comic German magazine with Sonic and Shadow

http://sonic-scene.ru/eng/?p=203

It's the Archie comics put into magazine form from the sound of it. I doubt they'll be put into the right order; At least at first. Panini does a decent release of the Star Wars comics, but those are much more popular. Star Wars has a bunchof series and Germany only releases one main comic with different story lines each time (Though they usually span a few issues) and release stories they couldn't like that in TBP format. They're even releasing the old Marvel comics. They also have a Clone Wars magazine for younger kids, it seems that'll be like this. Hopefully they'll release the whole series in TBP format, like the Archives only bigger.

I'll buy this to check it out. Maybe today, if I can.

P.S. It looks like they're releasing the Kid Icarus AR Cards, too

Edited by MarcelloF

It's certainly much more entertaining and interesting than seeing Sally point, shout orders, and then do nothing!

I am glad that someone caught the stealth insult towards Sally.

I would honestly like to see this. And since we are talking about Tails, I am glad that Tails is doing something that pertains to his specific skill set and showing how useful it is. Loved how he scared the shit out of Metal Sally.

• Thumbs Up 2

I got the comic magazine now. It has the first two Shadow Saga parts. Off-Panel isn't in it. Translation is good; One of the translators is the guy who translated Wind Waker. Paper quality is good, too. In the back they have some puzzles. One where a picture is mixed up and you have to put the numbers in the right order. The other is just cut up pictures of Sonic characters and you have to guess who they are. The extra was just Sonic & Shadow Beyblades.. I liked that on the page for it, it say it's them using Spindash.. I dunno why, I was just surprised they actually knew what the Spindash is.. Next issue comes on the 19th of September. Extra will be this toy gun that shoots out balls. It's pretty nice, but I wish they'd have released them as normal comic issues. I really hope they release the whole normal series in TBPs. In one of footnote boxes, where it explains when Shadow and Metal were fighting through the Zones, it just says "Unbelievable how long they've been fighting!".

Funniest thing, though, is that this is for little kids, right? Yet on the back they have an ad for the new DC comics and one of them is a Batman cover with Joker with a bunch of bloody baby doll heads laugh.png

Edited by MarcelloF

True, but it's nice to know under the impulsive cockiness, Sonic has a brain in there and knows how to use it.

I guess that's one way to look at it, but over the course of the comic series Sonic has made it pretty clear that he has no problem taking point and making the big decisions.

We might not have seen it for a while, but its always been there. ^^

(I think the last really good example would be Hedgehog Havok? Sonic did a really good job of rallying a lot of personalities through the chaos and then using his head to get out of a serious pinch)

I am glad that someone caught the stealth insult towards Sally.

I saw that, I just didn't feel like fanning flames.

I would honestly like to see this. And since we are talking about Tails, I am glad that Tails is doing something that pertains to his specific skill set and showing how useful it is. Loved how he scared the shit out of Metal Sally.

I think Tails has been doing better for himself since his universe arc. He developed a little bit in those 4 issues and there has been a little more focus on what our 2-tailed phenom brings to the fight.

Its nice that they are getting back to his comic roots and re-establishing him as the hero-in-training on the tier of Sonic and Knuckles (or in some cases above them).

To be honest, I am really getting excited to see Tails having to eventually match wits with his anti. I think that is the next step for Tails to clear on his path to leadership.