Awoo.

goku262002

I guess I should watch the first series before I check this out. A friend's always telling me to but I've never gotten around to it.

I guess I should watch the first series before I check this out. A friend's always telling me to but I've never gotten around to it.

Most definitely. It's best to watch the first series mostly to progress through the evolution of tone, because I bet in a sense, this series is going to be Avatar's, Lord of the Rings. You'll understand the second series well enough without watching the first, but it will probably make watching the first series (aka The Hobbit) all the more awkward. That's the vibes I'm getting at least.

So you think the first episode is out there somewhere?

Damn, thats a confirm if anything that we won't be seeing anyone else from series 1 except for katara. shame at that, i wanted to see if sokka became a off the wall nut in his old age.

So you think the first episode is out there somewhere?

Damn, thats a confirm if anything that we won't be seeing anyone else from series 1 except for katara. shame at that, i wanted to see if sokka became a off the wall nut in his old age.

I can only image how crazy Sokka would be at old age. Heck just seeing anyone else except Katara would be nice. I have nothing against her but I just wanna see Toph or Sokka more. Heck even ZUKO.

I hope they have a flashback episode of sorts. The series is kind of asking for it after that cryptic piece of dialog katara said.

I still need to watch the last few episodes of the last air bender. I was watching a marathon which had every episode and missed the last few =\

• 1 month later...

Wait wasn't it confirmed Nick was calling it "Avatar: The legend of Korra" a month or so back?

Fuck this! Someone twitter Nick and find out the title once and for all. i'm hating this alternate title thing they keep switching back and forth with.

Edited by goku262002

It doesn't even make sense neither. She isn't even an air bender.

Technically, she is an airbender due to the avatar bending all four elements...as for the last airbender, there's about four other last airbenders to go along with her.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sooooo glad someone beat me to this. And I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad we get to finally see the new season. I've waiting for like 2 years for this. This shit better be amazing or I'll rage harder than Hulk.

April 14th! YES! But I am a little bit bummed they left "Avatar" out of the title but it's just a minor nitpick. I'll live.

I wasn't a fan of the first Avatar series. It didn't click with me whatsoever.

There are quite a few scenes in here too that make me kinda groan since they seem a little...cheesy. Not sure if its the line delivery in combination with some the animation, but it kinda made me facepalm.

HOWEVERRRRR...

Those fight scenes looked REALLY slick. I was actually quite impressed with the production values during those segments in the trailer not to mention the general style appeals to me a lot more than The Last Airbender did as well. LeSean Thomas also did work for this too, and I dig his stuff, so I think I'll give this a shot regardless of my opinion on the original series. This looks to appeal to my tastes a lot more than the Last Airbender did.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just got done watching Episode 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLkgXhGraFM

Now I'm hungry for more. Everything about that episode was absolutely amazing. The characters, the music, the scenery, EVERYTHING.

Considering the slight drought that Nick has been in lately, LOK is DEFINITELY a breath of fresh air to the channel. Mike and Bryan REALLY outdid themselves with this show. It's the best thing I've watched that came out this year.

Edited by Ash Crimson

I'm several minutes into it... I'd be watching longer if it weren't for the damn buffering... What are my thoughts?

So far so good! I actually laughed when Katara was about to tell what happened to Zuko's mother when she is interrupted by her grandaughter. That's some great trolling right there, Mike and Bryan!

Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta watch the entire thing... If the stupid buffering will ever stop. dry.png

Animation looks stellar, the characters are heartwarming (sans Lin :V) and, the ancient Chinese culture and the Roaring 20s mesh together particularly well here, I really can't find much that's bad in the episode. Pretty excited for the series to officially start.

Also

That feeling when you suddenly realize that Aang and Katara named their first two kids Kya and Bumi.

Edited by Cryogonal

I remember some of my friends telling me this was coming, but never knew when it would come. From seeing the trailer, it already looks awesome, being Avatar is another perk, and being able to stream a episode right now is amazing! I think I'm going to save looking at the episode so I could watch it at the same time as my friend smile.png

Ok all i'm getting is a blank screen.

Here, thanks 4chan!

www.sendspace.com/file/krtjfl

Oh and for the dolts who click on anything that says download, CLICK ON THE "Click here to start download from sendspace" TAB!

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 2