Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Well in my honest opinion, she is like, let's say Gadget from Rescue Rangers, an established character that fans are used to seeing with the the main focus/character/characters of the show.

Gadget's a mary-sue.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Define a Mary Sue and explain how Gadget is one. Because I've seen Rescue Rangers when I was young, and I know Gadget was more of the tech expert than a character who was so perfect and with no flaws. If anything you could argue that Chip was more of a spotlight stealer in that show.

Considering it was a three word post, I'm pretty sure he wasn't being serious.

Im getting really sick of the term 'Mary Sue'.

I'm getting sick of this entire discussion! Hopefully we get an issue release soon so we can talk about that for a bit.

I also thought the ending was kinda rushed.

I can't think of an arc ending by Flynn that I didn't find underwhelming. A shame too, because he always has such strong buildups.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sally isn't suiefied if you ask me, well not under Ian at least. The way Ian writes Sally. She doesn't still the spot light. Sally is useful at times and her plans don't always work. So it seems to me that she is a good character. Isn't a Mary sue a flawless character?

There is no doubt in my mind that the way Ken Penders, Karl Bollers, and Mike Gallagher wrote her, Sally sucked. The way Ian wrote her is just right.

Really? I'd say the very fact she sacrificed/ roboticized herself to save the whole world is already putting her on a bit of a podium, to be honest. Not so much the act itself, but the way it was written. Just reading over it, the scene kind of screams "Pity me, give me attention, look at how selfless I am".

Not to say all characters who sacrifice themselves for the greater good are the same, but it was just so... self-aware. At the end of SA2, Shadow didn't go out of his way to 'die' for everyone; it was just a consequence. But Sally's sacrifice was played up to make it seem like everyone owed her one and she knew it. The way it was written almost make her seem like the kind of kid who'll deliberately throw themselves down the stairs to break their arm/ leg and get a pity party to be the centre of attention.

• Thumbs Up 3

I think we've been on this forum long enough to know a serious post for a troll one.

Nah, some people can be pretty serious with what they say here. I've been here for 7 years, and even then I can fail to know a serious post from a troll one.

As someone who knows Toby Barrett pretty well off other forums, I find it pretty easy to spot when he's messing with people.

Still no sign of new issue spoilers yet.

Really? I'd say the very fact she sacrificed/ roboticized herself to save the whole world is already putting her on a bit of a podium, to be honest. Not so much the act itself, but the way it was written. Just reading over it, the scene kind of screams "Pity me, give me attention, look at how selfless I am".

Not to say all characters who sacrifice themselves for the greater good are the same, but it was just so... self-aware. At the end of SA2, Shadow didn't go out of his way to 'die' for everyone; it was just a consequence. But Sally's sacrifice was played up to make it seem like everyone owed her one and she knew it. The way it was written almost make her seem like the kind of kid who'll deliberately throw themselves down the stairs to break their arm/ leg and get a pity party to be the centre of attention.

I dunno, I think it seemed self-aware because, well, it was a conscious decision. Shadow's sacrifice was more of a "WHOOPS RAN OUT OF JUICE OH NOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooºººº..."

Aaaaaaaaaand, my issue just came in the mail! I'll now be accepting PM requests for spoilers! smile.png

Though, there is one little detail that I can share in the thread itself concerning the next issue...

Danica Patrick, Beat, AiAi, and Vyse confirmed for SASRT adaptation!

Edited by chaoscontrol14

Nope, only an image of the woman herself next to the cartoony Sega guys, and sure! I'll have a photo up in a jiffy! smile.png

Edit: Done! Here's a peak at her:

HNI_0099-2.jpg

Enjoy! :)

Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 5

Given how wonky Beat and Vyse look, I'm not worried. I think its just that Tracy Yardley (thats who drew it, right?) isn't a pro when it comes to humans.

Beat's head looks like Pac Man!