Awoo.

goku262002

At this point, a lion-turtle asspull would make much more sense considering how they've been used to grant the elements. I suppose the path the find one must be difficult to make up for it being so left field; Aang found one by mystical luck.

I just hate the fact that Lion-Turtles are just always the cop out excuse, we already know Aang wasn't that great of a father and it would've been an interesting and realistic dynamic to approach on this show, even heroes like the avatar have their flaws and succumb to human desires.

But okay, lion turtles again. at least Asami looks like she will do something this season and its awesome to see old!Zuko, he looks like his grandfather a bit.

To be honest, I think the whole Lion Turtle cop out would be used to sanitize that kind of stuff and prevent it from bringing up questions they'd rather avoid, or to keep any flaws like you noted from being viewed out of proportion...or shipping stuff (lol). You know sometimes viewers can be morons when it comes to people viewing once morally "pure" characters succumbing to that kind of stuff, and LoK already has mixed views regarding characters thanks to the first season.

I dunno, that might just be me viewing the audience a bit too cynically.

To be honest, I think the whole Lion Turtle cop out would be used to sanitize that kind of stuff and prevent it from bringing up questions they'd rather avoid, or to keep any flaws like you noted from being viewed out of proportion...or shipping stuff (lol). You know sometimes viewers can be morons when it comes to people viewing once morally "pure" characters succumbing to that kind of stuff, and LoK already has mixed views regarding characters thanks to the first season.

I dunno, that might just be me viewing the audience a bit too cynically.

To be honest with you though, it would really ruin the image of the characters that were built up in the original series for me but yeah, your right, it probably would be more realistic and my expectations are probably just too naive.

On top of that, bringing the Lion Turtles back could better show the bridging of humans and spirits.

The whole reason the Lion Turtles refused to give humans the power of the elements during the start if the First Avatar Cycle was because of this separation between humans and spirits. Now that spirits are back, the Lion Turtles might come back to grant humans the power of the elements again to fight rogue spirits.

...and in a way, that actually makes even more sense for the Lion Turtles to return after typing that out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Curios question, is the animation quality better in book 3? Cause I felt like it went downhill in book 2. Maybe that's just me though, because I can't find anyone else who agrees with me. Some people tell me it looks the same others say it looks better.

I would just like to clear something up with the discussion that is going on right now.

While it's not stated how all of these airbenders came about (seriously, there were like more than 20+ of them) I doubt this has anything to do with the lion turtles or whether or not Aang went around sleeping with a whole bunch of random people. Not to mention that some of them have said that they have miraculously started to be able to bend while they couldn't beforehand.

Some of the other people who have watched it have speculated that it has something to do with the Harmonic Convergence and when Korra made the Spirit World and the real world connected once again.

And I would seriously like it if people don't get all up in arms about speculation from people who haven't even watched the episodes yet and are missing some context about how some things came about. No once is it stated that Sokka could be Lin's half-sister's father; it could literally be anybody.

Just thought i'd side step and give some insight on the matter.

Edit: Oh, sorry didn't see the above comment

Curios question, is the animation quality better in book 3? Cause I felt like it went downhill in book 2. Maybe that's just me though, because I can't find anyone else who agrees with me. Some people tell me it looks the same others say it looks better.

Season 2 was mostly handled by Studio Pierrot with the rest by Studio Mir, who are usually in charge of the series. I'm sure you can Wiki which episodes each did. In the credits of each episode Studio Mir was listed as the animation studio, which is a blessing because Studio Pierrot's episode animation quality was a noticeable step down.

It also helps that Sifu Kitsu, who helped with fight choreography in the original series and season 1 of Korra, is back and it shows.

Whatever, point is that airbenders were pulled back from the dead when they really shouldn't have. I really liked the fact that airbenders were a rare race and that Tenzin's family were on the way to rebuilding the airbenders. now its just like "fuck it, everyone airbends now thanks to Korra's mystic galaxy bullshit".

Just gonna leave this here.

Well fuck......im kinda hyped now...and after the rash burning Season 2 left me I should know better.

• Thumbs Up 5

And Bumi can airbend apparentley, so much for being a badass normal

That's a plot point apparently, spontaneous air benders.

Yea, in hindsight. I should have probably spoiled tagged this.

That's a plot point apparently, spontaneous air benders.

1000px-Avatar_The_Last_Airbender_logo.sv

THIS TITLE USED TO MEAN SOMETHING, HARUMPH

• Thumbs Up 1

1000px-Avatar_The_Last_Airbender_logo.sv

THIS TITLE USED TO MEAN SOMETHING, HARUMPH

To be fair, it stopped having as soon as Tenzin and his family showed up :V

To be fair, it stopped having as soon as Tenzin and his family showed up :V

Aang was and is the last of his kind, there were no other airbenders, him making more through compulations doesnt really invalidate that. As all of the airbenders in Korra were still produced through his loins. There better be a good explanatoin for this is all ill say.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know when Season 3 starts airing?

nope 

Nick put a heads up today letting us know the show is back... next week on the 27th

.. and they're airing the first 3 episodes... gee, I wonder why?

I wonder if they planned to air so soon before the leak happened. Certainly came very suddenly, but I'm glad for any shorter wait.

Time to set myself on fire and get a head start.

Is it kinda weird that im still excited for this despite Season 2 nearly killing me?